Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

local gaa cc welcome

• 08-10-2009 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

3993891576_f769b7414a.jpg

3993128325_85948499b5.jpg

3993884654_df33fda100.jpg

3993878464_6f9c5830a1.jpg

3993114631_1ae8be679a.jpg

3993109983_74e42f8456.jpg

3993865554_037b211664.jpg

3993861746_7cc726719e.jpg

3993856656_7f16305cd4.jpg

3993805872_88937a8e38.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Some nice shots. The first 4 don't do much for me, personally, but the others are very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

As PaulW said but they are well exposed. More action with the ball in the frame would be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Some nice pics there, the only thing letting you down is the shot selection, I wouldnt post pics here that didnt include a ball unless there was something extraordinary happening, btw whats the venue and teams involved

I think one of the best things about sport photography is the oppurtunities it throws up, My local GAA club has got to the Dublin County Final and I have been taking Pictures of the last few games and its great crack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I covered the senior county final in Westmeath for my club the other weekend too. Ran out handy winners in the end :)

3994477825_dc47225f73.jpg

3995238906_78089fa28b.jpg

3983578084_ce8ac09d4a.jpg

3983581120_cddbddf422.jpg

3982812645_9ffe791830.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Nice set, is that Dessie Dolan in the second pic!

• Advertisement

Yep thats him, man of thr match performance on the day. His brother Gary was captain this year and is in the other pic with the Flanagan Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

I like no. 8 the most, the ball actually buckling when it hits the players arm is great, it just captures that split second that you wouldn't see without photography, the only thing is the players back, it could have been just the position you where in and they ndecided to turn around and you took the pic, but getting the facial expressions are crucial, which you have done captured perfectly in other pics.

Well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Have to agree nothing really in the first 4 shots. I like the rest well done. Who are the teams?

Saint_Mel Good to see Dessie Dolan back on track. Hope you had a good time in Italy or were you there yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

LeoB wrote: »
    Have to agree nothing really in the first 4 shots. I like the rest well done. Who are the teams?

Saint_Mel Good to see Dessie Dolan back on track. Hope you had a good time in Italy or were you there yet?

thanksfor all the comments agree ball has to be in the photo , the teams were annanough and clonaslee from laois:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

My version of C&C

#1 Needs at least 20% crop of the bottom, while there is no ball you will get away with it in a set if it's interesting enough and no other picture missing a ball.

#2 I like this a lot but the picture needs more space to the left I'm assuming you didn't get it so probably not a picture to be upped.

#3 Probably too far from the action.

#4 I'd only use this shot if shot directly in front of the player on his knees.

#5 While the action and crop here pleases the regular sport togs its too soft for me.

#6 While you've done nothing particularly wrong here the pic/crop is pretty meh to me.

#7 This shot needs the ball!

#8 Poor quality and you need the players faces and not their backs.

#9 I'm sure you took dozens of photos with better action going on than in this shot.

#10 Wouldn't be mad on this except one thing saves it, the Referee trying to keep up and after the Sir Alex Ferguson/Alan Wiley escapades it is def an interesting shot.

Overall you're def getting there but I would study some more of the pro 'Togs from here.

• Advertisement

LeoB wrote: »

Cheers Leo ... Yep he put away 5 points on the day. No, didnt go there yet ... 2 weeks time :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I C&C'd that with 7 pints.....can't believe I write better pissed then sober. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

I C&C'd that with 7 pints.....can't believe I write better pissed then sober. :rolleyes:

thx for your cc god help me if you had a few more pints :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You're getting good defintion etc on your action shots. But for me, they're not showing anything hugely interesting, although a few are nearly there. Maybe better composition, or framing, because I do think that you're about 95% of the way there.

Advertisement