Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It's been a while since I've played a game that's consistently held my attention so long. I've been playing it non-stop since friday afternoon. I've gotten to the credits, have 840 or so GS in it and am on level 41 on the Hunter class and I just want more!

The second playthrough is even tougher. All enemies start on level 35 or so, so it's really a challenge, which makes this game excellent for the replayability factor. I haven't even touched the other classes yet either so it's something to really look forward to. The alien guns you find in the game are also awesome. There's one I deemed the Dildo Gun since it pretty much looks like one. :D

Planning on hitting level 50 today!

Slept much over the week end ? :D

Did you do all the side missions? I'm on level 30 and only just got to Old Haven, was wondering how far I had to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

calex71 wrote: »
    Slept much over the week end ? :D

Did you do all the side missions? I'm on level 30 and only just got to Old Haven, was wondering how far I had to go?

Slept plenty. ;)

Yeah, level 30 around that point sounds about the same for me, did a fair few side missions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Anybody know the cheapest places to get the PC Version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

BOFH_139 wrote: »

Ask Dcully how much it cost him. ;)
    Dcully wrote: »
    Only started playing this on pc today, currently only lvl 7 but so far its a hell of a lot of fun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Feck sake what a typo lol, im playing on the 360 [well i am when my son lets me near it]
    Hes at lvl 14 last i checked, i thought it would be a bit complicated for a 7 year old but he seems to be managing it ok.
    Ive being hopping from pc to 360 so much this week playing fifa2010 on 360 and pes 10 on pc, thats my excuse for typo and im sticking to it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

BOFH_139 wrote: »

i got it for 35 euro in gamestop
    just checked thehut.com and its 28.50 there.

thats all i know

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dcully wrote: »
    Feck sake what a typo lol, im playing on the 360
    We believe you :P

I'll probably pick this up for the PC once it is realeased. I like the look of it, and co-op is always fun so why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

Spunge wrote: »
    i got it for 35 euro in gamestop
    just checked thehut.com and its 28.50 there.

thats all i know

So its out for PC? This thread is mighty confusing with the release date! I'd read it was out on the 26th... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Wossack wrote: »
    So its out for PC? This thread is mighty confusing with the release date! I'd read it was out on the 26th... :confused:

i bought a copy of it in gamestop donaghmede yesterday, yes a pc version, and yes its working, and more importantly, yes its awesome :)
    it was €34.99 and well worth every penny or cent if ye like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

i bought a copy of it in gamestop donaghmede yesterday, yes a pc version, and yes its working, and more importantly, yes its awesome :)

great stuff, thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

What class is most people playing?

I'm a lv20 soldier with heavy gunner class mod. Have all my points in infantry as it gives the best firepower for solo play.

I'm thinking of starting again as siren as it seems to be a good dps class rather then support like soldier. Also phasewalking seems more useful then turret.

Turret is a good decoy for shield regen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

am trying to figure out which one i like playing best before going online with it.
    I have tried brick, roland and lilith so far to about level 20 on each, brick is probably the hardest one to play at first, but it gets a lot easier, lilith is hard too but does an enormous amount of damage when you start getting skills up, roland is an all rounder i think, optional for support or not.

i think the main thing that borderlands does is it makes you think tacticly about how you're gonna waste the next bunch of freaks that're trying to kill you, each class is different in that respect, some can just run in and nuke the crap out of everything, whereas others need to be way more cautious and use cover etc..

really suprised how well they managed the rpg elements, although in fairness i think it needs a patch or two to be a finely polished product.
    It is Very addictive all the same :D

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Just after picking this up in gamestop in kilkenny for the pc! Guessing they didn't realise it's not out till friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Really liking this game, but finding it tough. I'm about level 11 or 12, still in the Arid Wastelands, taking missions that are "normal" difficulty (i.e. ones that are managable for my level) and I'm getting my ass kicked by Elder and Demented warthog thingies.

As I level up it'll get easier, but its a slog. Brilliant game though....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Regretting I bought this on steam now :/ 45 euro and have to wait and wait and wait. Seems it doesn't even use steam for matchmaking or friends! Has to use gamespy! :/

i thought we can't play till the 30th :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mr E wrote: »

As I level up it'll get easier, but its a slog. Brilliant game though....

It'll be easier till you move to the next area where there will be tougher enemies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Spunge wrote: »
    i thought we can't play till the 30th :confused:

I bought PC version today in gamestop, and its working fine! Loving it so far!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Right thats it,Im going to my local gamestop tomorrow and seeing if they have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Right thats it,Im going to my local gamestop tomorrow and seeing if they have it.

Thinking about doing that myself...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Actually I'll ring them first save me the journey if they dont have it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

This is a pretty decent game tbh, it ticks all the right boxes. 1st and foremost its a shooter and the basic game of shoot and make dead is pretty good. Guns feel right a bit weedy re you get a handgun that does 5 damage, you know there is one that does 99 out there somehwere. Movement is good, plenty of space to kill anything and cover if you need it.

very enjoyable so far, its not fal out in story depth but its a very very good shooter with some extras added on that actually fit into the game leveling up etc:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Got 1000GS in it today, trading it in for Tekken 6 on friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Really need to play this on coop but all my mates have refused to buy it =/

Stev_o wrote: »
    Really need to play this on coop but all my mates have refused to buy it =/

pc ? :D

Is this similiar to fallout 3?

Is this similiar to fallout 3?

Not in the slightest tbh, its a shooter and a very good one. It does have levelling up and skill points tho which actually work in the game very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

dreamers75 wrote: »
    pc ? :D

Yup level 11 at the moment how bout yourself? Many of the guys on the TS forum get it?

Been playing for the last hour or 2 on pc.
    runs well mostly but some slowdown to 30fps when there is far distance on screen. Love the graphics style.

Its quite addictive in an rpg sort of way but the combat is fun because its fps run and gun.Have to wait and see if it gets better or gets old.

Tried to play online but every game times out. I forwarded about 10 different ports but it seems to be a common problem.

Also, is it true pirates can play online the same as legit players?

• Advertisement

Stev_o wrote: »
    Yup level 11 at the moment how bout yourself? Many of the guys on the TS forum get it?

i level 7 waiting on gay mates to get it to go further. pog has it but think he sick atm.

Advertisement