Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Spunge wrote: »

Also, is it true pirates can play online the same as legit players?

yup

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

dreamers75 wrote: »
    i level 7 waiting on gay mates to get it to go further. pog has it but think he sick atm.

Cool shall try and get on mumble during the week then a give it a run with you's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Anyone know how much the console versions are in xtravision?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Think it was 45 in xtravision. Cheaper elsewhere apparently. (PS3 that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

man its really hard to find a working game online, let alone a game where you are the same level as the other guys.

• Advertisement

Just played an online game, alot easier than playing solo imo! I was level 7 playing with another 7, a 10 and a 13. Pretty good, only downside was that they didn't have mics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Yeah, a mic is mandatory for online from my experience, shooting at weapons to indicate the other player to pick it up gets annoying fast.

Just after killing the Rakk Hive myself, quite easy compared to other bosses.

Anyone fancy agame PC?

im level 7

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Anyone fancy agame PC?

im level 7

Steam wont release it till tomorrow. Ill have it then.

I'm really confused as to whether i should play online all the or play single player... Seem to be getting a shed load more exp online. But then again i think i'm missing out on new better guns...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

What a game, got it for 360 the other day but my son is hogging that so i just had to grab the pc version today which looks even better.
    Easily one of the best if not the best games of the year.
    When i heard gearbox developed i was skeptical but bloody hell they have a real masterpiece on their hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Bloody fun game. Diablo 2 with guns is pretty accurate. Wade through hordes of enemies, kill them in the face, and nick their stuff, then go and kill BIGGER enemies. It's fun enough in single player, if quite difficult. Co-op is pretty slick. It's damned stylish. I approve.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got this in gamestop today for 35 euro,Im hoping its worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Anyone fancy agame PC?

im level 7

I'd be up for some co-op, if anyone else is let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tampler

Played it on PC last night, right after Steam unlocked it.
    I like it so far. Performance is good, especially on my old PC, (still has a good old pentium 4 :P)

Thankfully, I have a full weekend to get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

Got this in gamestop today for 35 euro,Im hoping its worth it.

45 quid in the Game in the Square Tallaght :eek:

feckers

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Have to say I love the song during the opening sequence! Haven't been able to stop playing this!

Have to say, the "bazillions" if guns available is actually quite tedious, i spend about 15 miuntes every hour of playing trying to figure out which ones have the best specs :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Does anyone not find it a bit repetitive yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

How? It's a very simple comparison or damage, reload time and rate of fire, with whatever bonuses are in the lower tab. You can tell at a glance if one gun is more useful than the oher. Pick the one you like, sell all the rest.

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote: »
    How? It's a very simple comparison or damage, reload time and rate of fire, with whatever bonuses are in the lower tab. You can tell at a glance if one gun is more useful than the oher. Pick the one you like, sell all the rest.

Dunno really... Are the bonus specs included in the specs shown or are they on top of the specs shown?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I went with the Siren. Ill be on tonight if anyone wants a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'm really confused as to whether i should play online all the or play single player... Seem to be getting a shed load more exp online. But then again i think i'm missing out on new better guns...

Both. Good exp from groups and some areas are easier to clear but with solo you keep all the purples for yourself. Though there is meant to be a better purple drop rate in co-op

Mumble is 84.203.243.163 and default port.

be on mumble about 8 if anyone fancys a game?

I have 7mb eircom whoever beats that is the host :D

The hosts game gets completed the clients get to keep any goodies they find in the hosts game and can level up fairly ****ing quickly by playing it online. Its like pausing your own game and levelling up anyway playing someone elses.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

borderland.jpg

heh pup skag wait till you meet a ****ing Fire skag and theres 4 of them :eek:

had an excellent game tonight with jumpy pog and numnutts, the game scales from normal to hard in split seconds. we struggled to get tru some parts and the end we mostly got raped.

running away is a solid tactic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

The way the coop drop in/out works is that only the person hosting gets to continue on from the gamesave but the others get to keep all the goodies and the level ups to bring back to their own game which remains where they were. Pretty cool.

The game is amazing fun with 4, needs voice tho as it gets pretty frantic. The special weapon is great, as soldier I could spawn a shielded turret which restores ammo and health if You stand close. I need to try the other classes some other time but I'm finding the amount of weapons a little annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Oh yeah been meaning a guide to tweaking things in the game like disabling constant chat.

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=79043

Stev_o wrote: »
    Oh yeah been meaning a guide to tweaking things in the game like disabling constant chat.

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=79043

That mic thing didnt work for me on windows 7, lads were bitching at me all night over it :D

Im level 13 and i have a level 15 Sniper rifle that explodes heads, dying to use it :)

Playing online when loot drops is funny ****, doenst matter whats going on if something blue pops up all 4 players leggit over to it regardless of enemies :)

I be online around 6ish if anyone wants a game. Needs a few ports opened list of them on the GB forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    The way the coop drop in/out works is that only the person hosting gets to continue on from the gamesave but the others get to keep all the goodies and the level ups to bring back to their own game which remains where they were. Pretty cool.

When u complete a mission in co-op its done when u go back to play single player.

Advertisement