Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scooter in kilkenny with massive sound system

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I saw this guy a few times. I thinks its funny how he has no shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

It depends whether he's being ironic or not. If he is, then it's funny. If he genuinely thinks he's the business because of this, it's a bit sad.
    mo-ped (did I misspell that?).
    No but you used it out of context. Moped is a portmanteau of the words motor and pedal, esentially a little scooter with an engine, but also pedals.

The most accurate term in this instance is fluffmobile.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I have yet to see this machine

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Really? At this stage I don't know how you could miss it. He drives past my gaf at the Parade every day at about 11 or 12 and pollutes my earholes when I'm trying to concentrate on boards work. Today it was Eminem. The bastard...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I pass the parade at 10am 9.30am everyday on my way to work, damn, just miss him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

Saw him on Sunday at the castle. I think its funny but without sounding like too much of an old fogie, he was playing Dr Dre, 2001 which is loaded with curses and there was loads of parents out with young kids.

OMG, I AM an old fogie :eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

jiggajt wrote: »
    Saw him on Sunday at the castle. I think its funny but without sounding like too much of an old fogie, he was playing Dr Dre, 2001 which is loaded with curses and there was loads of parents out with young kids.

OMG, I AM an old fogie :eek:

If the gardai wanted to they could tell him off for that

Yes but then he would bust a cap in their honky asses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Is there a noise pollution issue if someone's going around on a scooter of all things with music blaring?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Noise pollution is enforced by the borough/county council and not the Gardaí.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

Seen him on the white scooter during the tractor parade/protest the music was drowned out by the engines :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I saw pulled over on high street by a guard, when they were finished talking he moved off but without the soundtrack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 shakamone

Hi,

I realise its been several months since anyone has posted on this topic but ive just come across it and said I would Introduce.

Im shane and I drive the white vespa in question.
    fabbydabby wrote: »
    It depends whether he's being ironic or not. If he is, then it's funny. If he genuinely thinks he's the business because of this, it's a bit sad.

No but you used it out of context. Moped is a portmanteau of the words motor and pedal, esentially a little scooter with an engine, but also pedals.

The most accurate term in this instance is fluffmobile.

As far as the irony is concerned yes, it started out as a joke. I figured I would 'mod' the vespa in a modern way. It doesnt make my day but it is practical. In fact I have done my research and found nothing else online that is as practical as mine.

Im self employed ans at one stage I did use it for marketting purposes because lets be honest, it turns heads. I had also considered selling advertising space on the bike.

As far as the music I play, I do try to keep it diverse. I hadn't considered the offensive rap but i willl be keeping tabs on that in future. As far as anyone elses opinion on the music selection and whether or not the prodigy are the 'teeny boppers' choice, music is a personal opinion. Any music could be either good or bad as it is in the ear of the beholder. If someone of the age of 40 wants to listen to the prodigy because it makes them feel good then let them I say.

I appreciate all the feedback/comments/complaints. I am sorry if I offended anyone and that was never my intention. I just wanted to do something different for a laugh. You see I am a 'doer' as apposed to the more common 'talker'. I said I would do it and I did, and very well too if I might add.

To all those who think its cool, I salute you.

If I have misspelled any of the above - E & OE.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

i just have to say man i love the vespa. i love the whole sound system idea. people put sound systems in cars, to all the people complaining; why not a vespa?

Given a choice between listening to a Moped jukebox or a fartbox exhaust hanging out of the back a skangerbanger, my vote is for the Moped!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

catbear wrote: »
    Given a choice between listening to a Moped jukebox or a fartbox exhaust hanging out of the back a skangerbanger, my vote is for the Moped!

The term 'skangerbanger' has at least two possible meanings... care to clarify? :rolleyes:

I was refering to the motoring kind, I'm scared to even imagine the other meaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Were you the same guy driving that Nokia-car-thing last Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

What a pain in the arse, really annoying if you are out for a quiet walk and this asshole pulls up beside you.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Agreed,
    May I suggest that you don't mod the Moped to include any weird lights or other "boy racer" crap, its fine as it is :)

I've no problem with it as long as the music is played considerately, such as stop it at a certain time at night and not before a certain time during the morning.

• Advertisement

I was refering to the motoring kind, I'm scared to even imagine the other meaning.

FYP :D

Cabaal wrote: »
    Agreed,
    May I suggest that you don't mod the Moped to include any weird lights or other "boy racer" crap, its fine as it is :)

I've no problem with it as long as the music is played considerately, such as stop it at a certain time at night and not before a certain time during the morning.

This must be the most honest and realistic post Iv seen.

Just to note, appreciation for the preservation of the classic italian style as is, no plans to put tacky lights or anything.

Also as a reasonable measure, i dont listen to it before 11am and after 10pm.

Thanks for all the comments/complaints/confidence votes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭spikeprint

I've seen this guy driving around. Whats the difference between him and some scumbag young one playing Lady Gaga out loud on their phone in public? **** all, they both annoy me. Buy some headphones.

spikeprint wrote: »
    I've seen this guy driving around. Whats the difference between him and some scumbag young one playing Lady Gaga out loud on their phone in public? **** all, they both annoy me. Buy some headphones.

Hi. Thanks for the coment. Whats the difference between you and some scumbag young one playing Lady Gaga out loud on their phone in public?

my question makes about as much sence as yours. twat.

BTW Headphones are both illegal and dangerous as they do not allow you to hear sounds like horns and sirens. You do realise that lots of bikes have radios and soundsystems. Mine is just modified.

Get used to being annoyed my friend.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Keep the personal insults out of it please.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

shakamone wrote: »
    Hi. Thanks for the coment. Whats the difference between you and some scumbag young one playing Lady Gaga out loud on their phone in public?

my question makes about as much sence as yours. twat.

BTW Headphones are both illegal and dangerous as they do not allow you to hear sounds like horns and sirens. You do realise that lots of bikes have radios and soundsystems. Mine is just modified.

Get used to being annoyed my friend.

Headphones arnt illegal man, dangerous maybe but not illegal

kkhornet wrote: »
    Headphones arnt illegal man, dangerous maybe but not illegal

They are actually illegal. According to the local sargent anyway. most gardai arent aware of it so a blind eye is turned but they are illegal and they are most certainly dangerous.

Apologies for the insult but in all fairness, if you look up this post, I have been called a bell end, a scumbag youngone. My insult was only in responce to those.

If there are rules about insults then they should apply to everyone should they not?

A fair point, indeed.

I unreservedly retract my bell-end. That was low.

Since this thread i have a newfound appreciation of Vespas and I get what you're about now, I think, so keep on truckin.:)

fabbydabby wrote: »
    A fair point, indeed.

I unreservedly retract my bell-end. That was low.

Since this thread i have a newfound appreciation of Vespas and I get what you're about now, I think, so keep on truckin.:)

a decent gesture my friend. consider it forgotten. anyone who has an aprectiation for vespas is a friend of mine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

Congrats shakamone for replying to the nay-sayers. As a long time pusher of a broken-down Italian design classic I salute you!

Advertisement