Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Add Ons

• 08-10-2009 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

Pardon me if its been discussed, cant search..

i have bill pay lite 10 and want to get either addons for internet

250mb - 4.99
    unlimited (says 10gb) - 14.99

which would be the better one?

id be using skype/fring on it and leave it in the background running with about 30-45mins talk time usage / day. (iphone + unrestrictor + backgrounder).

i was on to customer care who said you have to be on talk 400 to get the 14.99 bundle? i cant seem to see that anywhere on the meteor site.

does anyone know any more details?

ideally id like to get the 250mb and see if im going over (as skype usage is not written anywhere really on the net) and if need be,ill upgrade to the 10gb one.

thanks for replying

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you're doing a lot of Skype usage then go for unlimited IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Any plan can buy these add-ons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

so even if i get the 250mb one, i can upgrade to the unlimited with no conditions?i just want to try and see how it goes with the 250mb first. and there's no fixed period?if i decide to cancel it all after 2-3 months, that should be ok?

Yup. It's a monthly add-on - you can switch from one to the other at the end of each billing month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Just to note,

if you opt for the 250mb bundle just to see if it is enough for your needs, be very very very careful not to exceed 250mb, as meteor will then charge you over 20 euro per mb, probably the most expensive data rate in the world(home or roaming).

And don't rely on mymeteor to let you know your data usage, as its inaccurate.

Are you sure that the 10gb bundle isnt available to all?Its a shambles if it isnt, just because you are a heavy data user does not mean you use 400+minutes...silly..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,048 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Just to note,

if you opt for the 250mb bundle just to see if it is enough for your needs, be very very very careful not to exceed 250mb, as meteor will then charge you over 20 euro per mb, probably the most expensive data rate in the world(home or roaming).

And don't rely on mymeteor to let you know your data usage, as its inaccurate.

Are you sure that the 10gb bundle isnt available to all?Its a shambles if it isnt, just because you are a heavy data user does not mean you use 400+minutes...silly..
    http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/add_ons/data_add_ons/dataaddons_tandcs/
    The unlimited Mobile Internet Add-On Bundle is only available to the following Tariff Plans:

Business Edge 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 7500, 10,000;
    Talk 300, 400, 600, 800, 1000; Bill Pay Lite €10 & €30; Bill Pay Connect Plans; Bill Pay Surf and Bill Pay Max
    Eircom Corporate Plan;
    E-mail Data Only Plan; and
    EDGE datacard plan.

what about if u are on bill pay lite 25, the older bill pay lite plan?

what about if u are on bill pay lite 25, the older bill pay lite plan?

It isn't listed there, so apparently you can't go for the unlimited option.

What are the tarrifs of the 25 plan?

Is the Bill Pay Lite 30 deal not worth the extra €5?

For me it looks like a good deal, as it includes free meteor to meteor calls and texts.

If Meteor got the IPhone I'd be switching to Bill Pay Lite 30 with the €15 internet add on immediately to be honest.

On Lite 30 (now) you get the following:

200minutes.
    200texts
    Free Meteor-Meteor calls and texts
    Calls to other networks/landlines 30c
    texts to other networks/landlines 10c.
    Voicemail - free.

The calls and texts are kinda expensive, but I know for myself it would be worth it as i'd rarely go over the 200 mintues/texts to non-meteor numbers.

Don't know how it stacks up to the Old Lite 25 plan.

Just found some info here:

http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/latest_offers/billpay_lite/

is that the old plan?

100 extra minutes but seemingly no inclusive texts. calls to landlines and networks are 10c cheaper and texts 1c cheaper on the old tarrif too.

Suppose it depends how you use your phone.

On the newer tarrifs with the unlimited internet add-on you could also use Skype (for calls) and a program like Cabbage (or similar) for sending texts from your Meteor site allowance (300 texts)

bill pay lite 25 is way better!

300 any time mins, free calls and txtx to meteor, 5 euro cheaper..excellent value.

cojomo2 - ring them and ask?i guess it cant hurt, except when customer care blatantly tells u - no unlimited unless on talk 400. morons.

+ it says unlimited but in terms and conditions, this seems to be 10gb cap?

• Advertisement

bill pay lite 25 is way better!

300 any time mins, free calls and txtx to meteor, 5 euro cheaper..excellent value.

Yeah - found the info as edited above.

Seems better in some ways, but you get 200 free texts on the new BPL30 tarrif. the 10c extra for calls is a lot though.

Problem With Order

We're sorry, there was a problem with your order.

(223) Promotion is not valid

Please contact customer services on 1905 to purchase this Add-On

thats with the unlimited one. damn.

Spipov wrote: »
    Problem With Order

We're sorry, there was a problem with your order.

(223) Promotion is not valid

Please contact customer services on 1905 to purchase this Add-On

thats with the unlimited one. damn.

Is it the new Bill Pay lite or the old one (if there was one)? If it is the new one - you should be able to get it, as per my post above. It states quite clearly that the unlimited add-on is applicable for Bill Pay Lite €10 & €30.

called customer care. he tried to add it but the system refused. apparently the unlimited one isnt allowed on the bill pay lite 10. damn.

went for the 250mb. fingers crossed it wont go over!

he was puzzled as well and checked it properly, bill pay lite 10 not allowed unlimited bundle. asked if i could take it highyer up, he said he isnt aware where he could direct my call as this was a policy.

and i did mention the site but nothing he can do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

asked if i could take it highyer up, he said he isnt aware where he could direct my call as this was a policy.

and i did mention the site but nothing he can do...
    Try their online forums.

called customer care. he tried to add it but the system refused. apparently the unlimited one isnt allowed on the bill pay lite 10. damn.

Oops - apologies for the mislead.
    You can check your remaining data by texting "Data Balance" to 50104.
    If you do use this service do be warned that it looks like the date it gives is wrong. For me my data add-on is renewed on the 5th, but the reply from 50104 says
    You have 248.07 MB of data remaining, available to use until your next billing date at 26-10-09

thanks. i will

logged in, tried to post but

PLEASE NOTE, YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN BEFORE YOU CAN POST A REPLY.

i guess they are having issues with there website at the moment i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Hmmm, that's strange. You should be able to get the Unlimited plan with any BP product. I'd say what happened is that the person tried to add the Unlimited plan when you already had the 250meg one on your account.

chrislad dont think so. i hadnt signed up to anything and in the end the guy asked if i wanted to sign up for the 250mb instead...

i think the forums need activating from one of the mods before one can post, so i guess ill wait..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sml68

thinking of gettin 250mb add on for 4.99 a month, anyone know would this be enough for just general browsing of facebook and football results etc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I use the internet pretty heavily and I am yet to go over 100mb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sml68

Jonathan wrote: »
    I use the internet pretty heavily and I am yet to go over 100mb.

Cheers jonathan

I would say you'll be fine if you use Opera Mini for your browsing. I've got 60 MB left with one week to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

long_b wrote: »
    I would say you'll be fine if you use Opera Mini for your browsing. I've got 60 MB left with one week to go.
    whats difference ?
    whats the best way to use this , with 3g on or not ?

Advertisement