Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You have to use the right element against the right enemy.
    Electricity is useless against Skaggs, but great against the shields of the Crimson Lance.
    Acid is great against Skaggs, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ballybay_eh

Just about to start the game. Any recommendations on the best (most fun) character to choose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Just about to start the game. Any recommendations on the best (most fun) character to choose?

Lilith was my fave by far, followed by Brick then the hunter. Soldier is one of the worst ones to pick imo unless you're going to be playing it in coop all the time (he's more of a support class)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I played as the soldier and never once played coop, guess he just suited my style of play. I usually pick the barbarian type class in Diablo etc but didn't fancy "brick" in borderlands at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Sorry to bump the aul Necro thread but anyone buying the Secret Armory of General Knox DLC? Out today, wanna know how people are finding it? I'm downloading it now. Absolutely in love with this game, 1 trophy off platting it :D Bought Dr. Neds Zombie Island today too and thought that was great craic.

• Advertisement

20 days old is hardly a necro thread. :)

I got it a few days ago, and it looks great. Apparently adds 10+ hours to the game, so its great value. I started it with my Level 50 hunter and got my arse kicked in the first 10 minutes, so it'll be a challenge too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

It certainly looks the most interesting of the DLC so far. Mad Moxxie always seemed like terrible content.

Mr E wrote: »
    20 days old is hardly a necro thread. :)

I got it a few days ago, and it looks great. Apparently adds 10+ hours to the game, so its great value. I started it with my Level 50 hunter and got my arse kicked in the first 10 minutes, so it'll be a challenge too.

Started with my level 50 siren and totally spanked the
    assassins
    on the first mission. Did you select playthrough 1 or 2? (went for 1 myself, so maybe I should've gone for 2)

Seems good so far anyway, definitely looks like it'll make up for the last massively disappointing DLC, but that wouldn't be too hard... (I bought Moxxxi in good faith, as I didn't believe that Gearbox could have put a foot wrong after the fantastic zombie island)

I started on walkthrough 2, tman. My guns were barely denting the main assassin. Might go on a gun hunt in the main game - I found out recently about well hidden "developer" gun chests that have a high probability of orange weapons, so I might see what I can find.

I'm just doing it on playthrough 1 atm. Only level 43 so finding it pretty easy so far! Scooters had me in bits laughing a few times already, love him :D

• Advertisement

Got the plat for it today. Beat the DLC the other day, twas quite enjoyable, but I can't be arsed doing the last few missions cos of the lack of fast travel. Takes far too long to get from, say, T-bone junction to Sunken Sea, and the journeys just far too dull and repetative. Wheres fast travel ffs? My only gripe with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Got it (knoxx) a few days ago myself but still have to play any of it. Have to level my Roland up a bit :/ and find a better weapon! I've got through most of the last 1/4 of the first playthrough and nearly 1/2 of the second with the same 4x fire smg. The rapid fire coupled with the good dot have ment I have found not equal yet. The revolvers are decent but 3 or 4 shots and a reload.. meh. Hail of fire bullets ftw!

Kersmash wrote: »
    Got the plat for it today. Beat the DLC the other day, twas quite enjoyable, but I can't be arsed doing the last few missions cos of the lack of fast travel. Takes far too long to get from, say, T-bone junction to Sunken Sea, and the journeys just far too dull and repetative. Wheres fast travel ffs? My only gripe with it.

That's really pissing me off at the moment as well... It didn't really matter with Jacob's cove due to the relatively small size of the place, but in Knoxx it starts to annoy... Great dlc apart from that though!
    Shame they couldn't add a couple of digits on to your money counter as well, mine has been at 999999999 for ages now, and doesn't drop if I buy stuff :p

Be sure to get the trophy/achievement at the worlds largest bullet if you have that much cash to spare. Theres a house outside the worlds largest bullet with a little box for cash. Activate that and it takes between 7 and 9 million off ya, but you get a fancy trophy :D

I'll have to give that a try later
    Bought a level 59 gun earlier and my cash dropped to 6000000 (can't remember how many zeros...), but then went back to the max as soon as I cleared the trash out of my inventory. Getting some seriously sweet drops so far!:D

Yeah, my main sniper is ridiculously powerful, love it :D

I started this last night, and I'm not sure how to play it. If I start on Playthrough 2 (Level 50), enemies seem overpowered and very tough, but if I start on Playthrough 1 (still level 50), enemies seems to be on level 37-ish, and missions are trivial difficulty.

Maybe now that the cap is removed, I should go back and finish playthrough 2 of the main game to level up a few more levels. I stopped around the Rakk Hive when I hit level 50.

I started this last night, and I'm not sure how to play it. If I start on Playthrough 2 (Level 50), enemies seem overpowered and very tough, but if I start on Playthrough 1 (still level 50), enemies seems to be on level 37-ish, and missions are trivial difficulty.

Maybe now that the cap is removed, I should go back and finish playthrough 2 of the main game to level up a few more levels. I stopped around the Rakk Hive when I hit level 50.

I had the same problem and just continued playthrough 2 of the main game until I hit 52, then started the DLC. The difficulty level seems a lot more manageable then.
    Be sure to get yourself a decent corrosive gun for the lance troopers/assassins as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Nice to see boardsies talking about this :)

Has anyone got any of the pearlescent weapons yet? Or the new classmods or shields?

I'm on Xbox360... we should organise a Crawmerax raid. In fact, we could also consider a few posts offering to swap weapons and classmods. I've some amazing stuff that I'll never use?!

Lv56 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I have one pearlescent weapon, a pistol, from my first playthrough (not got the new DLC yet (probably what you're on about):o). Can't remember what the name is but its not actually that good. Much prefer my acid spitting revolver:D

One another note, Take-Two has confirmed that there will be more DLC to come:)

more Borderlands DLC confirmed

• Advertisement

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I have one pearlescent weapon, a pistol, from my first playthrough (not got the new DLC yet (probably what you're on about):o). Can't remember what the name is but its not actually that good. Much prefer my acid spitting revolver:D

One another note, Take-Two has confirmed that there will be more DLC to come:)

more Borderlands DLC confirmed

The only real pearlescent weapons are in General Knoxx. I remember I had a thanatos repeater (formerly 'pearlescent') that was changed to dark orange when the update hit.

If that acid spitting revolver you're talking about is the pestilent defiler... I have 2 of them, and they are invaluable against the lance! Best gun I have :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

The only real pearlescent weapons are in General Knoxx. I remember I had a thanatos repeater (formerly 'pearlescent') that was changed to dark orange when the update hit.

If that acid spitting revolver you're talking about is the pestilent defiler... I have 2 of them, and they are invaluable against the lance! Best gun I have :)

Yeah that's the one. I have 2 as well, a six shooter and a two shooter. Much prefer the six. Does a small bit less damage but the four extra bullets are invaluable.

Must get G. Knoxx DLC tomorrow. Been putting it off all week cos of college work

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Yeah that's the one. I have 2 as well, a six shooter and a two shooter. Much prefer the six. Does a small bit less damage but the four extra bullets are invaluable.

I'm the very same, word for word!!

I'm on Xbox360... we should organise a Crawmerax raid. In fact, we could also consider a few posts offering to swap weapons and classmods. I've some amazing stuff that I'll never use?!

Lv56 now!
    I'd be well up for that, but unfortunately got the PS3 version for the sake of saving a fiver:o... Just beat Knoxx now at level 59 and will go back to clear up the last few trophies... Absolutely fantastic bit of DLC!!

Megabump...

The 4th DLC announced for Borderlands, which should finally make sense of the
    cl4ptr4p
    ending to the main game.
    The latest downloadable installment for sci-fi shooter Borderlands has been made official. The fourth Borderlands DLC is dubbed "Claptrap's New Robot Revolution".

In Claptrap's New Robot Revolution, players must put down a deadly mechanical uprising. A civil war has broken out between an armada lead by Hyperion Corporation and the Claptraps lead by the Ninja Assassin.

"A year ago Borderlands was an untested brand that through hard work and a lot of passion, turned out to be one of the best-selling, claptastic and skagtacular games we have ever created," said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K, in an official release. "A year later, we are releasing our fourth DLC installment, Claptrap's New Robot Revolution, which illustrates our enthusiasm for creating highly entertaining content that enhances a franchise. In addition to serving as the perfect bookend to the original game, what gamer doesn't love a kung-fu-wielding Ninja Assassin Claptrap with nunchuck skills?"

The fourth Borderlands DLC follows up on previously released Borderlands downloadable content The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot and The Secret Armory of General Knoxx.

Claptrap's New Robot Revolution will be released on the PSN, Windows PC and Xbox LIVE this September for US$9.99 or 800 Microsoft Points.

http://kotaku.com/5610037/latest-borderlands-dlc-revealed-and-detailed

By the way, if anyone is still messing around with the General Knoxx DLC (on 360), I'd love some help to kick his arse. I tried many many times, and just can't beat him (need some decent acid weapons). Haven't played for a few months now, I just gave up.

By the way, if anyone is still messing around with the General Knoxx DLC (on 360), I'd love some help to kick his arse. I tried many many times, and just can't beat him (need some decent acid weapons). Haven't played for a few months now, I just gave up.

Would be delighted to help. I'll be home from work about half 5, if I'm online at any point, just drop me an invite! I've about 5 achievements left in Borderlands, I think I'd like to finish the whole lot :)

I had a look at your profile and you only have 2 achievements left in Knoxx (Sneaky Little Buggers and Completionist). Happy to help you with those, but I don't think I'll be getting Underdome. :)

I have some work to do tonight at home, but should be free to play some time after 9?

I had a look at your profile and you only have 2 achievements left in Knoxx (Sneaky Little Buggers and Completionist). Happy to help you with those, but I don't think I'll be getting Underdome. :)

I have some work to do tonight at home, but should be free to play some time after 9?

Not sure when I'll be on, but I'll be on at some stage.

Underdome is a lot of fun, but only if you're playing with others (preferrably people you know), and with microphones.

Anyway, pop me an invite if you see me online and we'll kill Knoxx. Would be nice to get those last to achievements too.

• Advertisement

I loved Borderlands so much, it's the only game I've platinumed so far, so I can't wait for this new DLC to give me a reason to start playing it again :D

Advertisement