Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An dTuigeann Tú? HL

Options
  • 08-10-2009 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I was just wondering does anyone know if there's a tapescript availble for this book? I can't find any on the CJFallon site, and it says nothing about it anywhere in the book(As far as I can see) xD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

I dont think there is. I think An Gúm offer some sort of brief notes but thats about it....where exactly are you having touble?

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

Hi, I'm an irish teacher and I got the tapescript from Cj Fallon. I got it as part of a teachers pack, all our students use the books. They may give it to you if you ring up and pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Smuckie

is An dTuigeann Tú worth getting? i'm in 6th year now and there's been no mention of an oral book so far.. could i work away at it myself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

gaeilgebeo wrote: »
    Hi, I'm an irish teacher and I got the tapescript from Cj Fallon. I got it as part of a teachers pack, all our students use the books. They may give it to you if you ring up and pay for it.
    A Irish Oral book would be nice, I hate photocopies! Slightly off topic, but what would be your number one tip to someone who is struggling at speaking Irish at HL?

Smuckie wrote: »
    is An dTuigeann Tú worth getting? i'm in 6th year now and there's been no mention of an oral book so far.. could i work away at it myself?

To be honest, I dont think its a great tapework book. The chapters are difficult in comparison to the actual exam papers. The speakers on it talk to fast as well. "Eist le Chéile" would be better, however the actual exam papers are the best practice for tapework.

• Advertisement

A Irish Oral book would be nice, I hate photocopies! Slightly off topic, but what would be your number one tip to someone who is struggling at speaking Irish at HL?

There are some good oral books on the market but they are all very "bitty" as I say. With my HL class, I do the oral topic by topic, that way if you are struggling, it helps that there is an order and structure to your notes as opposed to doing bits and pieces every week!

Advertisement