Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I bought the game of the year edition of borderlands just a few days ago brand new.
    Is there any tips you can offer starting out in it? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

I bought the game of the year edition of borderlands just a few days ago brand new.

I'm in the same boat, got the GOTY edition for the Xbox 360 and haven't started yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Play it with your mates if you can.

Or find a few people online who'll stick together, and not run off without you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Anybody spot any deals for the GOTY edition out there (for the Xbox)?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks like Borderlands 2 is almost official (announcement "soon").
    Borderlands 2 is in development at Gearbox Software, Eurogamer understands.

We've heard an announcement from publisher 2K Games will be made soon.

A source close to the game told Eurogamer the Gearbox-developed shooter will release on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 next year.

More here:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-02-borderlands-2-confirmed-source

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I finished the main mission of this at the weekend, it was a really enjoyable experience with a somewhat anti-climactic ending
    A big alien beasty with an obvious and easy critical location as well as cover you can just stand behind with absolutely no risk to your person. Lame loot too, it game me a Blast element piece which I already had instead of giving me the level 3 corrosive that I'm missing and really wanted!

Started to play the Clap Trap DLC and there is a considerable jump in toughness of the enemies. I died more in the first 20 minutes of that than I did in the last 10 hours of game play through the main story (i.e. 3 times vs 2 :p). On one hand, it's good because I'm enjoying the challenge of it, but on the other it's a bit "meh, we don't have any more ideas, so we're just going to increase every enemies stats" which I think is a little bit disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Only just started playing this game - with a group of my mates.

Its ****ing brilliant. Though I can't imagine playing it single player at all. No where near as good I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭AllYourBass

Sisko wrote: »
    Only just started playing this game - with a group of my mates.

Its ****ing brilliant. Though I can't imagine playing it single player at all. No where near as good I'd say.

You'd be right...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Bump...

Already finished this on xbox but got the GotY edition in the steam sale so thought I'd go through it in preparation for the 2nd game.

Just wondering has anyone had any performance issues with the game? I'm having some really strange problems with it these past few days, the first time I tried it a few weeks ago it was only playable on a ridiculously low resolution (320x200 or something) so I gave up, I tried yesterday and suddenly I could manage 600x400 at 60fps which at least gave me a full screen. Just booted it up an hour ago and 600x400 is only giving me about 20fps again, about to give up I stuck everything to max just to see what it'd look like, including resolution and its running at 40fps, bearing in mind just yesterday it was like a slide show on anything remotely resembling HD graphics :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Harps wrote: »
    Bump...

Already finished this on xbox but got the GotY edition in the steam sale so thought I'd go through it in preparation for the 2nd game.

Just wondering has anyone had any performance issues with the game? I'm having some really strange problems with it these past few days, the first time I tried it a few weeks ago it was only playable on a ridiculously low resolution (320x200 or something) so I gave up, I tried yesterday and suddenly I could manage 600x400 at 60fps which at least gave me a full screen. Just booted it up an hour ago and 600x400 is only giving me about 20fps again, about to give up I stuck everything to max just to see what it'd look like, including resolution and its running at 40fps, bearing in mind just yesterday it was like a slide show on anything remotely resembling HD graphics :confused:

Read this, It contains some useful information for increasing performace and allowing you to run the game with a better FOV and much higher resolution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Harps wrote: »
    Bump...

You could have just posted this in the Borderland 2 thread instead of bumping a year old thread :rolleyes:

Anyways what are your system specs? Are you able to run other games on your machine?

It's not really that hard a game to run specswise so why are you running it at 600x400?? Are your setting at max or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Have the GOTY edition from steam any1 else never get around to playing this? if anyone's up for sum co-op let me know asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Old thread I know. This game is amazing got the GOTY edition of steam. €29.99 bit dear for a 5 year plus game, but well worth it. I actually had this on the xbox GOTY edition as well but never bothered playing it. It reminds me of fallout, different combat system though VATS did make life easier in fallout, plus enemies get harder in this game as you go along, didn't really find that in fallout. Soon as I'm finished this it's on to number 2 and then the pre-sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

The pre-sequel is a bit of a let down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yeah felt like a big DLC didn't it, which isn't surprising as I think that team worked on all the BL2 DLC apart from the Tiny Tina one, which was done by the main gearbox team in Austin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Is it really. In what way? Too short? etc...
    calex71 wrote: »
    Yeah felt like a big DLC didn't it, which isn't surprising as I think that team worked on all the BL2 DLC apart from the Tiny Tina one, which was done by the main gearbox team in Austin.

Really, I will get it though.

Someone over in the PC gaming forum gave me links to get the key for games cheap. Never knew you could do that. This is my first PC game. Spent €29.99 for this and seen I could have got it for €5, sickened, also picked up number 2 GOTY for half the price of the GOTY edition on steam. Maybe to take advantage of people like me who don't know any better. It still puzzles me as once I got the key i was able to download the game off them for free, so why do they charge such extortionate prices?

Advertisement