Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

U21's tonight

• 09-10-2009 8:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

will it be a pay at the gate????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭rovingrover

Tickets on sale at the Umbro store in Tallaght but you'll have no probloem getting in tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

Tickets on sale at the Umbro store in Tallaght but you'll have no probloem getting in tonight.
    thanks mate :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

1:1 was it

why doesn't Don Givens ever f**k off! he's achieved nothing in how many years???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dogpile wrote: »
    1:1 was it

why doesn't Don Givens ever f**k off! he's achieved nothing in how many years???

hes actually irelands worst ever manager.

you left a game early :confused:

Why do people do that :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Traffic for the most part. I understand it but I'm of the opinion you should get full value for your money and stay to the end. I guess its a stay til the bitter end no matter what thing as well.

Fantastic for Man Utd supporters at home though who do stick it out - Old Trafford: Pay for 90mins and get 6mins EXTRA FREE! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,835 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Very poor from the manager, took off Seamus Coleman (I think, the right-back anyway) and probably the best Irish player on the night, with 5 mins to go, to hand a debut to Cian Hughton who was caught out of position badly for the Georgian goal, and beaten another couple of times for another few chances. Why would you bring on a completely untried defender for the last few minutes of a qualifier you're 1-0 up in? Left Cillian Sheridan up front on his own for most of the game as well, got very little support from the three man midfield, he was obviously absolutely wrecked by the end of it

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

The Don just gave up on qualification on tv after 4 games......useless cant why does he bother :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

It has to be worrying for he future of Irish football our continual lack of success at underage levels over the past decade. I mean it's easy to blame the manager but there simply isn't anyway near enough young talent coming through anymore! I'm not looking forward to when our current senior crop of players retire because I can see us plummet way down the European rankings and not even be able to compete for major championship qualification!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Rekop dog wrote: »
    It has to be worrying for he future of Irish football our continual lack of success at underage levels over the past decade. I mean it's easy to blame the manager but there simply isn't anyway near enough young talent coming through anymore! I'm not looking forward to when our current senior crop of players retire because I can see us plummet way down the European rankings and not even be able to compete for major championship qualification!

Can see us using the granny rule much more again once our main players retire etc..

Although I have heard from reports and few lads I know who go to these games is that Ireland have been the better team on many of these games but they just cant put the ball in the net. They should beat Georgia 5-0 by all accounts the other night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Can see us using the granny rule much more again once our main players retire etc..

Ha, I was thinking the same thing!

There's such a noticeable difference in the amount of kids playing the game now though. I'm 22 and when I was young every kid used to be out on the streets from early morning until it got dark and we where always playing some sort of sport usually football. This is far from the case today- its rare to even see kids playing football on a nice summers day not to mind the rainy cold winter days we used to play on.

I think the growing popularity of computer games and the economic up turn in the mid to late ninties was the ruination of Irish football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Ha, I was thinking the same thing!

There's such a noticeable difference in the amount of kids playing the game now though. I'm 22 and when I was young every kid used to be out on the streets from early morning until it got dark and we where always playing some sort of sport usually football. This is far from the case today- its rare to even see kids playing football on a nice summers day not to mind the rainy cold winter days we used to play on.

I think the growing popularity of computer games and the economic up turn in the mid to late ninties was the ruination of Irish football.

Yes I agree with that alright.

I even see that with my young brother and his mates.

They do play out garden etc but there now more inclined to spend half as much time with Playstation3 playing FIFA 2009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I suppose that kind of goes with Eamon Dunphys saying that "Poverty creates good footballers". This is now a wealthy country and kids have more options in how to keep themselves entertained.

Anyone know if Kevin Long played?

Just to add "normally" the national team manager picks the u21 manager but the FAI removed this from traps contract and stuck with them picking him or leaving him whichever.

Now that trap is here longer wonder if that changed.

Advertisement