Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just saw what happened to
    TK
    , Those Baastards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just saw what happened to
    TK
    , Those Baastards!!
    That's
    not
    the last you'll see of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

have to get back into this again. such a good game. :D

did anyone get stuck with the buy the shield mission at the start of your second playthrough? seem to remember that nagging and nagging me for ages forcing me to stop playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

12 quid for GOTY edition on steam today.

Dunno when it ends

Ya Take 2 put up on their facebook 75% off everything Borderlands today on Steam. Highly recommend it if you havn't tried it yet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Awesome... Had it ordered it on Zavvi but they were estimating a month for delivery, so cancelled that and got it on Steam instead:)

tman wrote: »
    Awesome... Had it ordered it on Zavvi but they were estimating a month for delivery, so cancelled that and got it on Steam instead:)

game later?

or now if your on holidays for the wek like me :D

Given the speed of my connection in the evenings I'll have it downloaded by the time you've finished your holidays! :(
    Might leave it downloading overnight so I can have a game tomorrow
    Bastard!

Gone back to 50 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

its been at 12 quid at least twice since december last year, it will be again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

anybody want to play online co op?

Cleared the game today and just cleared Dr. Neds zombie island. Just about to hit level 40. This is some game! Hillarious meeting
    TK
    again but that Brains quest is a biatch! Just started the last of it, collecting 250 brains but dunno if I have it in me. Onto mad moxxi next, then the other 2 dlcs. This game is like crack!

Looks like we might be seeing some of Borderlands 2/Borderworlds at E3 this year...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-21-borderlands-2-shows-up-on-resume

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You didn't read the follow up, tman (it was rubbished by Gearbox)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-21-gearbox-dismisses-borderlands-2-talk

No smoke without fire, though....

ah i'd say there would have to be a sequel and it will be a day 1 purchase for me this time!

Day-1-day-off-work-stock-up-with-munchies-and-coffee-and-take-phone-off-the-hook purchase for me. :)

Bad news!

No Borderlands 2!!!

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2011/04/24/borderlands-2-incoming-gearboxs -randy-pitchford-says-no/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Bad news!

No Borderlands 2!!!

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2011/04/24/borderlands-2-incoming-gearboxs -randy-pitchford-says-no/

Borderlands 2 is coming but its not coming this year.With Skyrim,Mass Effect 3 & a mountain of other games late this year they are better off waiting until 2012.Gearbox still have to release Duke Nukem Forever & Aliens:Colonial Marines,that Aliens game was revealed so long ago I think at the time Borderlands hadn't even the Cel shaded look then.Never played Borderlands myself is it any good for Single player,I always hear Great Co-op.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Never played Borderlands myself is it any good for Single player,I always hear Great Co-op.

I played single player all the way through, loved it! Finished island of dr. ned dlc and just starting mad moxxi. Heard co-op was class as well but I was well content just treking through the game myself.

• Advertisement

Now do a new game with that character. You'll start at the level you finished at (30+), the enemies will be tougher and the loot will be better. :)

Mr E wrote: »
    Now do a new game with that character. You'll start at the level you finished at (30+), the enemies will be tougher and the loot will be better. :)

Want to clear general knoxx and claptrap dlc 1st before doing 2nd playthrough, such a great game!

The game is quite brilliant in coop just finished playing now started at 6pm :o

Imo Coop makes the game much much better as the creatures of pandora grow stronger :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Got this earlier for a fiver after trading in GTA IV, know nothing about the game but I read a few pages of this thread last month and everyone seemed to be saying it was a great game. Need something while I'm waiting for LA Noire so thought I'd give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭heid

The ending was terrible.

heid wrote: »
    The ending was terrible.

Ah tbh, the whole story was a bit crap, the actual journey of getting there makes up for it tho.

Loving this so far! Started it a couple of nights ago and played for 5 hours straight in co-op, great fun and a genuine challenge even early in the game. Started a single player game last night and already after the first few quests I've got totally different weapons than the co-op game.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

anybody want to play co op? havent played borderlands in over a year but mightn get back into it if someone would like to join me?

Currently in New haven and have to say I'm finding the game far too easy, I'm constantly 2-3 levels above my opponents and have an smg with a 17 fire rate so I can comfortably kill anyone without any real danger to my health. Finding the levelling up and the constant gun improvements really satisfying but just wish I could have more of a challenge

The exception is Mothrakk who I've just come across, I'm level 24, for some reason the quest is labelled as 21 and trivial difficulty but when I found him he's level 25 and close to invincible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Harps wrote: »
    Currently in New haven and have to say I'm finding the game far too easy, I'm constantly 2-3 levels above my opponents and have an smg with a 17 fire rate so I can comfortably kill anyone without any real danger to my health. Finding the levelling up and the constant gun improvements really satisfying but just wish I could have more of a challenge

The exception is Mothrakk who I've just come across, I'm level 24, for some reason the quest is labelled as 21 and trivial difficulty but when I found him he's level 25 and close to invincible.

Try skipping a few quests, or flying through a few areas, the next areas will seem that much more difficult. If you're more than two levels above the enemies you're fighting, then you will find it a lot easier. Just the way their level system works, unfortunately.

Advertisement