Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Ah balls.. Last time i played the game I tried to fight that massive flying thing (I've forgotten the names of the NPCs at this stage) and i got my ass handed to me on a silver plate.. that was about 3 weeks ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah balls.. Last time i played the game I tried to fight that massive flying thing (I've forgotten the names of the NPCs at this stage) and i got my ass handed to me on a silver plate.. that was about 3 weeks ago..

Yep, I did too, until I figured out you can
    hide from him. There is a covered area just beside the entrance to the mines at the bottom left corner of the map. Hide under it, and pop out to take some shots at the bird, then duck back in to recover/reload and avoid his bombing run. The bird follows a pretty linear flight pattern, so its easy to figure out where he is going to be. Takes about 10 minutes to beat him with a good sniper rifle and machine gun.
    Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

That quest was one of the main reasons I started again as a Siren:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Does anyone know what the damage stat X(n) means? eg gun with damage 10 / X7. Is this your chance to get a crit? or is it the amount of simultaneous projectiles that fire every shot? :confused:

Its the damage per projectile... So hit someone with a shotty in the head at point blank range and you'll see some brain matter flying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I had to give up on that mission and revisit it at a far higher level. I think the recommended level was 21 or something like that. I beat it at 27.

tman wrote: »
    Its the damage per projectile... So hit someone with a shotty in the head at point blank range and you'll see some brain matter flying
    I think it means something different for elemental weapons (x2/x3/x4 on shock/fire/corrosive). Its the amount of damage done after your shot hits -- you see damage numbers flying over their heads for up to 10 seconds after the shot hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Did the bird with 2 cars driving in circles popping off shots while it chased the other.

Dont think either of us took a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Do certain weapons have more of an effect on certain npcs? I've just gone into the
    place in New Haven where you collect crystals and fought the bad ass spider in there, took me an age to kill him because i was hitting 8's with a 90 per shot weapon....

Do certain weapons have more of an effect on certain npcs? I've just gone into the
    place in New Haven where you collect crystals and fought the bad ass spider in there, took me an age to kill him because i was hitting 8's with a 90 per shot weapon....

You really need to find out their crit point and focus fire on that do deal proper damage. (possibly their abdomen iirc, but its hard to get to unless you can stun...)
    Shock is good vs shields
    Fire vs flesh
    Corrosive against heavily armoured insects
    Exploding seems to be crap against everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Cant remember what level I was when I killed Mothrakk, but I just used a vehicle with a machinegun and auto-targeted her and held the fire button for 5mins :D didnt even have to move....

CC

Spiders shoot them from behind, using special weapons the exploding one works well on most of them. ie dont use blue on blue etc:

Think i was doing 2000 damage with some of my sniper rifles.

Had 3 snipers, a revolver and an exploding SMG pretty much took care of everything. small arms for anything that got too close.

I'm about a quarter through my second playthrough (just beat
    Sledge and finished most Arid Badlands missions
    ). Some of the guns I'm finding are unreal.... not too many orange ones, but its only a matter of time. Its getting very tactical now - you can't walk out into the open with lots of enemies around or you'll get cut to ribbons.

Just started my second playthrough and loving it all over again... Strange that some of the regular baddies seem tougher than the bosses now (
    Nearly got owned by someone outside nine toes' hideout, but totally hammered the actual boss...
    )
    I'm about to purchase the DLC, but not sure if I should start it now or when I'm actually having difficulty with the second playthrough and need to go up an extra level or two...

I finished the DLC during the week, it was very easy even on playthrough 2, I was lv 50 and the zombies were 43 iirc :confused: ,didn't get any better weapons that I had from the main game either. Worth the money tho....

CC

PC DLC came out yesterday, installing now.

Anyone else get it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I've got the retail disc version, what's the best way to get the DLC through the official site? It's half the price on steam but I can only use a Steam version right?

With other games that end up on steam, you can just enter the cd key from the box and it will be added to your steam account... not sure if this is still the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

Just finished the main game. thought it was a great game well worth the buy
    but Was anyone really dissapointed at the ending? and the bosses were so easy compared to the normal enemies.lol at the giant elephant vagina face monster/hive though:P

Yep, I'd agree with your comment about the
    ending.... anti-climax or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

Mr E wrote: »
    Yep, I'd agree with your comment about the
    ending.... anti-climax or what?
    The whole game is like the vault the vault blah blah then a big dramatic storyline and you kill this big monster yoke but then she goes ' um yeah vault wont be open again for another 200 years ah well might as well make a few bob from selling the key you spent the whole game trying to get'! wtf is up with her anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Point of the vault was not to be a treasure vault, but more of a prison vault that housed the alien that tried to take over the world.

Pretty smart IMO, Gearbox made us get obsessed and overwhelmed by our own greed, got us thinking about ultimate weapons & unlimited oranges.

Think about it this way, the 'VAULT' is a 'BOX'. Nobody knows whats in the box. The box is located on planet, 'PANDORA'

PANDORA'S BOX.

You have just been enlightened, that will be 5 euro :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

CombatCow wrote: »
    I finished the DLC during the week, it was very easy even on playthrough 2, I was lv 50 and the zombies were 43 iirc :confused: ,didn't get any better weapons that I had from the main game either. Worth the money tho....

CC

I started the DLC when i was level 25 and the zombies were around the same level. I think the level of the zombies must be based on what level the player is at when they begin the DLC. I think the DLC is great. It actually gives value for money as there is a lot to do. Some DLC for other games on the PS3 is often too short or too easy.

The next DLC is called "The Secret Armory of General Knoxx" and will raise the level cap. Nice.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/01/29/blands-the-secret-armory-of-general-knoxx/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I've just started this on the PC and I love it. Quite surprised at how well it runs too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Bought this before Christmas, but only getting into it now. Chose Hunter as my class, and finding some places extremely tough where the emphasis is on close quarter combat, maybe I just became to reliant on the sniper or something.

Game has some things that really annoy me though, specifically the audio. Grenades don't make a sound. Sometimes enemies don't make a sound until they are literally in the middle of attacking. Makes the game an absolute nightmare when you're scoped in and lose your peripheral vision. The amount of times I die because of some psycho running up to me with a grenade in his hand without warning really does my head in. Major design flaw imo.

Bought this before Christmas, but only getting into it now. Chose Hunter as my class, and finding some places extremely tough where the emphasis is on close quarter combat, maybe I just became to reliant on the sniper or something.

Find an elemental SMG prefarbly explosive :D

I was a hunter too, 3 snipers rifles an explosive SMG and electric revolver pretty much nailed anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Game has some things that really annoy me though, specifically the audio. Grenades don't make a sound. Sometimes enemies don't make a sound until they are literally in the middle of attacking. Makes the game an absolute nightmare when you're scoped in and lose your peripheral vision. The amount of times I die because of some psycho running up to me with a grenade in his hand without warning really does my head in. Major design flaw imo.

Weird. I find the audio is fine. My biggest gripe is the damage direction indicator can be a bit quirky at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Find an elemental SMG prefarbly explosive :D

I was a hunter too, 3 snipers rifles an explosive SMG and electric revolver pretty much nailed anything.

Have a Shock SMG, finding it useless though at the moment,
    in Old haven all my current weapons seem to do very little damage to the armour with the exception of the RPG. Is it corrosive weapons I need to get for the Crimson Lance guys?

There are number of other things that really annoy me though. One is the drive by mouse thing on the PC port. Like, WTF? Have the developers completely ignored every other first person game that involved driving vehicles? Took me a long time to get used to.

The other is a lack of a minimap on the HUD. Cue having to press M repeatedly every 10-15 seconds to ensure I haven't missed that hidden entrance. Just seems to be a very basic error not to have the above.

There are loads of other little things too that I can't seem to change. Like being able to toggle crouch yet not scope, the exact opposite of most other first person shooters I play.

Frustrating little annoyances that seriously detract from my enjoyment of what otherwise is a pretty good game. Needed to vent about it :)

• Advertisement

I had an eletric revolver that did 750 damage and a sniper close to 1000.

The revolver tore the crimson apart in one shot.

Advertisement