Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell 1320c Printer

• 08-10-2009 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭

Hiya Im just wondering if anyone can help me with my printer.There is a flashing orange exclamation mark on the right hand side of the status panel.The computer is not regognising that the printer is connected but it is.Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling it with no change.The troubleshooting toolbox doesnt recognise a printer to do try fix it.I accidentally turned the printer off during a download as I didnt realise it was downloading and I think this may or may not have caused the problem,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

read the manual. it'll tell you what all them flashing dingamabobs mean.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/prn1320c/en/index.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭smallgarden

ive had a look at the manual and cant find the problem,it mainly gives problems with printed pages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Tried reinstalling the printer drivers yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

I accidentally turned the printer off during a download as I didnt realise it was downloading and I think this may or may not have caused the problem,

Sounds like you were doing a firmware update on the printer that's after killing the pcb board.
    As if it was a jam/toner/driver issue you would still be able to see it in device manager.

Secondly this is network printer can you ping it at all?

Have a look at http://tinyurl.com/yh3stdl Dell website that explains what each LED is

Error

The Print Head Device (PHD) or belt unit life is coming to an end. Clean the ADC sensor.

An error occurred.

The PHD or belt unit life is over. Clean the ADC sensor.

If it's the far right one

hey thanks for the suggestions and yeah I think it was firmware update was interrupted it seems to match.Have I killed the printer or is there way of saving it by swapping firmware chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

You will need to ring up dell and give them some bullsh1te excuse but do not tell them you where upgrading the firmware of it.

Just tell them it does not power on ect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

hey thanks for the suggestions and yeah I think it was firmware update was interrupted it seems to match.Have I killed the printer or is there way of saving it by swapping firmware chips.

have you tried a factory reset?

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19296678/19560763.aspx

btw my father actually has one of them printers. I went to set it up on home network today and was actually asked to upgrade the firmware by the Dell installation software. It crapped out halfway through (literally just cancelled itself) and started doing the same thing yours did. Luckily a simple reboot seems to have fixed it, but it really casts doubt over those Dell installers. not the first time i've had problems like that due to them. Last time i had used Dell's drivers before that, the PC would no longer recognise the audio device. still haven't been able to fix it.

hey thanks everyone for help suggestions,i fixed it with a bit of playing around with turning it on and off with door open,door closed, pressing buttons and not pressing buttons and trying to update each time,eventually worked

Advertisement