Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scooter in kilkenny with massive sound system

Options
  • 08-10-2009 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

could you miss the scooter on high street today with the mental sound system and pretty cool tunes it has to said!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

eh... What?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 contakt23

good one !

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Yeah I was walking past the castle at the top of the parade during the week and he came belting up the road with the tunes blaring. It was a light brownish scooter if my memory serves me correct. And no it wasn't good music. It was the prodigy or some other teeny bopper pseudo-breakbeat crap. I remember wishing I had a pellet gun with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Yeah,what a legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 contakt23

Yeah I was walking past the castle at the top of the parade during the week and he came belting up the road with the tunes blaring. It was a light brownish scooter if my memory serves me correct. And no it wasn't good music. It was the prodigy or some other teeny bopper pseudo-breakbeat crap. I remember wishing I had a pellet gun with me.
    heh the prodigy are a lot of things.. teeny bopper . . dont think so, but heh!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

contakt23 wrote: »
    could you miss the scooter on high street today with the mental sound system and pretty cool tunes it has to said!

Why do I get the feeling this is your scooter or some person you are trying to suck up to?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I saw/heard it last week going passed the cinema. Looked like a cream coloured Vespa.

Wasn't sure what I was hearing.

Actually he was stopped in traffic on High St earlier and yes it is a creamy white coloured number. He must be a bit special cos the music is so loud and so so shyte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Kenzo

sorry but the prodigy aint teeny bopper or crap.

just thought i'd point that out to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Actually yes the prodigy are crap. Anyone at slane this year will agree.

• Advertisement

We are going off topic here but I feel the need to affirm. If you actually think the Prodigy are decent then you must be under the age of 20. That's grand, you have your whole life ahead of you. However if you are older It really will depress me. Liam Howlett is a forty-something millionaire living in a mansion in Essex who still thinks he is down with the kids by producing degenerative generic beats that haven't changed in over 10 years (Well they have in a way-they've got a lot worse) Why? Cos since he's wrapped himself up in this safe, grandiose environment he has become devoid of inspiration. What once was an artistic expression based on skewered, urban snippets of disenfranchised youth have become a banal series of lazy attempts at former glories cos all he probably sees now is his butler washing his ferrari through the window which is hardly inspiring. Plus the Prodigy always relied on samples and owe a lot to about a hundred other breakbeat, hardcore and electronic artists that came before them. They were hardly pioneers in their field.

And as for those clowns that dance onstage, Hahahahaha. The more I think about it the funnier it seems seeing as I used to lap it up when I was 16.

Back on topic, this is exactly the reason I don't want some insecure guy on a glorified hairdryer wrecking my head as I walk down High St...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I think fat of the land is one of the best albums ever. To bring this back on topic I'm going to say something like, oh, I haven't seen the scooter but I hope I meet him when I'm training on my push bike as he might get a humbling experience :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

The two wheeled wonder had Daftpunk banking out "Faster, Stronger, Better" down at the parade while stopped on red. It was hilarious, two guards standing over the AIB were in the stitches laughing at him. Maybe he could hire himself out to ride in front of funerals playing the deceased favorite music.
    I knew a guy who was cremated to House of Pain, "jump around".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Oh, it's only someone on a toy bike? I thought it was going to be about this lot :D

220px-Scooterband2008-6.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

Agree with most of the posts on here but have to take exception to those referring in a derogative fashion to an iconic piece of italian design. The vespa, for those of you ignorant of the facts, is a geared bike with anything from 125 to 210cc. and not some twist and go 50cc yoke. I've owned vespa's for years and at one point even had a stereo on mine (granted I was a kid at the time and it was the jam blaring out). so lets not be too hard on the kid. he's got a bit of pride in what he drives, which is more than can be said of the majority of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I have pride in what I drive. This doesn't manifest itself in noise pollution or anonamous people logging on to a regional forum to bitch about how stupid I look though.
    We are going off topic here but I feel the need to affirm. If you actually think the Prodigy are decent then you must be under the age of 20. That's grand, you have your whole life ahead of you. However if you are older It really will depress me. Liam Howlett is a forty-something millionaire living in a mansion in Essex who still thinks he is down with the kids by producing degenerative generic beats that haven't changed in over 10 years (Well they have in a way-they've got a lot worse) Why? Cos since he's wrapped himself up in this safe, grandiose environment he has become devoid of inspiration. What once was an artistic expression based on skewered, urban snippets of disenfranchised youth have become a banal series of lazy attempts at former glories cos all he probably sees now is his butler washing his ferrari through the window which is hardly inspiring. Plus the Prodigy always relied on samples and owe a lot to about a hundred other breakbeat, hardcore and electronic artists that came before them. They were hardly pioneers in their field.

And as for those clowns that dance onstage, Hahahahaha. The more I think about it the funnier it seems seeing as I used to lap it up when I was 16.
    Even though I would agree with most of what you said, I would like to point out that Liam Howlett is in his 30's, not 40's (he was about 20 when they first his success), and as an electronic artist is probably responsible for much of the course commercial electronic music in the last 15 years, and he deserves credit for that.But yes, he should get rid of those two morons and probably retire at this stage.

As for that bell-end on the scooter, why doesn't someone just mail him a link to this thread full of people who think he's a bell-end?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I don't think this was a kid as such. Looked to me like he might have been mid to late twenties.

fabbydabby wrote: »
    I have pride in what I drive. This doesn't manifest itself in noise pollution or anonamous people logging on to a regional forum to bitch about how stupid I look though.

Firstly, fabbydaddy, the word you're looking for is anonymous. I'm assuming that random group of letters you so indignantly put together was supposed spell anonymous. Secondly, although I was born and raised in our nations capital, I have resided within 4 miles of kilkenny for the last six years and have posted on this forum from time to time.
    Does this make me eligible to post on this site or do i need written proof of kilkenny lineage?
    If you read my post I said "He's got a bit of pride in what he drives, which is more than can be said of the majority of people."
    If this comment somehow makes you think I 'm bitching about how stupid you look then it seems you require a slice of self-confidence.
    Something our scooter driving friend seems to have in spades

Oh handbags at dawn!

Thanks for the spelling tip. If you need a hand learning how to use the quote function, or indeed correct use of the apostrophe, just give me a PM, OK :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Firstly, fabbydaddy, the word you're looking for is anonymous. I'm assuming that random group of letters you so indignantly put together was supposed spell anonymous. Secondly, although I was born and raised in our nations capital, I have resided within 4 miles of kilkenny for the last six years and have posted on this forum from time to time.
    Does this make me eligible to post on this site or do i need written proof of kilkenny lineage?
    If you read my post I said "He's got a bit of pride in what he drives, which is more than can be said of the majority of people."
    If this comment somehow makes you think I 'm bitching about how stupid you look then it seems you require a slice of self-confidence.
    Something our scooter driving friend seems to have in spades
    Kilkenny should start with a capital K.
    Oh handbags at dawn!

Thanks for the spelling tip. If you need a hand learning how to use the quote function, or indeed correct use of the apostrophe, just give me a PM, OK :D
    Tut tut, no full stop.

Well done we all make spelling and grammatical errors.

wrong.jpg

• Advertisement

He started it!

Ah I am bored. I wish I had better things to be doing than arguing spelling, grammar and punctuation with Vespa loving flutes online, but I don't, sadly. It passes the time. I don't have anonymous voices calling me to bed.

God, the spelling arguement is really bottom of the barrel type stuff isn't it? Is it too late to lock the thread?

He started it!

Ah I am bored. I wish I had better things to be doing than arguing spelling, grammar and punctuation with Vespa loving flutes online, but I don't, sadly. It passes the time. I don't have anonymous voices calling me to bed.

God, the spelling arguement is really bottom of the barrel type stuff isn't it? Is it too late to lock the thread?

Bored with this now..............

Hear, hear. This really is a scooter crash of a thread (sorry couldn't help myself) and I have contributed to its irrelevance so I apologise but can I just finish by saying that the subject on said vespa now scoots past my house daily with the same Daft Punk song pumping over and over. Maybe he heard me bitching about him on Boards and is getting his revenge. Either that or he is everything I have called him in previous posts.

ps. At least Daft Punk are a bit of a step up from the Prodigy. Only just though...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Even though I would agree with most of what you said, I would like to point out that Liam Howlett is in his 30's, not 40's (he was about 20 when they first his success), and as an electronic artist is probably responsible for much of the course commercial electronic music in the last 15 years, and he deserves credit for that.But yes, he should get rid of those two morons and probably retire at this stage.

As for that bell-end on the scooter, why doesn't someone just mail him a link to this thread full of people who think he's a bell-end?

I wouldn't agree with that, those morons are called "mates" and they all have each others backs - i.e. from a life/and now financial perspective. Howlett samples a lot of his stuff especially the beats(breaks) which is of course is very very common, definitely not ground breaking and responsible for what went/is going on in the electronic scene, Jilted generation was a good album and showed potential unfortunately it never materialized after this, those 2 morons(were 3)dancing around on the stage contributed a whole lot to album sales, without them 2 morons the other moron Howlett would be no where near as wealthy as he is now!!! But hey fair play to them, theyare rich and famous iam not so no complaints!

empirix wrote: »
    I wouldn't agree with that, those morons are called "mates" and they all have each others backs - i.e. from a life/and now financial perspective. Howlett samples a lot of his stuff especially the beats(breaks) which is of course is very very common, definitely not ground breaking and responsible for what went/is going on in the electronic scene, Jilted generation was a good album and showed potential unfortunately it never materialized after this, those 2 morons(were 3)dancing around on the stage contributed a whole lot to album sales, without them 2 morons the other moron Howlett would be no where near as wealthy as he is now!!! But hey fair play to them, theyare rich and famous iam not so no complaints!

Oh dear God no! I've created a monster!!! Can a moderator please close this now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

babys got a temper itt

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

Back on topic...

I think this guy is a motorised musical maverick.. (not maniac as per my other post)

Screw the begrudgers

you said it pueblo!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

kleefarr wrote: »
    I saw/heard it last week going passed the cinema. Looked like a cream coloured Vespa.

Wasn't sure what I was hearing.

Came across it during this week, nice he has a good soundsystem...now he might want to get himself a nice bike ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Maybe he has a hearing problem and needs his tunes.
    It is funny to watch people trying to figure out where the volume is coming from and then their faces when they see it's from a mo-ped (did I misspell that?).
    I've seen him exit twice from a laneway beside the blackquary service station, I think there's a business up there, I'm not sure.

Advertisement