Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

For anyone that brought it today,whats it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Fnz wrote: »
    Local Gamestop says it will be €35. Direct 2 Drive has it for the same price

Its 40 quid in game, didn't look in Gamestop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

For anyone that brought it today,whats it like?

Looks Excellent!!!!!

Little or very little pop in and decent draw distance. (xbox version)

It's a very big game in terms or area and ground to cover.

Very enjoyable so far, co-op is ok too.

Word of warning for folks expecting this to be fallout , as i've seen it compared to fall out 3 a bit. It's nothing like fallout game play wise.

The rpg elements are there with the stats etc but light in comparrison to fallout. It's a shooter 1st and foremost.

Also one thing that kinda bugged me was the narrative / story there isnt really much to it most of the time you are doing missions that don't relate to the story and come by way of on screen text, it's rare you interact with a character with a voice over. There are not multiple choice conversations to be had either.

The limited inventory and no chest to store stuff was a bit annoying at 1st but I got over it once I realised guns could be found everywhere.

There is no option to change difficulty and this game is HARD in places, thankfully reload times and the 2nd wind system work well.

One other niggle is that when you save and exit the game when you go back to the game you start off back at the out post, meaning you have to fight your way back to where you where as the enemies respawn. So you can't get to a hard part , save, die and pick it up again.

For those who have played it , the claptraps are hillarious "c'mon look at me , I'm dancing , I'm dancing" :D

Over all though I think it's tonnes of fun to play, more fps with rpg-lite thrown in. 7/10.

Edit: Just reading a few other reviews on other sites, I'm not getting the whole only good on co-op thing it's perfectly ok solo , if anything ok with pal's but but it's only 4 player co-op so far from being MMORPG, you can go to an arena in game or start a dual with other players in your party but that was fun like the 1st time I did it. Most of the people I've played with were only there to muck about or try and mooch good weapons off me.

I get the distinct wiff of we secretly held back some stuff for dlc about this game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Its 40 quid in game, didn't look in Gamestop.

Sorry, I was talking about the PC version (when it's released). It will be €35 in Gamestop. Don't know why I though that was what you were referring to. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

After buying the deluxe edition of demons souls and only finishing 1-1 so far, I think i'll give this a miss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Pwezem

Pre-Ordered it yesterday!

Can't wait

Check out my Sig ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looking forward to this :-) cant wait for the zombie content to be released.

Looking forward to this :-) cant wait for the zombie content to be released.

It's 800 ms points on xbox about $10 :eek:

For that money it would want to be a pretty hefty offering, in terms of new stuff etc.

calex71 wrote: »

For that money it would want to be a pretty hefty offering, in terms of new stuff etc.

Has it been released?It would want to be good for 10 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Not out yet but runours from gearbox saying they want to get it out for Halloween, so end of the week at earliest.

As for siza/worth it-ness, due to the similar price and gamestyles (open-world RPG) I am hoping it is like the good Fallout 3 DLC (Broken Steel/Point Lookout) in terms of size and added enemies/items (kinda hard with Borderlands item generation system)

Will have to wait and see what Gearbox provides us with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

calex71 wrote: »

Horse armour FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

whats bugs ? in fall out

Well personally I loved fallout 3 so if its anything like that (bar the bugs of course) I'd be happy.

cable842 wrote: »
    whats bugs ? in fall out

Are you being ironic? Fallout 3 was a PC crash-fest.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Fallout 3 was fairly stable for me bar crash to desktop when exiting game, but nearly ever game on PC nowadays is considered a crash fest anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

oh never happened in the 360 version. got stuck in a wall once in the game ha ha

quite enjoy this game. Only played it for a little bit tonight. I was a WoW player so doing little crappy quests to level up is nothing new to me. Infact looking back, leveling my characters from 1-60, then 60-70 and finally 70-80 was more enjoyable then when i was max level waiting around for others to log on so i could do something.

I know i said i'd give this a miss but I was in gamestop today killing time and it was only €40 with a shiny box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

KilOit wrote: »
    Their implenting something that could be very popular with future games random scenery popping up is something i don't think was done before, you get random npc's in games alright but this is something that really caught my eye, and 17 million types of guns :eek:

It has a Fallout 3 vibe but i felt that the rpg element in that was far too slow for me, i like it fps shooter first then rpg attached to it not the orther way arround.
    I dont like the randomess in games especially level design. It strikes me as a lazy way out of designing the game and will mean that most of the missions will be add rinse repeat.

I played an old ps2 game, dark chronical i think with this and the dungeon levels were a chore.

I hope the game is good and proves me wrong, but i wont be buying it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Geff

Fnz wrote: »
    Are you being ironic? Fallout 3 was a PC crash-fest.

Having played the game and its DLC inside out including have some mods I don't think it ever crashed for me. Must be your system.
    Fallout 3 was fairly stable for me bar crash to desktop when exiting game, but nearly ever game on PC nowadays is considered a crash fest anyway.

Pretty general statement right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Was in game today and found that they were actually selling the game (didn't have it stock though >_>). I told the guy at the till that it wasn't supposed to be out till the 30th for PC he thus checked the release date chart and said it was the 23rd! 2K really screwed up with their orders it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jabbathehurt

I bought the ps3 version on friday, in gamestop for 40 quid.
    Good game but i've noticed a lot of frame rate drops when things get a bit hectic and more annoyingly sound cuts out or goes mute!
    Its getting a bit tedious, is it any thing to do with the firmware update that was included on the disc?
    Is this just my copy or is it the ps3 build of the game?

• Advertisement

Good game but i've noticed a lot of frame rate drops when things get a bit hectic and more annoyingly sound cuts out or goes mute!
    Its getting a bit tedious, is it any thing to do with the firmware update that was included on the disc?

Can't say I noticed this even slightly on the xbox version

I have PS3 version and haven't experienced any of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Pretty tempted to go down and buy this right now, and its only 35 euro.
    Do you need mates for the multiplayer aspect or can you just play with randomers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Theres a lobby thingy that shows u the people playing open games and what level they are and what mission they are doing ect. Pretty handy.

I'm surprised how much i'm enjoying this game. Its great fun and has lots of different guns.

I've only done solo to lv11. Need to do some co-op but most of the rooms today were around the lv4-5 or lv20-25.

Geff wrote: »
    Having played the game and its DLC inside out including have some mods I don't think it ever crashed for me. Must be your system.

Didn't mean for my Fallout 3 remark to go on this long but I'd say my crashing problems could also have been due to my Nvidia drivers. However I had used 4 or so revisions and had troubles each time... and only ever issues while playing that game.

I want to say "many people found the game buggy" but I guess that's always the impression you get when you're looking through forums, trying to resolve problems you're having with a game. Specifically remember (some) people with quad core processors having to set the game to restrict use to two of the cores, due to the game crashing when they went into small rooms (such as the restroom). I got BSOD every time I tried to enter one side of the
    Bethesda Building
    as well.

The game defeated my patience in the end, lol. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

It's been a while since I've played a game that's consistently held my attention so long. I've been playing it non-stop since friday afternoon. I've gotten to the credits, have 840 or so GS in it and am on level 41 on the Hunter class and I just want more!

The second playthrough is even tougher. All enemies start on level 35 or so, so it's really a challenge, which makes this game excellent for the replayability factor. I haven't even touched the other classes yet either so it's something to really look forward to. The alien guns you find in the game are also awesome. There's one I deemed the Dildo Gun since it pretty much looks like one. :D

Planning on hitting level 50 today!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Only started playing this on 360 today, currently only lvl 7 but so far its a hell of a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Dcully wrote: »
    Only started playing this on pc today, currently only lvl 7 but so far its a hell of a lot of fun.

How did you manage to play it on the PC yet? Not out till Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Dcully wrote: »
    Only started playing this on pc today, currently only lvl 7 but so far its a hell of a lot of fun.

pirate ? :pac:

Advertisement