Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21st abroad, Berlin?

Options
  • 08-10-2009 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭

I'm thinking about bringing my friends (maybe around 10-15 of them) away on a city break for a weekend for my 21st. I plan on using the money that would have been used for a party to pay for them all to stay in a hostel and they can sort out flights and spending money.

Any ideas for good places to go?

I've been thinking about Berlin because of the fantastic nightlife... but I hear the clubs are strict and spread out which mightn't be a good idea for a big group of drunken 20somethings.

Maybe Hamburg? Or Krakow?

Anywhere with cheap flights and cheep enough beer. Advice would be appreciated... even if it is to tell me I'm nuts to plan this trip!
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Oh that is a lovely thing to do for your mates :)

Berlin is a great place. There are lots of good cocktail bars in the Mitte district, if you want to keep it girly.

Also, a nocturnal glass of champagne (OK, Sekt!) at the top of the TV tower, overlooking Berlin can be good fun too :)

Berlin is maaaaassssive, so it isn't as easy as hopping into a taxi and telling the driver to take you to a "Temple Bar" type of area. It is handier to take it by district.

Advertisement