Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Level 15 atm and im stuck on a boss called sledge,trying to level up more so I can beat his ass.
    Yeah I was stuck on him too. There is a trick to beating him though -
    The 2 doors at the start of the section, stick your head in, fire some shots at him and get out again. He'll come over to the doors. Try to lure him out. He'll probably kill you in the process. When you respawn (or if you manage to get away alive), just snipe him from the end of the corridor and he won't come after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

the trick i used on sledge wasnt really a trick..
    use a corrosive gun, pistol or whatever else, fire, acid, shock or explosive, they all do decent damage to him, acid is probably the best, also, proximity grenades, or corrosive/fire mirvs, seem to destroy him fairly quick.
    stay out of his line of sight as much as possible, you can run a lap around the entire arena, kill off the standard mobs with special attacks or melee and spank them to death :)
    The most important thing is to listen to what the guardian angel says prior to the fight, dont let him near you or touch you..

I tried this with mordecai and ran out of ammo using standard damage guns, the corrosive ones do make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

All you have to do is
    crouch behind the metal panels in the main room, he won't walk around to shoot you. All you have to do then is pop up, blast away and pop down again before he shoots you, his melee attack won't do any damage either

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Have done him twice both in groups, shock revolver murders him in seconds.

Anyone playing PC?

need to power level my new character :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thanks for the advice,I'll try it after the liverpool match :pac:

old haven is cheap respawning Crimson Soldiers are a ****

Finished it tonight, bit easy tbh towards the end.

didnt feel like an end of game more like a mini mission before the biggie, and then it was over :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Just got this in the post (PC version). I'm hearing that there are many annoying bugs – (eg. text not displaying properly). Should I hold out for a patch, as I've plenty to keep me going, or are the bugs not that distracting?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

didnt notice any bugs personally, though I didnt read too much of the text...

played right though unhindered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Finished it tonight, bit easy tbh towards the end.

didnt feel like an end of game more like a mini mission before the biggie, and then it was over :confused:

I didnt realise you could fast travel from the boss. So when I ran out of ammo I was trying to melee it thinking "this is the hardest boss ever"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

A lot of the more annoying glitches are dealt with here;

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=79043

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

just an fyi, 1.01 patch out yesterday - 180mb :o

just bug fixes afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Just started playing it yesterday and am loving it so far. Definitely a must for anybody trying to wean themselves off WOW!
    If anybody on Psn fancies a game sometime, send a request to tmoneh...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I've just baited and killed the Skagzilla
    - how much of the game do I have left?

Hours and hours. I finished it last night, and
    Skagzilla
    is a distant memory.
    Took me about 32 hours and I was level 36 when I finished it (I did all side missions).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Mr E wrote: »
    Took me about 32 hours and I was level 36 when I finished it (I did all side missions).

Same here. Was at the same lvl also when I finished it. I found they dropped the ball in regards to leveling. If you did the side missions you quickly being overpowered when doing the main missions, which made them boring. IMO the lvl of the main missions should of scaled proportional to your characters lvl.

Also, it got to a point where doing the side missions was utterly pointless. Their lvl was so low as well as the XP reward that it made doing them boring and irrelevant due to not being a challenge. A dynamic lvling system would of worked a lot better and retained the challenge element.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Shryke wrote: »
    Chances are I will get Fallout anyway. ;)

As for not expecting good narrative in games, bull****. Games are a perfectly fine medium for story telling. Just look at Half Life as an excellent example.
    I might add you'll find the majority of books/TV shows/graphic novels or whatever are utterly useless also. It's the good stuff I read and watch, and also play.
    The fact that this is a FPS RPG made me think it would be a good single player experience. The fact that it seemingly could have been if it wasn't skewed for the multiplayer market disappoints. And it's a valid point if you ask me.
    And I'm not big on the sax, or dance "music".

Bioshock was a nice narrative, pity 2 will be just as above :(

L31mr0d wrote: »
    A dynamic lvling system would of worked a lot better and retained the challenge element.
    Yep, fair comment. Having said that, if I hadn't done all those side missions, I'd have struggled on
    the big crimson level with the 3 communication towers, and the Eridian Promontry)
    . Are you going to get the Dr. Ned expansion pack on Wednesday? Its supposed to auto-scale to your current level, so it'll be quite a challenge.

• Advertisement

Started a second playthrough with my level 36 Hunter. Bloody hell, its a good bit harder. On the first kill the Skags mission (the 2nd or 3rd mission in the game), I had 2 Feral Skags that took multiple clips from my very fast elemental machine gun before they went down. I'd hate to see how much punishment
    Mo and Marley (and Skagzilla!)
    will take....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Started playing this a few days ago, and really enjoying it. I actually look forward to finding that next upgrade to my sniper rifle. Running into some tough enemies, though i think i'm underlevelled for some of the area's that im going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Has anyone played it through with Brick yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Jumpy wrote: »
    Has anyone played it through with Brick yet?

Once, yes. Played it coop with another Brick and Siren. Was fun double-teaming bosses with the Brick's melee rage special attack. :D

Anyone grab the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned? Its not your usual thrown-together DLC - its a fully realised story in completely new environments. The zombies are a great enemy, and are very silent and deadly - the f****rs will sneak up behind you and bite you in the ass. Nice change of pace too. Its very easy to get swarmed if you are too slow, and they do respawn. There are some nice L4D-ish horde battles where it gets very frantic.

The dialog is bloody hilarious - the intro is great, the new claptrap is funny as hell, and the new characters are a good addition. Enjoying it so far.... Anyone else try it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well its not up on the EU PSN yet, we gotta wait for the late Thursday/early Friday weekly update :(

Looks real good though, I wanna see how many of the pricks come shuffling at ya with 4 players :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Haven't even completed the main game yet, i'm one or 2 missions after killing
    That guy in the vehicle
    . Am i far off?

Haven't even completed the main game yet, i'm one or 2 missions after killing
    That guy in the vehicle
    . Am i far off?

About 7 areas to go, game gets bigger soon :D

Once you beat that guy, you open up a new hub called New Haven with a big bunch of new maps (you won't go back to Dahl Headlands or Fyrestone ever again). More than 7 maps too, I think - at least 15 big areas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yeah, the game is quite linear (if you can call it that) up until the point where you beat
    mad mel
    , when it really opens up to you.

Got to level 26 and decided that I didn't like the soldier that much (he's not all that fun to play as solo), so started a new game as Lilith and I'm kicking a serious amount of ass now! Phasewalking is quite possibly my favourite weapon in a game, ever!
    The healing options on the leftmost skill upgrades are great as well, means you can get away with using shields without health recharge

Advertisement