Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Is there a thread for PC gamers of this game to post their gamespy usernames so they can meet online? Would help to find others online in the evening rather than suffering with pubbies doing leeroy jenkins impressions :mad:

My gamespy name is: L31mr0d

Started the game yesterday at around 11am and this morning (yes I got 30 minutes in before heading to work :p) I'm at lvl22.

Played with a few lvl26'rs yesterday when I was at lvl15 and it was pointless, literally being hit once would disable me and my weapons where next to useless. The only benefit is getting XP, but it amounts to just trailing behind the team, staying out of danger, and waiting until the path is clear.

Also I picked soldier as my class. He's good, but he's really useless without a team. He's more like a support character, he can erect a turret that acts as a shield and ammo/health regen area. He also has the special ability of being able to heal teammates when he shoots them (which is pretty cool actually as it also works with grenades)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Siren is just crazy. Weak as piss at the start and now super explody hand to hand psycho.

All I hear latey when I pop out of the invis mode is OH MY GOD MY FACE, MY FAAAACE (I have acid explosion on)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

yeah sirens are awesome, i have an SMG mercenary mod and maxxing out my smg profieciency, at 31 now, and i'm fairly much unstoppable

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Wouldn't mind having a bash of Co-op sometime. I'm lvl19, just after defeating that truck guy in the arena and into the next area. Completely forgot about the side quests on the boards but damn do they give you some XP when you remember !

Actually, anyone else pick up the shotgun with the scope on it ? 60+ accuracy with 50 damage each shot, I've 3 different types in my weapons list for some exploding head action all of the time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

My issues with the game are minor. An overview map would be nice, im going to make one later. yeah thats pretty much it oh and names on the buildings where people like shep sanders are just so i know. Even a marker system so i could click on it and type and then on the overview map i could go to sheps gaff. Seriously thats all my issues with it, runs fine and is lag free. gayspy id is kdjacl09 Hunter Assassin Level 24ish bascially a sniper

• Advertisement

I've got a private game setup now if anyone wants to join it. Just add me as a friend.
    skagzilla
    on my own was not fun :p

udp 7777
    tcp 7777
    udp 28900
    udp 27900
    udp 28910

For anyone interested:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=942810&topic=51910777

Going to use it later as my main gripe currently is the size of your inventory. I like to have a few different weapons handy at all times so I usually only have a handful of slots free for weapons to sell. Thanks to my inventory size I accidentally lost an excellent shield I had when it automatically dropped it when I tried to pick up another one when my inventory was full :( horrible thing about this game is I know I will probably never find one like it again, at least not until I level a fair bit.

Also, another problem with having a small inventory size is playing with Marshbaboon, someone dropped a weapon to give to me, but as my inventory was full I went in to see if there was anything I could drop. While I was doing that he'd ran over, picked up the weapon I was about to pick up and ran off with it... god damn it :mad: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Wait, did the shield you have equipped vanish when ya equipped the new one, rather than drop to the ground???

Thats rough, had something similar when I auto-equipped a ****ty class mod and lost my very nice Ammo Regen +11 one, only noticed when I ran out of ammo and had just cleared my backpack and moved location (so the buyback menu reset).

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Wait, did the shield you have equipped vanish when ya equipped the new one, rather than drop to the ground???

Well it probably did drop to the ground, but as I thought at the time that I had just picked it up, rather than replacing my shield I didn't stop to check where it was and just kept on moving. I was playing on my own so no chance of a teammate picking it up :( only noticed it was gone later as it was a health regen shield and I was crouched waiting behind cover for my shields to recharge and noticed my health wasn't increasing... felt gutted :(

I'm sure I'll get a shield much bigger and better later on when I level up.

Also, does anyone know what the multiplier beside the weapon dmg mean? Like if it says 50 then flashes x10... does that mean it's actually doing 500 dmg per shot? Why doesn't it just say 500?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Also, does anyone know what the multiplier beside the weapon dmg mean? Like if it says 50 then flashes x10... does that mean it's actually doing 500 dmg per shot? Why doesn't it just say 500?

it means it fires 10x times per shot, but theres no guarantee all will hit what you're aiming at - makes sence for the shotguns, and why they're so much lethalier(?) close range, higher chance of all pellets hitting the target

The elemental multiplier is a bit of mystery to me though... the x1/x2/x3 etc under the symbol for the fire/lightning etc... wassat mean?

Wossack wrote: »
    The elemental multiplier is a bit of mystery to me though... the x1/x2/x3 etc under the symbol for the fire/lightning etc... wassat mean?

I took it to mean that it was referring to the likely hood of one of your shots using that elemental ability. So a x3 multiplier makes it 3 times more likely that your shots will use the elemental effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Wossack wrote: »
    it means it fires 10x times per shot, but theres no guarantee all will hit what you're aiming at - makes sence for the shotguns, and why they're so much lethalier(?) close range, higher chance of all pellets hitting the target

maybe it's multiple stacks of the DoT

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

could very well be either of those!

I'm half thinking its the damage multiplier the standard damage undergoes when the elemental effect proc's, but... god knows!

For anyone interested:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=942810&topic=51910777

Going to use it later as my main gripe currently is the size of your inventory. I like to have a few different weapons handy at all times so I usually only have a handful of slots free for weapons to sell. Thanks to my inventory size I accidentally lost an excellent shield I had when it automatically dropped it when I tried to pick up another one when my inventory was full :( horrible thing about this game is I know I will probably never find one like it again, at least not until I level a fair bit.

Also, another problem with having a small inventory size is playing with Marshbaboon, someone dropped a weapon to give to me, but as my inventory was full I went in to see if there was anything I could drop. While I was doing that he'd ran over, picked up the weapon I was about to pick up and ran off with it... god damn it :mad: :D

If you repair the various robots around the place you get inventory expansions.
    I have 24 slots now, I rarely fill it unless the value of the drop is over 1000.

Jumpy wrote: »
    I have 24 slots now, I rarely fill it unless the value of the drop is over 1000.

Yes but I'm lvl25 now and everything is usually worth over 1000. I've stopped picking up white items altogether and most pistols (as I never use them and they aren't worth much)

Yeah that link I posted is a guide to finding the robots. Can you stack your slots with other players? I mean if fix a robot in my game and then go into a friends game before they've completed that and fix the robot again will I get more slots?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Really enjoying it, and to my amazement it runs pretty well on my old ass 7600GS.

Would love to see it in 1920x1080 shiny though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Yeah that link I posted is a guide to finding the robots. Can you stack your slots with other players? I mean if fix a robot in my game and then go into a friends game before they've completed that and fix the robot again will I get more slots?

I dont think so, repairing the robots are all individual missions and you cannot accept the same mission twice, so no backpack upgrade. Im not 100% but it would be a bit stupid for Gearbox to allow such a loophole to exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

im lvl 10 anyone around that want to co-op ?

Yes but I'm lvl25 now and everything is usually worth over 1000. I've stopped picking up white items altogether and most pistols (as I never use them and they aren't worth much)

Ooops, I was too lazy to click the link.

• Advertisement

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    I dont think so, repairing the robots are all individual missions and you cannot accept the same mission twice, so no backpack upgrade. Im not 100% but it would be a bit stupid for Gearbox to allow such a loophole to exist.

there is a loophole like it, if i complete 4 or 5 missions and dont turn in. Then invite l1emrod into a game and cash in he gets the XP. And thats how he is level 25 :D went from 5 to 9 in about 4 seconds :)

Altho something disturbs me about this game people are playing it for the levelling rather than the story/game. Very strange a mate of mine is level 25 but still hasnt met TK BAHA in his own game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

A word of warning, My PC crashed while i was playing and after reboot when i tried to go into single player got the general protection fault, reinstalled twice with no success, third time i removed my save file and voila it worked, feckin crash had corrupted my save.:(

The moral of the story,backup your save file !

Saw this on the borderlands forums,thought it might come in handy; a batch file to backup save files and launch the game ;)
    http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=80930

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Up to about level 14 in this now after a couple of sittings.

It really is a shallow game but strangely addictive. Without a doubt the closest game to it is Diablo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

dreamers75 wrote: »

Altho something disturbs me about this game people are playing it for the levelling rather than the story/game. Very strange a mate of mine is level 25 but still hasnt met TK BAHA in his own game

did he just go exploring and grinding on mobs?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Is there going to be DLC to provide an actual ending to the game?

did he just go exploring and grinding on mobs?

If you join other peoples games you do their quests and any you may have. You may not ever meet TK.

Jumpy wrote: »
    If you join other peoples games you do their quests and any you may have. You may not ever meet TK.

I think the coop feels messy. It works, but in regards to storyline, I think every important dialogue sequence should go to a cutscene that everyone on the team sees, regardless of where they are.

In coop there's an awful lot of running about and then waiting around for people to buy, sell and swap stuff. I think I only have a fair understanding of what's going on because I forced myself to do the first 15% of the game mostly on my own to meet the characters and get the jist of the plot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Level 15 atm and im stuck on a boss called sledge,trying to level up more so I can beat his ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Level 15 atm and im stuck on a boss called sledge,trying to level up more so I can beat his ass.

Same here man, seen that fella yesterday and knew I had no chance, but couldnt get back up and out. Will be back later on :P

I have a feeling im missing out on quests and areas, I dont seem to know wheres best to go at each level. Do you finish the zones then move on or do half the quests in them then go back to the previous zones to finish the second half and so on, im not sure

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

IgsTer wrote: »
    Same here man, seen that fella yesterday and knew I had no chance, but couldnt get back up and out. Will be back later on :P

I have a feeling im missing out on quests and areas, I dont seem to know wheres best to go at each level. Do you finish the zones then move on or do half the quests in them then go back to the previous zones to finish the second half and so on, im not sure

A lot of quests are level specific and will appear on bounty boards that you'll need to go back to. You should be notified of available quests when you change area by the claptraps.

Advertisement