Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodies selling gun safes..

Options
  • 09-10-2009 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

I saw nicely priced gun safes in Woodies. Yes Woodies. 8 place rack with seperate internal lockable compartment. 250 euro. Just passing it on..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

I heard that before about a year ago but when i went in the lady said they never had them. Dont think she knew what i was on about. What make are they timelord and would they keep they keep the boys in blue happy? Thinking of upgrading for more space

• Registered Users Posts: 39,358 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Obviously make sure you double check relevant stadards

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

"ROK" is the only sticker or name on it. I threw out the box. I honestly dont know what standard it conforms to. I have a small one also I bought from a gun dealer and they share most features, hidden hinges, internal locks, no handels etc.
    The staff at Woodies didnt know they had them bar the manager and one alert floor member. As became apparent when i sought a key to look inside one. Its a definate two man lift if you go to purchase one. They are not as well finished as the 6, 700 euro ones but it does deliver a lot for
    250 euro.
    The brother is a copper and he was well impressed with it. "You could get a small child into that" he said laughing.
    It has one key hole. Three one and a 1/2 inch bars go laterally and then on another turn of the key another bar locks up and one down. 5 bar fixing lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

What branch of Woodies?
    They were selling them about two years ago, but not all branches had safes suitable for rifles - some were just the small keypad lock safes, maybe suitable for pistol.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

woodies mullingar, had about 5-6 two weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

I bought one from woodies a year ago, 5 gun safe, very heavy even without the guns inside. 5 bar locking bolts.
    Pretty good safe, much better than the british 3 gun safe I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

I bought a 14 gun safe in woodies in Naas about a 18 months ago foe 299euro.

six point locking, key pad and turn key.

i dunno what make it is or anything, but the crime prevention officer saw it and said the it was very good

Advertisement