Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Computer Desk

• 08-10-2009 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey guys

Hoping to get some recommendations for a nice computer desk? I've had a look on Argos but cant really see anything I fancy.

Anyone know anywhere nice for some? Budget no more than €150.

Thanks in advance.

S

PS: Please move the thread if its in the wrong forum mods. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Try Woodies & Atlantic Homecare as well. They sometimes have okay stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Try some office supplies companies, like Viking direct or similar. Also consider whether you have a PC or laptop. A lot of computer desks come with a sliding shelf for a keyboard, you may not want this, I've always found it annoying as its too low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Try Woodies & Atlantic Homecare as well. They sometimes have okay stuff.

I got a desk from these guys, Great quality at amazing prices!

instore.ie

I got the ZED desk, You can pick and choose which parts of it you want, I couldn't be happier anyway, their desks are more executive than pc though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Shanio100

DigiJem wrote: »
    Try some office supplies companies, like Viking direct or similar. Also consider whether you have a PC or laptop. A lot of computer desks come with a sliding shelf for a keyboard, you may not want this, I've always found it annoying as its too low.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I completely agree with you in relation to the pull-out sliding shelf, the current desk I have has a shelf and not only is it a bit low but its now wide enough to comfortably accomodate a keyboard and reasonably sized mouse mat....

I'd be interested in something with just one level but a fairly wide top and also quite deep.

I'll check Viking Direct as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Shanio100 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies guys. I completely agree with you in relation to the pull-out sliding shelf, the current desk I have has a shelf and not only is it a bit low but its now wide enough to comfortably accomodate a keyboard and reasonably sized mouse mat....

I'd be interested in something with just one level but a fairly wide top and also quite deep.

I'll check Viking Direct as well.

If you want something like that then you may well want to look at the same one i got. I use it in a "Consultation room" This is one big ass desk! So much so it wouldn't actually fit in the room. I didn't buy the corner part in the end and just use it as a L shaped desk. Amazing quality for the price though!

http://www.instore.ie/furniture/office/desks/zed-corner-desk.html

Went around IKEA trying to find something better for the price and i couldn't

• Advertisement
Advertisement