Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glanmire- a few questions

Options
  • 09-10-2009 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've a few questions about Glanmire-

- what buses go to and from the city from here?
    - is there any gym in or close to Glanmire?
    - is there any evening classes on in Glanmire, and in what part?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

There is a gym in Silversprings hotel. ALso not too far from Leisureworld, Churchfield. There might be one in Vienna Woods I don't know for sure.
    There are night courses on in Glanmire Community College.
    Don't know about the bus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

kaji wrote: »
    Hi, I've a few questions about Glanmire-

- what buses go to and from the city from here?
    - is there any gym in or close to Glanmire?
    - is there any evening classes on in Glanmire, and in what part?

Thanks!

Sarsfields Court bus & Knockraha bus go into the City from there . There is a new gym supposed to open at Sarsfields Court Cross shortly where the wavin depot used to be. Silversprings is nearest after that
    Evening classes are in the community college in Glanmire (its outside Riverstown at Brooklodge) or at the Irish College Coláiste an Phiarsaigh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

I remember when I was working in sallybrook 3 years ago the buses after 4pm where every hour, cost around €15 for a weekly ticket

better if your closer to knockraha or riverstown

silversprings gym is very expensive - leisure world is a lot cheaper and more modern

the one thing they share in common though is unless your driving your going to find it very hard to get to either without paying for taxis

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Thanks guys, never thought of a commuter ticket, good idea. The bus the last day cost me €3 something- i thought it would be the city centre price, since i was only going into the city, about 10 min journey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭johncm

you could also use the gym in mayfield its onto the swimming pool. Its only up the hill from glanmire. Mayfiled school used to do night classes but not too sure if they still do

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

johncm wrote: »
    you could also use the gym in mayfield

Have you been to that gym johncm? Compared to somewhere like Lesuireworld Churchfield it's a kip, I head up to Churchfield everyday and it's well worth the extra few min's in the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭johncm

cork45 wrote: »
    Have you been to that gym johncm? Compared to somewhere like Lesuireworld Churchfield it's a kip, I head up to Churchfield everyday and it's well worth the extra few min's in the car.

i haven't i use the swimming pool up there but decided to say it in case they want to head up and try it out.

Advertisement