Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Micro Men BBC 4 tonight

• 08-10-2009 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Just a heads up

Alexander Armstrong and Martin Freeman star in this comedy drama telling the story of the race for home computer supremacy during the 1980s. Clive Sinclair and former colleague Chris Curry go head to head in a battle to achieve domination of a growing market, triggering the beginning of the UK computer revolution. Part of the Electric Revolution season

Its at 9 pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

Did anyone see this? Any good?

It's on again on Saturday at 10pm. Might try to catch if it's any good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Haven't seen it yet. Think I'll watch it tonight. Man I wanted one of those sinclair car things so badly when I was a kid. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It was great. Loads of old computers and a funny script.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

Really enjoyed it - ZX Spectrum was my first computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Just watched it. Very enjoyable stuff. I still want one of those electric cars. :D 25 years on and it still looks class!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,398 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Sounds good, must check it out

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Bugger. I missed this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

Bugger. I missed this.

Me too. It's on again Monday night, 10pm, BBC4.

As far as I can tell, it's not going to be on for at least the next 2 weeks, so it might be a while before it's on again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,398 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Thought it was pretty good.
    On again Wed night at 9pm on BBCHD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Quite enjoyable, even if I kept on seeing visions of Armstrong presenting HIGNFY (he was particularly good as Sinclair incidentally)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Great show. I had a sinclair spectrum and a zx81. Clive was my hero for a time. He was ahead of his time (every house will have a computer), (electric cars is the way of the future etc).

The end to the show was v.good, Big trucks with microsoft signs overtaking Clive on his C5. The big joke at the time was the C5 as a personal transport being crushed by bigger vehicles. The metaphor was done really well.

Advertisement