Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you turned on the central heating yet?

Options
  • 08-10-2009 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭

Today I have decided winter is officially upon us!

The heating goes on and is likely to stay that way for the next six months at least. Its not a bad run though, last couple of summers were about three weeks ago if i recall correctly.
    Do I hear applause in the ESB !!

Has anyone else turned on the central heating yet?, what's the earliest or latest that you remember doing so after summer?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Turned mine on for the first time last weekend. I think on average we are turning it on a bit later than normal . . . so thats good.

Still haven't lit a cosy fire though, although I am sort of looking forward to it . . . ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I hadn't the heating on this June, July & August....makes a change from the last 2 years! Heating on properly only last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I was just looking though the temperature records of my weather station for the last few years and realised, this is the month of change. First air frost, first proper gales, first single digit daily max.
    October is the end of Indian summer dreams here!

Personally, am looking forward to visiting southern China again and feeling the lovely 30C heat again in winter.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

well i've the central heating on every evening through the summer.

also have open fire in living room lit the past few nights

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Not yet, but apartments tend to be a bit cosier anyway. Last morning or two I have been contemplating it (and with storage heaters it takes a day or two to feel the benefit).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

No central heating here (can't afford the oil just yet :o) but had to make a fire last night as there was quite a nip in the air. Wasn't to bad when moving around but when sitting down for more than 15 mins it did get quite cold. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Living room toasty warm today , utterly miserable out but lovley inside :)
    DVD and coffee weather!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The CH is on for two 30 mins periods in the mid evening, the thermostat is only one quater the way round. I'd love to have a real fireplace :(

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

We have had it one a few nights but nothing to mad yet. Not looking forward to get the winter heating bill but we have change to airtricity hope that will help :(

Advertisement