Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help

Options
  • 09-10-2009 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi everybody, I am writing as you probably understood from the title, because I need some help to figure out my weight/fitness situation. So here is where I stand at the moment: I'm 20, about 1.75m tall and somewhere between 60 and 65 kg of weight. Over the last three months or so I have been working out, or at least trying to do so, quite intensively, as in I'd probably go to the gym around five times a week. My hope was to lose a little bit of weight from the tummy area (to be honest I realize I am quite skinny already, there's nothing much to lose) and to start building things up a little bit. Three months in, I can't say I am disappointed but I can't say I am happy either. My typical workout would look something like this: half an hour or so on the treadmill, than 20 minutes stretching/sit ups, then 20 minutes weight machines, then other 20 minutes doing free weights. I just feel that I am not getting there, my legs became a lot stronger but they kinda were already, my arms/pectorals have finally got a shape which they didn't have three months ago but at the same time I feel that's not enough. My tummy area still hasn't got anything I would call definition. I was thinking it may be due to the fact that my diet is not appropriate, I have been cutting back no food quite a lot lately, avoiding carbs, eating meat once a day and filling myself in with fruit and vegs, nothing very substantial though. I was even thinking of getting proteins, although I don't know whether that's recommendable or not. It seems like they are a good idea (?). I am just at the point where I feel that if I don't get new motivation soon enough I will drop out. Hope this wasn't too long to read and that somebody may have a piece of advice. Thanks!

Advertisement