Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlfriends 21st

Options
  • 09-10-2009 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Im really stuck for ideas!

She loves travel but as were in college time is very tight, she also likes music and the usual fashion stc stc any 21 year old girl loves!

Can anyone help at all??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

king-stew wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Im really stuck for ideas!

She loves travel but as were in college time is very tight, she also likes music and the usual fashion stc stc any 21 year old girl loves!

Can anyone help at all??

go away for a weekend some places do deals for 2 nights b&b + 1 evening meal. buy her concert tickets or some vouchers for a clothes shop she likes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

byrner88 wrote: »
    go away for a weekend some places do deals for 2 nights b&b + 1 evening meal. buy her concert tickets or some vouchers for a clothes shop she likes
    Jeez, dont do that! I made that mistake before (with a now ex-gf lol), and was lambasted for my lack of effort

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

NO perfume and NO vouchers...

Your asking for trouble if you go those ways... Very impersonal.

If you dont have time to go away, why not take her and buy her a designer bag or purse in Brown Thomas, or your nearest alternative?
    Juicy Couture? Gucci? Can't go wrong with those two names.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

My fella bought me an ipod and had already filled it with a few of my favorite bands albums.I LOVED IT!

Those new Ipod touches are amazin. you can also get engraving and diamontes or the lark on it depending on your girlfriend

and u can NEVER go wrong with a diamond ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

What's the sense in getting her something she likes? It ain't a surprise that way. In my opinion a hot air balloon trip or something similar helicopter ride you know what I mean, if you choose either of the above or something similar beforehand you should take her on a picnic, girls adore picnics mate, find it really romantic and especially intimate, going out for a meal is a load of chite, people all around you, no real intimacy especially for a special event so find a cool place for a picnic and during the picnic let her know that in about an hour you have a surprise for her and turn up for the hot air balloon for example. You can't go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Cereal Killer

Book a weekend near Christmas in Paris. Paris/snow falling. WIN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

Definitely weekend away. Who doesn't like a weekend away in fairness. I am all for experience presents rather than objects as people can buy their own stuff but are less likely to randomly surprise themselves with a holiday. Make it really exciting and special though. Surprise her. Rope a family member/ housemate/friend in to pack a bag for her - or else just tell her to pack a bag and meet you somewhere random so that she has no idea where she is going and then you whisk her off to the airport/train station.

I have done this for people a few times and had it done for me and honestly there is nothing more exciting or romantic. I tend to take it very seriously and spend the week or two leading up to it providing clues as to what the present is going to be - but very obscure stuff that will never lead to a correct guess just to prolong the mystery.

Unless she has expressed a frustrated lifelong desire for hot air ballooning, don't do it. I found it to be the most boring waste of money ever and am still bitter about it!

Advertisement