Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scooter in kilkenny with massive sound system

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Fair play to you shakamone, dare to be different I say :)

I have to say when I seen it at first I thought it was a lil boy racer type effort, but when I did a double take it has the whole Italian Retro cool going for it :cool:

I'd love a Vespa myself but don't think there's room on the back for a babyseat :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

A lot of mopeds have compartments under the seat. It would go in there, no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

A Vespa is not a Moped:eek:
    Its a Scooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Totally. I was just testing you all, obviously.

That's not to say you couldn't shoe-horn a baby under the seat of a moped either.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭pat k

contakt23 wrote: »
    could you miss the scooter on high street today with the mental sound system and pretty cool tunes it has to said!
    yep was down town d other day and heard this boom boom behind me was expecting to see sum boy racer pass me got sum shock when i saw this space cadet pass me as far as who he is i think he is a hairdresser and works in the place on high street above elverys sports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

I saw him the other day well actualy heard him before he passed by. One sure of getting noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Totally. I was just testing you all, obviously.

That's not to say you couldn't shoe-horn a baby under the seat of a moped either.

Cracking east german version of the vespa, the IWL comes with all you need to transport a young family.
    http://motorbike-search-engine.co.uk/classic_bikes/iwl.jpg
    the stereo would need to be retro-fitted obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

This is the way a family gets around on a Honda 50 in Vietnam..
    http://i.pbase.com/o6/04/640504/1/76128858.zCJDGS4p.FourOnOneMar07.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭spikeprint

shakamone wrote: »
    Hi. Thanks for the coment. Whats the difference between you and some scumbag young one playing Lady Gaga out loud on their phone in public?

Get used to being annoyed my friend.

Eh, music doesn't come out of me? Whereas little skangers playing songs through the loudspeaker on their phones, and you, inflict music on the general public. If I don't like them doing it, I'm certainly not going to like you doing it.

I have no interest in you boosting your ego by having music coming out of your scooter, moped or whatever you like to call a seat with a little engine under it. Some people crave attention, you could try big brother. That way I can switch you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

spikeprint wrote: »
    Eh, music doesn't come out of me? Whereas little skangers playing songs through the loudspeaker on their phones, and you, inflict music on the general public. If I don't like them doing it, I'm certainly not going to like you doing it.

I have no interest in you boosting your ego by having music coming out of your scooter, moped or whatever you like to call a seat with a little engine under it. Some people crave attention, you could try big brother. That way I can switch you off.

Is there a mute button for grumpy old men on boards;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

It is a bit arrogant thinking everybody wants to listen to music that is played on the moped. load music coming from a car is contained by the cars frame so the noise is dampened but when it is played from the little bike it is for all to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I agree. I've heard and seen moped man on his travels and fail to see (or hear) the attraction myself. I don't see how playing music out loud on a moped is any different to someone walking around town with a ghetto blaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭spikeprint

Is there a mute button for grumpy old men on boards;)

Is there a mute button for white hair dryers with wheels?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

You think this lad is good? I seen a big fat hairy biker, Had the "outfit" and all and the grey beard with sunglasses and helmet, Your stereotypical biker, Sitting on his Harley in traffic outside Bank of Ireland in traffic blasting out, at full volume, All the single ladies.

I nearly fell down the steps outside the butchers with laughter.

But yeah this lad and his Vespa, I don't find it annoying because the only times I see him (Or hear him) he plays some half decent tunes but I can see how it would annoy people if they didn't like that music. But anyway your only going to see/hear him for less than a minute so why fuss about it.

Advertisement