Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Barnes sacked

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Didn't even know he was managing tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

an horrendous manager.

good luck to him whatever he goes on to do, because if there's any justice in the world, it won't be as a football manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Wasnt trigger his right hand man?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Trilla wrote: »

He was indeed.

Good luck to Barnesy cos he was a brilliant player, unfortunately it doesn't always work out that great players make great managers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

I hear George Gillete is lining him up as next liverpool manager!

Poor John, fantastic player, obviously not really working out on the management side of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Trilla wrote: »

Trigger and Digger......sounds like a kids tv show, and maybe their management style was the same! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

aaronh007 wrote: »
    He was indeed.

Good luck to Barnesy cos he was a brilliant player, unfortunately it doesn't always work out that great players make great managers

Should have clicked on that link, he's gone too. Who thought it would be a good idea to appoint those two :)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Me and the lads were talking about this the other day, great player, not a manager though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

more like an awful manager tbh, 2 wins from 14 games, 1 draw and the rest losses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

As successfully predicted by me in the Prem match thread last weekend (only I said it would happen on Monday!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Funny thing about this is that the physio has been put in temporary charge...

The PHYSIO!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

anyone else remember him pulling the racist card when he was sacked as Celtic manager?? i take it they're all racists down in Tranmere too, and the real reason he was sacked is nothing to do with him being a piss poor manager, but because of the colour of his skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Didn't even know he was managing tbh

Snap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

He was indeed.

Absolutely no link between being a great player and being a great manager. But when the time comes, you can be sure that Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney etc will all be put forward by the media as potential managers. Daft really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Agreed. Sign of the times that a great player can for some reason become a great manager automatically. I mean look at Keane,Gullit,Barnes,Robson etc...all rubbish as managers but fantastic players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Funny thing about this is that the physio has been put in temporary charge...

The PHYSIO!!!
    Why not go right ahead and let the tea-lady have a go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Shearer for Tranmere?

Could be just what he needs to start his maangerial career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

That_Guy wrote: »
    Shearer for Tranmere?

Could be just what he needs to start his maangerial career.

See post #15 above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Good manager or not ye do know he was hired to be either

a) a big name
    who if things went wrong could become
    b)a quick scapegoat

the chairman sold the players from under him and brought no-one in,
    now its Barnes fault and the chariman gets a free(ish) ride

If he had done that while still under Moore there would have been war

then again dont let a lack of knowledge stop ye going on about how awful he is after a couple of months in the job
    and ye have managed Trammy to the prem in football manager:pac:

His own fault, idiot to take the job means he probably is an idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Agreed. Sign of the times that a great player can for some reason become a great manager automatically. I mean look at Keane,Gullit,Barnes,Robson etc...all rubbish as managers but fantastic players

pleeeeeeeeeeeeease don't start this one again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Should have stayed with Jamaica tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Rics

Tranny should never have sacked Ronnie Moore.

They finished 7th last season and only missed out on the P/O's on the final day.

And the reason given for his sacking? Attendances were falling and the chairman wanted a 'marquee' name :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

hahahahahahaha *holds for breath*......

hahahahahahaha!!!

sorry John, I loved him as a player, he was amazing for liverpool even through all the abuse he got but as a celtic fan, a very passionate celtic fan.. john barnes was a joke as a manager, and i remember the night at celtic park vs Inverness caley thistle where you couldnt even get a taxi in parkhead because of protests after losing.

the guy is a joke of a manager and im not surprised in the slightest, when i seen on sky sports news his appointment as manager Ive been betting against tranmere..

best of luck john! stay out of management.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Rics wrote: »
    Tranny should never have sacked Ronnie Moore.

They finished 7th last season and only missed out on the P/O's on the final day.

And the reason given for his sacking? Attendances were falling and the chairman wanted a 'marquee' name :rolleyes:

+1 thumbs up

Advertisement