Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost passport with visa's inside?

• 09-10-2009 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi all!

Not long before i head off around the world travelling. Just want to pre-empt disaster situation - i.e. on the off chance i lose my passport with visas for about 4 or 5 foreign countires in it??

What does one do?

I intend having photocopies of all the visa's. Would this be acceptable at the border of different countries?

Any advice appreciated, want to be prepared just in case!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I would very much doubt that a photocopy would suffice for most borders.

Your best bet is to look after your passport!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭juanace

Your best bet is to look after your passport!

I intend too, but recently I've been losing things more frequently than I should!!:( So was trying to have a back-up plan ready!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Keep your passport in one specific place and only ever use it when crossing borders or in airports. I assume the visas are for asia and it isn't law to carry your passport with you. a photocopy will do if you really wanted to have ID on you at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

"I intend having photocopies of all the visa's. Would this be acceptable at the border of different countries?"

Is your visas stamped on the passport or are they the new electronic ones where your information is in a database? If this is the case and you lose your passport then you may need to inform the visa crowds because the information is linked to your passport number, if that makes sense.

You lose your passport and you get a new one, you get a new passport number that won't match with your old passport number on the visa database.

Sorry if I'm way off track - just a thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Scan all important info such as visas and passport and health care info onto a computer. Now send these as an attachment to your email. Now forever more they will be there, do not delete by accident of course. So if you really end up the proverbial creek you just need to get to a computer and access your email and you can open and print off these things. Maybe copies of tickets or other stuff too like phone numbers too. You should never be too far away from the internet I hope.

• Advertisement
Advertisement