Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 10 Defence help

Options
  • 09-10-2009 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

Ok im getting really frustrated with fifa because my defence plays well too high up the field.My friend just keeps doing true balls past my stupid ai defence and gets simple 1 on 1 chances.I badly need advice on either how to defend or stuff in the formation setting that can help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Does anyone have any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Is your team mentality set to Normal? If it is and your having problems too far up the field then set it to defensive, or even ultra-defensive.

(D-Pad if you didnt know.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Fol20 wrote: »
    Ok im getting really frustrated with fifa because my defence plays well too high up the field.My friend just keeps doing true balls past my stupid ai defence and gets simple 1 on 1 chances.I badly need advice on either how to defend or stuff in the formation setting that can help.

Go into Custom Tatics and put your defensive pressure down to near the bottom, and don't play the offside trap. This will mean your defenders will back off more and won't rush straight up to your opponents attackers. Also play 5-3-2, maybe a defensive systen but it works if played effictively

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

You cant use custom tactics online though, you can only use custom formations.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You can use the pad though, which is decent. Defensive mode and Counter attack mode will have them sit a little deeper, and more importantly, not get caught up the pitch as much at set pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

Having similar problems meself. Consider myself to be a mediocre 09 player but am on an 11 game losing streak now in 10. Can't seem to find the balance and formation needed to be able to allow me to defend the through ball or walk through up to the goal with a couple of passes with something that allws me to score some goals. Am finding it hard even to get a decent chance on goal when I have 5 in defence and also noticing that I'm Losing by 3 or 4 goals in every game! I know I'm not that bad (at least I don't think so) to be constantly losing like this!
    If Anyone could share a decent formation and tactics that could at least point me in the right direction that would be great.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Moiph wrote: »
    You cant use custom tactics online though, you can only use custom formations.

Yea but he is playing his friend so it won't be ranked, so whatever way he edits his team offline that will transfer into Play A Friend games or Custom matches

Advertisement