Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Traded my copy after xmas :mad:, but I hear there is a uber version with all the dlc on the way. Article I read this on escapes me at the moment but the info was based as usual on a us gamestop listing. Was going to pick up a used copy but if there is a goty version coming I'll hold off as it would work out cheaper than buying the dlc separate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Kersmash wrote: »
    I loved Borderlands so much, it's the only game I've platinumed so far, so I can't wait for this new DLC to give me a reason to start playing it again :D

Only platinum I've bothered getting as well! :D
    Came very close to buying it in the last steam sale just so that I could play through it in coop with some people I know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

http://kotaku.com/5630722/borderlands-level-cap-going-up-for-free

Level cap is being raised to 69! I haven't hit 61 yet, but I'm getting the urge to play it alot recently, cos there's someone on my friends list who's playing it alot. Can't wait for the new DLC. I love this game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

This seems like a game that would appeal to Borderlands' fans:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Alright guys, I need a bit of advice. After completing Borderlands there. Kinda

Completed the main game, Zombie Island and General Knoxx(still got a few side missions that pop up after the credits). Haven't touched Mad Moxxi really although I just got frustrated with it after a couple of mins.
    Playing solo as a soldier currently on level 44

What should I do next? Finish up the rest of the missions from General Knoxx? and play through Mad Moxxi?

Start a 2nd playthrough? I'm not entirely sure what that does though. Do I keep my soldier/level and loot? Just start from the beginning?

Interested in getting my character up and start getting the good loot. Is ignoring the rest of the remaining missions in my first playthough and starting a second playthrough the best way to do that?

Any help/tips on what way to go from here would be much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Start a 2nd playthrough? I'm not entirely sure what that does though. Do I keep my soldier/level and loot? Just start from the beginning?

Interested in getting my character up and start getting the good loot. Is ignoring the rest of the remaining missions in my first playthough and starting a second playthrough the best way to do that?

You just start at the very start again (Welcome to Fyrestone) with the claptrap showing you around. However, you keep all your gear/abilities/stats/level/etc... If you ever played Diablo II it is like that. The enemies just get harder and have more resistances/hit harder, to reflect your higher level/gear.

If you're only doing it solo, my only recommendation would be to get some mates in on the act. It's much more fun playing with a few people you know (even if they're people you only know online - but mates are better). The loot is also much better.

I haven't completed the DLC yet, since I lost all my savegames and had to start again, but it depends on what level the enemies you face are. If they're a level or two (or more) below you, then you won't get as much XP as if you hit the 2nd playthrough and they might be higher than you.

Mad Moxxi seems really tedious and unappealing from what I've heard of it.
    round after round of brutal arena combat. And though there is some good loot, you won't earn experience or increase your weapon proficiencies by killing the hordes of enemies that are thrown at you.

IIRC it takes a long time to get though the arenas and there's no checkpointing during these endeavours?

I never got Mad Moxxi, it never appealed to me. Zombie Island and General Knoxx are awesome though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Kersmash wrote: »
    I never got Mad Moxxi, it never appealed to me. Zombie Island and General Knoxx are awesome though.

I did and wished I hadn't... The next bit of DLC will be a day one purchase for me due to the sheer brilliance of the rest of the DLC so far. 2/3 aint bad going anyway!

Likewise! Anyone know if it's possible to start a new game with the same character? The last time I played Borderlands i was half way through playthrough 2, and I jumped on it the other night and felt like starting back at the start of playthrough 2, but I wanna keep my character, his leve, guns etc.. Anyone know if it's possible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

I have been playing this a lot lately on the 360 ,I seemed to miss when it first came out and picked it up second hand, realy , really great game, would love to try the co-op so please add me if your on xbox live: vaschro

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Claptrap's New Revolution now showing up in the Xbox Marketplace.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802545407e7/?p=1&of=3&bt=0&sb=0

Time for another few weeks in Pandora. :)

Interview and Trailer:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I really like Randy Pitchford. His passion for his work always comes across as being genuine. Gaming needs more public faces like him (and less like Kotick).

Also, I think that video might unintentionally spoil the final boss in DLC4.

I'll get this, as I've gotten all the other DLC for this game. Knoxx was a standard setter for what DLC can offer at a respectable price/content ratio.

I think it spoils one of the bosses (
    Knoxx-trap
    ) but I don't think thats that's the final boss. The main achievment is called
    Kill the INAC
    for 70 gamerscore, and killing
    Knoxx-trap
    is separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Mr E wrote: »

How come Xbox gamers get it before PC gamers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

When is the PC version out? Thought both had a date of the 28th :(

Mr E wrote: »
    I think it spoils one of the bosses (
    Knoxx-trap
    ) but I don't think thats that's the final boss. The main achievment is called
    Kill the INAC
    for 70 gamerscore, and killing
    Knoxx-trap
    is separate.

Oh, good stuff :) Will be online later, and playing this. So if anyone wants to team up, shoot me an invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Oh, good stuff :) Will be online later, and playing this. So if anyone wants to team up, shoot me an invite.

How's the router, will be on later after weights, might try and finish Knoxx first though

Vegeta wrote: »
    How's the router, will be on later after weights, might try and finish Knoxx first though

Router is perfect, and I'm Open NAT type. UPC was dodgy last night though, hopefully fine tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Looking forward to playing Borderlands in the 1st place, have the xbox for 2 weeks now. Waiting for the Game of the Year Edition though, should be out in a few weeks :)

• Advertisement

wow, pitchford is a really likeable guy. he seemed genuinely excited. more companies should have ceos like him.

can't wait to get my hands on the dlc!

OK so its great to be back playing this (I might even level up enough to finally beat Knoxx), but I'm a bit underwhelmed so far. I'm a level 60 hunter on playthrough 2, and all of the enemies are between 49 and 51 (so piss easy to kill).

I've finished about 5 missions, but the
    Tannis fetch quests
    are taking the piss. Hopefully it gets better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Well just spent the last two and a half hours playing the game, and completing the main part of the DLC. It's a little underwhelming tbh, since it's really just shoot stuff, get to a rehashed boss fight, rinse and repeat. Not much more interesting than the main storyline.

Then again I haven't really investigated the side-quests too much yet.

Also, it may be because I played this on Playthrough 1 with my Level 61 Gunslinger. Maybe I'll find it a bit more challenging on Playthrough 2.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Also, it may be because I played this on Playthrough 1 with my Level 61 Gunslinger. Maybe I'll find it a bit more challenging on Playthrough 2.

Whoa, read that as "Playstation 1", had me right confused.

Have only played the base content. Looking for a proper sequel before getting into the franchise again, the gunplay could do with improvement. Also the way humanoid enemies move when attacking feels odd - doesn't seem natural or predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

wikipedia wrote:
    On August 11, 2k confirmed the title of the content, Claptrap's New Robot Revolution, and its main premise.[23] The DLC will have 21 missions (split between 9 main missions and 12 side quests), 10 new skill points, and three additional backpack slots. The game will focus around a rogue army of malfunctioning Clap-Traps (led by CL4P-TP, Interplanetary Ninja Assassin, the same claptrap that is seen getting struck by lightning just before the end credits), along with an army of familiar enemies transformed into Clap-Trap styles (i.e., Crab-Traps, Rakk-Traps, and Skag-Trapps). A wide variety of old cast members will return alongside new faces. New fast-travel destinations are also expected, a first for Borderlands DLC. [24]

On September 5, 2010, Pitchford announced at the Penny Arcade Expo that the release date was scheduled to be September 28, 2010. Pitchford also announced a free patch to increase the level cap by 8 for all players (to a maximum of Level 69), regardless of whether the General Knoxx expansion had been purchased.

I seem to be stuck on Lvl 61 with no xp increases, anybody know if the wikipedia bit is correct or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

I seem to be stuck on Lvl 61 with no xp increases, anybody know if the wikipedia bit is correct or what?

Have you downloaded the update to increase the level cap?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Seeing some bad reviews for this atm :/ Still going to buy it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

This thread is still going,
    i started this on my now inaccessible account :(
    mods gimme back my account :mad:

The mods have nothing to do with it.

Send an email to hello@boards.ie and Darragh or Dav will be able to help reunite you with your account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

the patch for the 8 extra levels will arrive early next month, must be still working on it.

Also seen some bad reviews, people arent liking the fetch quests.

Advertisement