Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saboteur - Irishman in Paris

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Thats one of the worst irish accents ive ever seen :eek:. Almost as bad as the Irish gun runners in Sons of Anarchy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Shnitszer

Nein! Nein! Mine ears are hurting!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Despite the atrocious accent, I'm quite keen on seeing how this game turns out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

worst accent ever, but the game itself is definitely promising

we interviewed lead developer tom french for the next issue of click recently actually

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Ive been interested in the game as it displays a part of WW2 that has rarely (if ever) touched on in the German occupation of France and not just "D-Day onwards" like 99.9999999999% of WW2 games.

What I am unsure of is the colours of the game, i think it looks great in the black and white, very distinct.....but when colour is added it just seems like any old GTA clone but set in WW2.

Maybe a rental for me.

And yes, the accent makes me want to stab sharp implements into my ears, but thats what most other countries think we all sound like, if they put a proper Irish accent in everyone would be confused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    And yes, the accent makes me want to stab sharp implements into my ears, but thats what most other countries think we all sound like, if they put a proper Irish accent in everyone would be confused.

Would prob think the character was scottish :rolleyes:

The game looks good enough craic might be a rental job here too or wait until the price drops a fair bit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

But there's naked wimmens! It has to be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

this looks promising the accent is cat.dont no how it hold up tho with the all the games that come out around xmass

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

It looks pretty shit to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Looks like the kind of game that makes watching paint dry seem nailbiting. WW2 has been done a million times at this stage, please stop flogging a dead horse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The flogging molly song got me :D

"In for a penny in for a ****in pound" classic nearly as bad as the boondock saints 2 trailer

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

wow...

that accent is almost as bad as Julia Roberts!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Looks like an Inglourious Basterds type cash in to me.
    Might very well turn out to be a bit of fun. The colour cutout style alone makes in an interesting one to keep an eye on as a game mechanic.

More here:
    http://www.destructoid.com/watch-the-saboteur-s-devlin-do-things-in-recent-vids-151529.phtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

The accent... it's so horrendous. Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

my ears.....the earmuffs....they do nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

The lad doing the accent is pure cockney, and the resulting "Irish" accent is awful. Why can't they ever recruit an Irish person to do an Irish accent???

Game looks interesting all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    The lad doing the accent is pure cockney, and the resulting "Irish" accent is awful. Why can't they ever recruit an Irish person to do an Irish accent???

Game looks interesting all the same.

I was just thinking the same why not just use an irish man there is millions of us FFS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

The Irish dude they had in Bioshock was spot on. Why didnt they get him!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Would I be right saying saying that the guy who played Jack
    Frank Fontaine
    in Bioshock wasn't even Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The guy in Bioshock was spot on, and yes it caused a load of Americans to give out about an unauthentic Irish accent. The accent in the Saboteur is what they think we sound like, and we're stuck with that now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Helix wrote: »
    worst accent ever, but the game itself is definitely promising

we interviewed lead developer tom french for the next issue of click recently actually
    Ah. He wanted to make a game about himself so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

The guy in Bioshock was spot on, and yes it caused a load of Americans to give out about an unauthentic Irish accent. The accent in the Saboteur is what they think we sound like, and we're stuck with that now.

Really? They didn't think the accent in Bioshock was good, and think we all sound like this!

My god. I think i'm going to be sick....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Wasn't that guy in Dreamfall too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Oh I dunno if I'd be able to play that game with that accent in fairness. I thought the game looked great a few months back but that trailer leaves me feeling uninspired. I'll keep an eye out for reviews but it's slipped down the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Pretty much this.

Its the same for films. If they don't put on the paddy accent the Americans wont know the character is supposed to be Irish (apparently). There's plenty of films and tv shows where Irish people play Irish parts but are made put on the paddy accent.

Its the same for alot of countries though. I'm sure there's lots of English accents that people would not know to be English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Couldn't play that game with the accent. The In for a pound bit was the worst voice acting I've ever heard including Cruise and Roberts. Having said that the graphics looks interesting with the black and white being lit up by explosions and gunfire. Looks like a bit of a Mafia clone which is no bad thing

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Sure it will be grand

Urrrgh. I started playing this yesterday and after 30 minutes I had to quit. Tried playing again today and just couldn't bear it.

THE ACCENT IS SO BAD THAT I LITERALLY CANNOT PLAY THE GAME :(

It is really that difficult to find native Irish voice actors?

Time for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Zombie thread returns to eat your braaaaaaaaainssss

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Zombie thread is high on LSD. Shoot it in the back!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Rest zombie thread. Be at peeaaacccceee.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement