Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Max Gear Kit Bag

• 09-10-2009 10:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭

Just a wee bit about this kit bag - might be of use to someone who like me may have been moving their kit around in a reusable grocery bag or back pack when travelling to events etc. Well this was me for a while anyway - and while it was grand for getting my stuff from A to B it was a bit of a mess TBH.

So I picked up one of THESE .

j8k6ci.jpg

And for 25 quid it's pretty good value!

There's four sections in it:

One for your shoes

155115k.jpg

Decent sized with room for huge shoes (mine are size 45/10.5 and are swimming in it). Has removable hard sides to allow the bag to collapse flat if needed and the whole thing is as the manufacturer describes wipe down so that if you just fling the shoes in there after a wet or muddy ride it really is a quick job to clean the bag up when you get home.

One for your kit

rhtkbs.jpg

This has one full set of dry and one full set of wet weather kit, leg and arm warmers, two pairs of gloves and socks in it and there's still a bit of space left to fill in it.

There's a big top pocket for the crasher and for stowing your post cycle change of clothes (and flash reflecting free luas high-viz :P).

34ovp5u.jpg

The website describes this as 'soft fleece lined' but unless you pack a fleecy jumper in your post ride change of clothes thats as close as it gets - not that it affects the performance of the bag in the slightest - but worth noting.

Finally there's a semi padded front pocket.

315il4p.jpg

This has space for a bottle which is held by an elastic strap (you can fit 2-3 more in the top compartment if you want). It has a a few other little storage areas but it's ideal for stashing a few spare tubes, your Nuun's, energy gels etc along with the suggested race licence and the bits'n'pieces you don't want to take with you on the bike (wallet, keys etc).

I haven't had it long enough to say how well it's gonna wear over time but it doesn't feel like a cheaply assembled product - the materials used seem good and stitching holding it all together seems equally high quality.

In anycase - for e25 I'd recommend it to anyone looking to buy a kit bag and not wanting to pony up big bucks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Nice, but with delivery to Ireland it's £37.98, which is €41.11, not €25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Hang on I've a discount code somewhere here....

Found it

[FONT=&quot]BCMAX20[/FONT] - 20% off and free shipping to Ireland

Edit: Sh1te - ran out on the 30th, I'll see if I can find a new one

CheGuedara wrote: »
    Found it

[FONT=&quot]BCMAX20[/FONT] - 20% off and free shipping to Ireland

Edit: Sh1te - ran out on the 30th, I'll see if I can find a new one

It gave me free delivery, but no discount. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

Hey Che, this bag looks good. I take a laptop to work, my lunch and my cycling kit (for lunchtime spins), all in separate bags which is a real pain in the arse! What size is the shoe compartment? because if I can fit my laptop in, then I could just take the one bag!

• Advertisement

Hey Signal_rabbit.

Just tried fitting in a 15.4in laptop and it'll go in to the bottom compartment but not sitting flat - if you had something to pad it with it would be ok. Think the width & height is grand but the depth (f-b) is a bit short.If you stowed it in the upper helmet compartment that would do fine for sure.

Don't know if you mean to cycle in to work and then go for a spin and the bag does have a shoulder strap but it's a pretty big bag and not sure how easy it would be to cycle with

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

I won't be cycling with it just taking it in the car to work, I'm just trying to eliminate taking three bags. My lap top is quite big, it measures 16 X 11 X 2 so it sounds like i could squeeze it in somewhere. Cheers.

Just quickly ressurecting this old thread to touch base with this product closer to a year since getting it.

Well this bag has been lugged all over the country for the last 11 months (is that why they call it 'luggage'?): it's been all around Munster, travelled from Cork to Sligo, in and out of cars at events in Clare and Waterford, in Navan and Meath and after all that and more it's really hard to fault it.

In spite of all the moving around, un packing, repacking etc it's done a great job - no tears, no zips bursting (and I've packed it to it's limit over the year!) and I never found wanting for space.

I'm going to have to give this product five stars *****.

It does exactly what it says on the tin, no questions asked and for the travelling cyclist it's great value for the 29.99GBP asking price

Just in case anyone asks, I've no affiliation to MaxGear at all, just want to share my review of a product that I found great

I like mine too, thanks Che for the tip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

+ 1 on the 5 star rating..... its the business... its like a filing cabinet for your cycling clobber....:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement