Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

music vid shot on a 5D mk II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Bird -very nice
    Vid quality -very nice
    Band -atrocious
    Beard on lead vocalist -atrocious

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

I agree wholeheartedly. The beard is the worst bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭duffarama

and a recent Heineken advert was shot with a Panasonic GH1 and it's designed for video stepless aperture silent lens with a 5d II taking stills.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1022&message=31946992&changemode=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

http://searchingforsonny.com/trailers.htm

Trailers for what claims to be the "very first feature length movie shot on DSLRs"
    Something tells me we wont get to ever see it though judging by their website!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

that band is f*cking outrageously bad. It shouldn't be allowed

Regarding the video, it seemed a bit jumpy at times. Not sure if it was my download speed (doubt it), the camera (maybe) or the horrendous MTV-Style editing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Hugh_C wrote: »

Whatever about the song, and the beard, the video looks nice and is well composed but does nothing new. One of the nice things about most of the "I shot a vid on a DSLR" video's to date was that they were interesting, or did something different. This is standard stuff... but with added overuse of DOF. I could have done the same on my handheld Canon camcorder... if not better (it's a HFS100)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Regarding the video, it seemed a bit jumpy at times. Not sure if it was my download speed (doubt it), the camera (maybe) or the horrendous MTV-Style editing...

mine was bit jumpy too, but the quality itself was good - some day I'd like to make a video, without investing in a Video camera, nice to know the possibilities

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Nice video, but only the parts without the band :-) And different soundtrack would suit it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

thebaz wrote: »
    mine was bit jumpy too, but the quality itself was good - some day I'd like to make a video, without investing in a Video camera, nice to know the possibilities

It's the embeding of the video or the buffering of it, try let it play out then before it end jump back to the start, seemed smooth to me. Overall its nice, the video that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Bird -very nice
    Vid quality -very nice
    Band -atrocious
    Beard on lead vocalist -atrocious

I'm glad you added so much to the sum total of Human Knowledge with this post.

:p

• Advertisement

I could have done the same on my handheld Canon camcorder... if not better (it's a HFS100)

Go on, let's see something you've done with your Canon camcorder (it's a HFS100 after all).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I'm glad you added so much to the sum total of Human Knowledge with this post.

I originally had a 12 page essay in reply to your post but with Boards so slow these days I thought I'd save their bandwidth and wrap it up in a few short sharp jabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Go on, let's see something you've done with your Canon camcorder (it's a HFS100 after all).

My YT account has nothing of note on it (just using the camera to film video for events or shoryuken, etc.) but I'll upload "proper" stuff to it in a few days and show it off.

...it's all in the editing though, I'm not a very good cinematographer myself :p

...it's all in the editing though, I'm not a very good cinematographer myself :p

Editing is what I do ...

Advertisement