Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disabled accommodation in Kilkenny

• 08-10-2009 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭

Right, I realise that this probably isn't the best place to start enquiring about this. But I want to know the possibilities before I dig further.

I'm a 23-year-old presently living with my Mum in Kilkenny. For a few months now I've being thinking about moving into disabled accommodation with a part-time care assistant (maybe for a few hours each morning and night). Is it possible for a friend of mine to move in with me to eliminate the necessity of a 24-hour carer? And would he/she be entitled to some sort of Carers Allowance even though they wouldn't be a full-time carer?

What other entitlements would I be entitled to in regards to rent and other bills like gas and electricity?

Sorry if you guys can't help but as I said I thought I'd find out the basics before I went gun-hoe at it. :)

Thanks,
    Brian

Advertisement