Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C++ Runtime library error

• 09-10-2009 2:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey all

Sorry if this is in the wrong place ... wasn't sure where to post.

Got my pc back from repair today so all the latest updates are installed etc but went to blogtalkradio to listen to a show and got the following message

C++ Runtime library error C:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe

I've googled but any c++ error seemed to be related to office rather than IE. It only happens when i connect to blogtalkradio and shuts down! Any suggestions? I cleared temp internet files etc but no joy. Help please

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

I'm assuming that you've cleared out the cache, cookies and all that stuff. Are there any toolbars running that could be causing this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭blondeambition

Thanks for the reply

Yes all that stuff is cleared. I uninstalled both the msn and google toolbars last night. Its a mystery it seems = altho i remember having this same problem before and had to download something but i cant remember what. Somebody suggested it was ccleaner but it wasnt this i used before. What is ccleaner anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Thanks for the reply

Yes all that stuff is cleared. I uninstalled both the msn and google toolbars last night. Its a mystery it seems = altho i remember having this same problem before and had to download something but i cant remember what. Somebody suggested it was ccleaner but it wasnt this i used before. What is ccleaner anyway?

CCleaner is a cleanup program,download and try it out.it can do all sorts of cleaning on your system.Including registry errors which might be causing this problem

Deano12345 wrote: »
    CCleaner is a cleanup program,download and try it out.it can do all sorts of cleaning on your system.Including registry errors which might be causing this problem

Do i just uninstall it then after its done?

Do i just uninstall it then after its done?

If you want,although I'd keep on your computer to keep it running smooth

• Advertisement

If you want,although I'd keep on your computer to keep it running smooth

Just wondering as i had spybot on a different computer (for different problem) and it sooooowed the system down completely

Just wondering as i had spybot on a different computer (for different problem) and it sooooowed the system down completely

It wont slow it down at all,it doesn't constantly run like an anti-virus

It wont slow it down at all,it doesn't constantly run like an anti-virus

Great ! It worked - i d/l'ed it, hit run cleaner and can hear again!!! Altho the volume is a bit off ... hope thats that sorted, volume is fine for youtube etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,932 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

id go ahead and check for plugin updates for your web browser and for your codecs: k-lite codec pack is an easy installer for that.

ccleaner is a tool kinda like the disk cleanup wizard - it doesnt run until you tell it to. like paint. or solitaire. but its wayyy better than solitaire well not really soli rulez.

Overheal wrote: »
    id go ahead and check for plugin updates for your web browser and for your codecs: k-lite codec pack is an easy installer for that.

ccleaner is a tool kinda like the disk cleanup wizard - it doesnt run until you tell it to. like paint. or solitaire. but its wayyy better than solitaire well not really soli rulez.

Paint.The most super-awesome program ever

OT : Glad it worked for you :D

• Advertisement

Thanx for all the help guys :D:D

Advertisement