Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    people arent liking the fetch quests.

I blame the "Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains" quest from the Zombie Island DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

Mr E wrote: »
    The mods have nothing to do with it.

Send an email to hello@boards.ie and Darragh or Dav will be able to help reunite you with your account.

Sent an email to them before and got nothing back will try again, thing is i got no information on that account to prove it's me it's donkeys years old and pm's on it are scarce. delete my posts on this if you wish they mean nothing to the thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah no problem. If you still hear nothing back, send me a PM and I'll pop a message in their dropbox.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    I blame the "Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains" quest from the Zombie Island DLC.

That was painful. I had hundreds collected by the time I found the quest, and the counter started at 0!

At least Tannis's quest is the first thing you come across in the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

that brains quest was soul destroying.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    That was painful. I had hundreds collected by the time I found the quest, and the counter started at 0!

At least Tannis's quest is the first thing you come across in the DLC.

Yea, but it's the same as the brains, whereby if you collect any over the amount needed, they don't carry forward to the next one. I went off on one of the main missions doing the 75 quest, I probably picked up about 150 parts, and yet when I turned in 75 the counter went right back to 0 :(

Good to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Quite disappointing so far... A regurgitated scrapyard world that we've seen enough of in the main game already, ridiculously easy combat and they don't seem to have released the level increase patch along with it (PS3 version)
    It still feels good to be back on Pandora despite all that:)

/edit
    Apparently the difficulty is scaled based on story missions that you've completed - If you've completed "You. Will. Die." (I haven't), the enemies will start at 61

If any PS3 players want to take on Crawmerax this weekend, drop me a line ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

tman wrote: »
    If any PS3 players want to take on Crawmerax this weekend, drop me a line ^_^

`****ing crawmerax bane of my life for two weeks. bastard will not die, its just feckin impossible by yourself :(

played a few hours of Robo rev and got bored, too easy while at lvl 61.
    hopefully patch may improve things when it appears

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=111774
    Borderlands DLC, Claptrap’s New Robot Revolution, is currently experiencing an achievement/trophy bug that applies to all platforms including XB360, PS3, and Steam.

The bug relates to the following 5 achievements
    A: “What a party!”
    B: “It’s so realistic”
    C: “Bobble-trap”
    D: “The Lubricator”
    E: “Tourist”

They must be unlocked in this order. If the first of these five (5) achievements is unlocked in any other order, any achievements above that achievement on the list will not unlock normally.

Example 1:
    If your first unlocked achievement is B: “It’s so realistic” (and you continue to then unlock C, D, and E) then you will be unable to unlock Achievement A: “What a party!” until the fix has been implemented.

Example 2:
    If your first unlocked achievement from the list above happens to be achievement E: “Tourist” then you will be unable to unlock the rest of the achievements (A, B, C, or D) until the fix has been implemented.

We currently plan to have this bug corrected in the 1.50 Title Update. The fix will be retroactive so players can still obtain these item requirements for the achievements. Once the fix is released in the Title Update, they will be awarded with the achievements as long as they have obtained the requirements for each of these achievements beforehand. The 1.50 Title Update is currently planned for release in October. Once we have more specifics on a date, we will let the community know.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have this corrected as soon as possible.

• Advertisement

`****ing crawmerax bane of my life for two weeks. bastard will not die, its just feckin impossible by yourself :(

Aye, I even considered teaming up with a few randomers to take him on, but without voice commes that would be even more frustrating than trying to solo it!
    Wish that I'd gone with the 360 or PC version of Borderlands... :(

So the +8 level patch is here, with a few other changes.

Going through Playthrough 2 of Claptrap now - or at least I'm trying to except my game is freezing every 30 seconds because of... well this

Only on PC though.... XB and PS3 still a while away.

Actually tempted to start playthrough 3 when its out (I hear its even better than playthrough 2!)

PS3 seems to be live at the moment too - 67MB and 43 minutes left to download it!

Think I'll be doing it before work tomorrow in that case:p

Its up for xbox too.... just 4mb for us. :)

I can confirm that it is the level patch, and that the difficulty has been adjusted. The enemies at the hyperion dump were level 51-53 before the update, now they're 63 (and I'm level 61). My experience bar is filling up too....

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Just bought the GOTY edition for PS3, level 13...

If anyone is around for some co-op add me PSN: Fly13

Cheers

flynner13 wrote: »
    Just bought the GOTY edition for PS3, level 13...

If anyone is around for some co-op add me PSN: Fly13

Cheers

Will do! Nice to see a fellow PS3 player for once!
    I'll be a bit over-levelled for your quests, but might dig out my soldier again...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I may be persuaded to play it again, only a lowish level myself (i think).

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

I work akward shifts, so I may be on in the morning or evening... but add me anyway if your online!

I started playing this morning at 9am and didnt look at the clock untill it was past 1... this game is obsorbing!

How does the co-op stuff work? Can I use my character from the single player mission?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You use your character from single player. You follow the hosts mission path though, so if you're a different part of the story your campaign won't advance. The more players you have, the more enemies there are. They're meant to be tougher too.

If your level is lower than the other players, you'll earn more XP and rank up pretty fast. I think I went from 40-50 in a couple of co-op sessions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

What is the deal with Play-through 2? Are the NPC's stronger the second time around?

Enemies are much tougher yeah (but you're starting the game with a level around the mid 30s). Loot is better second time round too (better weapons, more money).

Started playing this again this evening - I'm really liking some of the rebalancing that's happened in the main game and expansions (nearly got my ass handed to me by a couple of those floating drone bots outside T-Bone junction!)
    There's even some fun to be had back in the original areas if you're level 61-62ish
    Just a shame they couldn't coordinate the release of the level increase/rebalance patch with the DLC, as I had completed a big chuck of it already without any XP gains..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Yes_Man

I didnt want to start a new thread so I said I would come here considering this is a borderlands thread. I'm thinking of getting the game for my 360, I've read reviews that the game is unbelievable but is it really that good? You guy would know best considering you play it. Also is it as good if you play on your own because most reviewers say the co-op is the best part?
    Thanks in advance

It is a very good game, but about midway through the difficulty really ramps up at which stage it'd probably be your best bet to start playing it online in co-op. This is where i stopped playing it because i despise co-op based games. However if you like co-op, then it's a brilliant game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Yes_Man

It is a very good game, but about midway through the difficulty really ramps up at which stage it'd probably be your best bet to start playing it online in co-op. This is where i stopped playing it because i despise co-op based games. However if you like co-op, then it's a brilliant game!

Thannks for that, can you play it split screen by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I played through it twice as the soldier my own. Great game well worth picking up!

It has split screen yeah.

CombatCow wrote: »
    I played through it twice as the soldier my own. Great game well worth picking up!

It has split screen yeah.

I found myself getting owned in nearly every area, might have been down to my lack of decent guns...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Maybe, I remember I had a sweet smg, it had a low rate of fire but used incendieary bullets. I also had an auto shotgun that did acid damage too...good times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

I played it offline by myself and finished it, very enjoyable game, a break from the norm of first person shooters with some great humour!!

changing guns every 5 seconds eventually became not as fun as id hoped...

tried to play it co-op once but everyone just ran off in different directions and was pointless, only be good with mics or a group of friends, then id say its great!!

Advertisement