Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Square root sign?

• 09-10-2009 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Heya

I found on Yahoo answers how to get the square root sign but I'm wondering if the paste function will remember it for next time?

Or will I have to go the character map each time?

I'm on microsoft xp

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

As long as you don't copy or cut anything else or power off the machine in between uses, it should remember it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

When you highlight the sign in character map, there should be a code displayed at the bottom of Character Map. If you're using a desktop with a keyboard and numpad rather than a laptop, you can use the code to enter the sign each time.

Another option is to install a keyboard mapper and set it to input the sign when a combination of keys is pressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

If you look at the bottm of the character map there will be the alt+xxxx shotcut to get it usually. Not having clue what the square root symbol looks like anymore i cant find it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

I googled for the ascii code for the square root symbol and first link suggest Alt+251:

√ - It works :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

I'm using a laptop and I don't have a numpad, so it doesn't work for me. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

Look closely at your keyboard keys. There should be small numbers on keys towards the RHS. A function key normally enables these as numpad keys.

Advertisement