Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work/Live Units

Options
  • 08-10-2009 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All,

I'm interested in buying a 2 bed apartment and have found something I am very interested in, which is a 2 bed work/live unit. This is a large apartment with an office area, however technically the office area is deemed to be "commercial" as opposed to "residential". I have no need for an office area, but this is very appealing because of the extra space. I don't know much about these and was wondering if anybody has bought one or knows about them? There does not seem to be much specific information available online, specifically in terms of planning permission ie. do you need planning permission if you want to change anything as it is commericial instead of residential.

I spoke to the Bank today (already have mortgage approval) about whether is was ok to go ahead with a mortgage for something like this and the woman had never heard of them. I thought this was unusual as there do seem to be plenty of them around Dublin in Islandbridge, Beacon Court, Cosby's Yard.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You should look at the planning permission. Some of them may be meant as artists studios or the like, but other may be meant as one use or the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭gdael

I alaways thought a work/live unit just meant that one of the rooms couldnt be called a bedroom as it was too small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CurlyGirl25

No, that's not it - in this case there are two bedrooms, plus a separate "office" which is just another room, but it is extremely large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Are there commercial rates payable?

Advertisement