Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Drogheda

Options
  • 09-10-2009 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

Heading to a gig in the Droichead Arts Centre, Drogheda on sunday. Is there handy parking near to it, I checked google earth out and the centre itself looks like it's on the main street in the town,am I right? Actually their site gives two addresses, narrow west street and stockwell street,same building on two streets? Any info appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

It's located on Stockwell Street. You have a couple of options, there is a car park right there which usually serves super valu and possibly the westcourt hotel, I am not sure though what time it closes at. There is about 2-3 allocated parking spaces on Stockwell St, mostly likely you won't get one but you never know. You got to come across Narrow West St which runs into West St to get to Stockwell Street, on West Street lies, Halifax Bank, McKenna, Post Office & Westcourt Hotel, opposite these places is loading bays during the day but at night it is perfectly fine to park there, you'd be pretty hard done by if you didn't get a spot there on Sunday night, I am only assuming its night time? At the bottom of Stockwell St is Bru Bar the road to the right runs along the river, the back of supervalu up to Dominican Church, there is parking spaces on this road too. West St opposite the post office is your best option. You then basically leave your car, walk across the road in the direction of the westcourt hotel and follow that sidewalk 20-30yards until you meet the first right next to the pedestrian crossing, down that road half-way is the arts centre.

Hope this makes sense, need anything else, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Cheers In_tuition,couldn't ask for better directions. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

dubtom wrote: »
    Cheers In_tuition,couldn't ask for better directions. :D

Cheers.

Advertisement