Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guy rapping in front of jervis centre on henry st

Options
  • 09-10-2009 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭

noticed him there a few evenings. No speaker but overheard a bit:
    '...don't have an occupation, smokin johnny blues and lotsa masturbation...'

gas :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Haven't seen someone rapping in town in about two years, last one I saw was a rough looking thin dude. He rapped in a strong Dublin accent. Pretty brave if you ask me, he wasn't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

lightening wrote: »
    Haven't seen someone rapping in town in about two years, last one I saw was a rough looking thin dude. He rapped in a strong Dublin accent. Pretty brave if you ask me, he wasn't bad.

sounds like the same bloke

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

there used to be a crazy 50 something year old man that sang on Grafton st, he would sing Jackson 5 songs and stuff like that. He was absolutely brilliant, but i only saw him a few times. I remember the crowds around him were so big once that the Garda stopped him and everyone started booing them and throwing coins at them. Never saw him since though.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Nu-Centz

I MC myself... (check out nu-centz - memories of you, on youtube (plug plug!) ..have come across this bloke a few times over the years, quite sure your refering to Tom, he was locked up for a good while, seems to have quite the appetite for heroin as well!..was in a group called 'Man and the Machine', a beat boxer (the machine!)..and himself..

the only times i have seen him is attempting to busk in town.. never playing a gig..altho im sure he has..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yeah he has lovely lyrics such as the one above and "I'm a crook and I don't give a fúck".

Think he's hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I'd love to set up a fund for a charity- a deadly serious charity that would pay for these people to be sent to LA to 'make it big'. I'd arrange a one way ticket and bus transfer from LAX to Compton. Thats it. That's all I would do. I'd leave them there. And see how long these jokers would last with their Brothas' over there.

The family would have to pay for their gunshot riddled carcasses to be brought back, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

Stood around for a while looking him up.

He sang (along these lines):

"I'm a mother and a fuc ker and I don't give a sh it,
    My mother says I'm lazy but I think she's a bitch.
    My girlfriend is a fat heap of crap,
    That's one of the main reasons why I made this rap.

I lick me hole daily - rub with a bit of sperm,
    I couldn't give a fu ck what you heard.
    My Daddy is a bastard and he smells real bad
    I'd shag him if I could but he's already been had".

Classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 lo2009

omg i see him all the time, he looks very junky-ish, always wears a ben sherman shirt and a jumper tied around his waist..

i don't know why anyone would stop to listen to him since there are always several questionable looking characters standing nearby(probably his friends)..i wouldn't be surprised if they do be pickin pockets while he's rapping..

to the above person..are those really his lyrics?if so i think i'm gona be sick ugh gross..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

lo2009 wrote: »
    are those really his lyrics?

Yea. Well not exactly word for word but that the general idea.

always wears a ben sherman shirt and a jumper tied around his waist..

Oh Gawd, thot's owfull. :D

I think that's cool, he wears what he likes, what would you prefer he wore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭MikeyCdublin

Ye hes from ballymun

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

That's Mary Street, actually.

/pedantic mode

I've two viewpoints on the buskers - theyre nice entertainment etc and theyres some indians with their feathers and drums etc etc that sem to be regulars, which is kida cool. But I work on that street (further up on technically Henry St) in a shop where policy dictates the non-automatic door must be kept open and when a busker sets up an amp outside it ain't long before you start wanting to take lives. Especially the ones that can't sing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    there used to be a crazy 50 something year old man that sang on Grafton st, he would sing Jackson 5 songs and stuff like that. He was absolutely brilliant, but i only saw him a few times. I remember the crowds around him were so big once that the Garda stopped him and everyone started booing them and throwing coins at them. Never saw him since though.

he died recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Yeah he had a group called man and the machine with a beat boxer.

Saw him there myself on henry st on Thurs.
    Sad to see how downhill he has gone over the years.

I used to like him at one stage. Have a cd of theirs lying around somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Me: "Guy fapping in front of Jervis centre on Henry Street"

Upon realising: :( bitterly disappointed

The native American dudes are awful. More electronics than a Justice gig along with (wait for it) pan pipes... :eek::eek::eek: I'm gonna dress up as General Custer and scare them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

any pics or vids of this guy????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Rats?

spin.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

omg i see him all the time, he looks very junky-ish, always wears a ben sherman shirt and a jumper tied around his waist..

i don't know why anyone would stop to listen to him since there are always several questionable looking characters standing nearby(probably his friends)..i wouldn't be surprised if they do be pickin pockets while he's rapping..

to the above person..are those really his lyrics?if so i think i'm gona be sick ugh gross..

You sound quite snobbish there Mrs Perfect. Ever spoken to a "junkie"? Usually nice people if you actually give them time, not everyone of them is out to pickpocket and stab you with their aids infected syringe.

Seen him before, thought it was funny at first but his lyrics some times can actually be pretty meaningful.

Advertisement