Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

It is a very good game, but about midway through the difficulty really ramps up at which stage it'd probably be your best bet to start playing it online in co-op. This is where i stopped playing it because i despise co-op based games. However if you like co-op, then it's a brilliant game!

I found that with the soldier, but started again with the Siren and it was a breeze all the way through!
    Sirens are definitely one of the classes most suited to solo play, so I'd advise trying that if you're new to the game and won't be playing online (it really is crap unless you know some people who have the game)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I might start it again soon, am finding that i'm running out of money this year, so have started playing old games :P

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I played through it as Hunter... twice. I put 100+ hours into Borderlands, which is more than I've done for any other game in my life. Second playthrough was better than the first because it was far more challenging (you start it at the level you finished the first one - about level 35 - and the enemies are scaled accordingly), and the loot meant it was far more rewarding too.

When Borderworlds comes out, I'm taking a week off work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Mr E wrote: »
    When Borderworlds comes out, I'm taking a week off work.

Whens that being released

The name was trademarked over a year ago. The game hasn't been officially announced yet as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone seen the goty edition going cheap :confused:

How cheap is cheap?

Looks like a good price on Zavvi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

How cheap is cheap?

Looks like a good price on Zavvi.

Thats affordable !!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Yes_Man

Is it worth paying the extra few bob for the GOTY edition? How much extra content is on it from the original?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Yes_Man wrote: »
    Is it worth paying the extra few bob for the GOTY edition? How much extra content is on it from the original?

yes

You get codes to download all 4 DLC packs, which will add 20+ hours to one playthough of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Quite tempted to pick up the GOTY version for the PC actually, more chance of getting a decent co-op game together than on the PS3 (no chance:()
    Anybody else still willing to have a quick game? I'd mostly be interested in doing the second dlc (which has been ignored on my PS3 thanks to the online focus)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got all the addons for ps3 (well kids did after i swayed from the Black Bag ops side).

Kid was playing on ps3 online earlier, played a games but got disconnected alot all players seemed to be actually playing it rather than acting the tit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I downloaded the latest DLC the other day and was excited to hop back into borderlands, as I hadn't played it in ages, but I just couldn't get into it :/ Played for ~2 hours and haven't touched it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

flynner13 wrote: »
    Just bought the GOTY edition for PS3, level 13...

If anyone is around for some co-op add me PSN: Fly13

Cheers

I will add as I have a soldier around that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Does anyone know of any place in Dublin that has the Xbox 360 Game of the Year Edition for a nice price at the moment?

Sub €25 - €30 preferrably. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I saw this for a tenner in Smyths, never played it before but wanted to give it a go, great price! Or should I look for a GOTY edition as I heard the DLC is cracking but will cost around 30 quid for the lot?

A playthrough of the main game will probably take 25-30 hours (and I played through it twice - much better 2nd time around too). Go for the GOTY if you can get it - it'll work out far cheaper than buying the DLC separately.

Ya its a really good deal for GOTY, just hope I like it get that far into it. I got red dead and all the dlc, didn't like it at all, played one level of undead nightmare and got to level 5 online before getting bored to tears, waste of money. will be kicking myself tho if i love borderlands but only got the copy for a tenner, hmmm better look up a few reviews.

Mr. E, I see you've clocked up a good amount of hours in this, can you tell me if you can try the DLC's as soon as you have them or do you have to clear the game 1st?

• Advertisement

Not sure. I'd finished the main game before Zombie Island (1st DLC) came out. The new DLC hubs just show up on the fast travel location list in the game. I heard that you might need to be level 10 before you can access them, but I'm not sure. You'll be level 25+ by the end of the main game, so its not really an issue.

cool thanks man, looking up reviews, sounds class altogether, must check gamestop for their trade in prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

A playthrough of the main game will probably take 25-30 hours (and I played through it twice - much better 2nd time around too). Go for the GOTY if you can get it - it'll work out far cheaper than buying the DLC separately.

I got gory for pc, but as I moved to xbox I whana get it for xbox so :(. Zavvi had great deal on goty edition.

Kind of wait with it for now as I got 37h in new Vegas and started Alan wake too.... Got to many games now, but I atleast playing them now...

I saw on the PSN you can get the 4 dlc packs bundled for 20 quid. If i pick up the main game in smyths 2nd hand for a tenner, the whole thing will still be cheaper than gamestop (35 quid) and I can choose if I even want to buy the DLC's when i'm ready. Could buy a PSN store card with remaining money from trade in. All depends on trad prices now but def gonna get this!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I saw on the PSN you can get the 4 dlc packs bundled for 20 quid. If i pick up the main game in smyths 2nd hand for a tenner, the whole thing will still be cheaper than gamestop (35 quid) and I can choose if I even want to buy the DLC's when i'm ready. Could buy a PSN store card with remaining money from trade in. All depends on trad prices now but def gonna get this!

I think it's cheaper then that for goty in zavvi bud. I got pc version for 14 quid. I bet ps3/xbox one will be around 18.

I think it's cheaper then that for goty in zavvi bud. I got pc version for 14 quid. I bet ps3/xbox one will be around 18.

No Zavii in Limerick anymore and I need to trade in a game or 2 so have to do it the old fashioned way instead of the web. Is anyone still playing this/just started on PS3?

I'd say he means zavvi online... I don't think Zavvi are in Ireland any more, are they?

I'd say he means zavvi online... I don't think Zavvi are in Ireland any more, are they?

Oh didn't know they pulled out if Ireland completely, ah I wish for the day these online stores would accept trade ins!

2000 posts!! :D

Ahem, is splitscreen co-op any good? Does the other player come in at the same level, can they just drop in for a run n gun laugh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

I ordered GOTY edition from Zavvi on the 21st February for €21.45. They had a date of 31st March that the expected the order to be filled by.

It still hasn't been filled and I receive an email from them every 2 days apologising for it.

The only reason I haven't cancelled the order yet is that they don't charge you until the order has been shipped. So I've been keeping that balance in my Paypal, just in case.

Also it seems like a bit of hassle to cancel the order. Will wait and hope!

Have heard great things about the game, so for €21.45 I don't mind waiting as I've a few other games on the go anyway.

Advertisement