Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlusconi loses immunity will crisis follow?

Options
  • 08-10-2009 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Okay Italy is always in a state of "chassis" to some degree but this is like a return to the old days minus mafia and a body count. Silvio has been accused of amoung other things - bribary, have sex with prostitutes and "party girls" some of whom may have been under age and issuing various threats to keep people quiet. Indeed some reckon he made his move into politics so keep out of jail as the office holder of Prime Minister cannot be or rather could not be open to prosecution. This fella makes anyone here look thoroughly upstanding as he uses his Fininvest media empire to surpress opposition and pump out pro-Berlusconi BS.

Will the tanned rogue end up in jail yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Hopefullly. To top it all off he's an ignorant little runt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I was talking to my Italian flatmate about this tonight. He is confident nothing with happen to him, and he hates the man.

It seems Italy is an utterly corrupt country. Waaaaaaaay worse than Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Its unlikely. He owns vast amounts of the media, and while he may not tell them to give him favourable coverage, theres always going to be a certain amount of 'working towards the Fuhrer'. Add to that various statutes of limitations, the fact that he is actually popular in some circles...

And I don't know about 'underage' girls - The age gap between him and some 18 year old was considered too great and didn't go down with the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Is there a virus on boards rendering people incapable of spelling loses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Take it to feedback! :p

fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Aidric wrote: »
    Is there a virus on boards rendering people incapable of spelling loses?

what? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

mike65 wrote: »
    Okay Italy is always in a state of "chassis" to some degree but this is like a return to the old days minus mafia and a body count. Silvio has been accused of amoung other things - bribary, have sex with prostitutes and "party girls" some of whom may have been under age and issuing various threats to keep people quiet. Indeed some reckon he made his move into politics so keep out of jail as the office holder of Prime Minister cannot be or rather could not be open to prosecution. This fella makes anyone here look thoroughly upstanding as he uses his Fininvest media empire to surpress opposition and pump out pro-Berlusconi BS.

Listening to Football Weekly by any chance last night? :pac:

I know a few Italians from back when I used to game a lot, and they all loathed Silvio, including the one Milan fan. All were are and will always be convinced that he will continue getting away with it forever and ever and ever.

Italy is probably the most corrupt of all the First World countries after all.

Okay Italy is always in a state of "chassis" to some degree but this is like a return to the old days minus mafia and a body count. Silvio has been accused of amoung other things - bribary, have sex with prostitutes and "party girls" some of whom may have been under age and issuing various threats to keep people quiet.

Apart from the bit I struck out, has he done anything really bad? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

realcam wrote: »
    what? :confused:

Loose Vs Lose. One of the most commen mispellings in English.

Although fittingly that dictionary gives the following meaning for 'loose':

9. lacking moral restraint or integrity;
    10. sexually promiscuous or immoral; unchaste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Euro_Kraut wrote: »

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Euro_Kraut wrote: »

Ye, I get it now. I also know about the 'lose' and 'loose' thing. I just couldn't understand what he was talking about at all.
    I thought 'Here's someone giving out about spelling, but look at his fvckin sentence for a start... ' :D

It probably would have helped had he said instead.

"Is there a virus on boards rendering people incapable of spelling the word 'lose'?"

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

I think Italian law states that if your over 70, you can't serve a jail sentence. So don't think he'll be doin any time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

I really don't know how, after all of this scandal following him around, that the majority of the Italian people still support this clown.

I know he's the only PM since WWII to hold together somewhat stable governments, but come on, this is taking the piss a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

The Saint wrote: »
    I really don't know how, after all of this scandal following him around, that the majority of the Italian people still support this clown.

I know he's the only PM since WWII to hold together somewhat stable governments, but come on, this is taking the piss a bit.

He bought his way in and it looks like he'll probably buy his way out. The only way he would ever get in sh!t is if the EU stepped in and sorted him out somehow, but i really don't see that happening.

All style no substance.

He own's over half the media and if the minority ever questions him, he threatens them. Complete corruption.

Advertisement