Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad question

• 09-10-2009 3:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Is there any way that you can get accepted into a post grad course without having a minimum of a 2.2 honours degree?

I messed up my final year project a few years ago in DCU and I just got a pass degree. What can I do to get an honours one? Surely you don't have to do a whole new course?

Any info much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭dazzday

First off what area are you looking into? Whats your degree, work experience etc?
    Many of the higher diploma couses will accept a pass degree and can be excellent stepping stones to do a Masters etc.
    Any work experience you have can count strongly towards an application..I know of a person who got a pass degree in a science-related areas, worked 3-odd years in industry and is now back doing a Phd.
    Apply for anything that interests you regardless of "minimum requirements", and ensure you put across your motivation and desire for the subject area. You will be suprised at the response you may get.

Advertisement