Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Jayd0g wrote: »
    I ordered GOTY edition from Zavvi on the 21st February for €21.45.

:(

Just picked this up in Argos as an impulse buy. 23e for the 'normal' edition. Aw. Great game though! I think I've watched the intro about six times now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just picked up GOTY edition in Gamestop, traded Red Dead and Episodes from Liberty City and made a small profit :), any tips for a noob???

sheehy83 wrote: »
    any tips for a noob???

Seriously, just play and have a blast with it. You'll pick up what works very quickly in the game. (Like fire elemental weapons working on Skaggs. Grenade add ons. Shields).

Just be sure to read the small print on the weapons\grenades\shields. Especially reload rate and fire rate. Got caught out a few times on those!

Where the hell did the time go!!?? Loving this game, thanks for the advice on this lads, beaming i picked it up! Picked the soldier, loving blasting skags with the shotty. This game will def keep me going for a while!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Couldn't resist buying this again now that I've got a PC which is more than capable of playing it... Hopefully there'll be a few more people up for a game than there was on the PS3:(

• Advertisement

Well i'm on PS3 if anyone wants to add me PSN is sheehy83. Almost level 8. "Critical Biaaatch" haha

Where the hell did the time go!!?? Loving this game, thanks for the advice on this lads, beaming i picked it up! Picked the soldier, loving blasting skags with the shotty. This game will def keep me going for a while!!
    Well i'm on PS3 if anyone wants to add me PSN is sheehy83. Almost level 8. "Critical Biaaatch" haha

I picked the soldier too, seems to be the default starting character to pick. Pretty sure I know who I'll pick on the second playthrough already! Currently level 16 or 17. Can't remember.

Just remember that you can select all missions from a person\bulletin board and choose to do them in whatever order you want. Especially when you get to the skag arena one.You may want to do a few other missions before coming back to that!

Just lobbed it on and I have 2 active missions, both are level 10 and Hard from the bounty wall in Fyrestone. I'm only level 7 and getting my ass kicked. It's the Bone Head mission to get the part to fix the catch-a-ride. Do I just go exploring trying to get my level up or am I missing a story mission?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just lobbed it on and I have 2 active missions, both are level 10 and Hard from the bounty wall in Fyrestone. I'm only level 7 and getting my ass kicked. It's the Bone Head mission to get the part to fix the catch-a-ride. Do I just go exploring trying to get my level up or am I missing a story mission?
    I found that was happening to me the first time I played through it. That early in the game you dont really need to venture too far away from the Doc.
    You talked to T.K.? and killed Nine Toes? You should have done them already by my memory.And if you haven't talked to T.K., then you can find him if you go out the main game and head across behind the car spawn point.

Have you any other mission available to you? Do them first if so.

I found that was happening to me the first time I played through it. That early in the game you dont really need to venture too far away from the Doc.
    You talked to T.K.? and killed Nine Toes? You should have done them already by my memory.And if you haven't talked to T.K., then you can find him if you go out the main game and head across behind the car spawn point.

Have you any other mission available to you? Do them first if so.

Thanks man, ya just killed Nine Toes, talked to Doc and he said about the bounties. 2 missions on that and both are above my level, one of those is from TK. Maybe i'll try go back to Doc see if other jobs open up, if not I don't mind going exploring to level up. Some amount of weapons in it!! Love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Just picked up GOTY edition in Gamestop, traded Red Dead and Episodes from Liberty City and made a small profit :), any tips for a noob???

Play with friends.

If you haven't got friends with borderlands, then play with me :)

PSN: Sarumite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Thanks man, ya just killed Nine Toes, talked to Doc and he said about the bounties. 2 missions on that and both are above my level, one of those is from TK. Maybe i'll try go back to Doc see if other jobs open up, if not I don't mind going exploring to level up. Some amount of weapons in it!! Love it!

I have a level 50 soldier. I don't mind helping you out power levelling if you need it.

Nearly all the weapons are randomly generated afaik. So you wont be finding the same weapon twice. As suggested before, keep an eye on the fire rate and accuracy % to see if you like the weapon. So many times I found a rifle/machine gun weapon that had a great damage, scope, accuracy and shot X3 acid rounds while it was at it, only to find out that it had burst fire and shot slower than a sniper rifle.

There are a few special weapons that you'll find on your travels. They usually are denoted by the red writing in the stats box/description page for the weapon.

sarumite wrote: »
    Play with friends.

If you haven't got friends with borderlands, then play with me :)

PSN: Sarumite.

Have you added, some difference between 7 and 50 tho haha!

kearney can you tell me what it means if the weapon name is in green? I've seen a few of these, some with no elemental properties so a bit baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brendor

If anyone is interested i saw the addon disc (I think it was called the double pack) for xbox 360 in smyths cork for €7.50.

2 missions on that and both are above my level, one of those is from TK.

Actually, TK's missions was level 10 Hard but I only had to go talk to him and it was missions successful, bit strange it said it was 'Hard'. Have a few more missions off him now around my level, off to Pandora I go!

Actually, TK's missions was level 10 Hard but I only had to go talk to him and it was missions successful, bit strange it said it was 'Hard'. Have a few more missions off him now around my level, off to Pandora I go!
    That difficulty description is usually based on the current level of your character.All the missions are assigned a level whether or not they hard or not. It just calls them hard because you are a couple of levels below the assigned level of the mission.

As far as the weapon colour goes, it seemed to me to be a bit of a mixed bag at first. At least it felt like that to me.
    green=acid rounds
    blue=electric rounds
    orange=incendiary rounds

I used to think that was how it went that way. Turn out it doesn't. There are subtle difference to the description colour.

Here's a good guide to how the weapons work in terms of descriptions, rarity and special weapons. Have a read there. Aren't any major spoilers there as far as I can see.
    http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons

Worth a read, so you can really see the good weapons from the bad and know which one to keep.

Bookmark that site. It WILL come in really handy. Especially when you come across some missions where the mission marker is really vague. Comes in handy when you are looking for weapon parts. Those mission markers seem to be intentionally (read: annoyingly) vague.

good timing, just came on to google what they meant as I opened a box with 4 guns, 2 of em haqd green names, sound man!

Such a pity there isn't a a storage box, I'm having to sell rare guns I got from bosses or missions because they have low stats but i'd like to keep em.

Such a pity there isn't a a storage box, I'm having to sell rare guns I got from bosses or missions because they have low stats but i'd like to keep em.
    there is. If you got the GotY edition the DLC has one. Find out from that wiki page. http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Bank

you can increase your storage by repairing the claptraps around the place. 3 new storage slots for every claptrap. repaired.

• Advertisement

Ah badly needed! Just got my 1st claptrap so wil def be hunting for the rest of them, thanks man!

Ah badly needed! Just got my 1st claptrap so wil def be hunting for the rest of them, thanks man!
    Just make a mental note of where you repaired the Claptraps. there's no real checklist to see which ones you missed and which ones have been repaired already. Found it a real nuisance to try and find out which ones I had to find late on in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

List of Claptrap locations (in the order you come across them).

Mr E wrote: »
    List of Claptrap locations (in the order you come across them).

I was just on gamefaqs looking for a list haha thanks man

All missions in Arid Badlands finished, just in Dahl Headlands at level 20, such a class game!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭AllYourBass

Do many people play this online co-op? I've been trying to get back into this with my high level siren, a wouldn't mind a couple of players to get me back into the swing of things. I left it at about a third of the way through the Secret Armoury.

Do many people play this online co-op? I've been trying to get back into this with my high level siren, a wouldn't mind a couple of players to get me back into the swing of things. I left it at about a third of the way through the Secret Armoury.

I havn't tried this yet but i def will when I get into the later levels, my 23 might bit a bit low for ya.

I havn't tried this yet but i def will when I get into the later levels, my 23 might bit a bit low for ya.

Sure PM me your GT, I'll add you anyway and wait til you catch up, I've to tear through a few games before I go back to Borderlands anyway.

ah i'm on ps3 psn is sheehy83

• Advertisement

ah i'm on ps3 psn is sheehy83

Haha, n/m so!

Advertisement