Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll: If the Greens resign from the government now and force an election, can they...

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I think we need the greens in government ATM but not this government.

Unless they get serious political reform and serious policy changes they should walk.

If they walk, I'll give them a preference next time. If they stay and get changes I deem worthy, I'd give them a preference. Anything else and I'll find it difficult to ever trust them again.

Really depends on what they achieve in these talks TBH. It has to be monumental and I can't see FF caving to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭SeanW

thebman wrote: »
    Really depends on what they achieve in these talks TBH. It has to be monumental and I can't see FF caving to it.
    All FF wants to do is piss away the wealth of generations pandering to the property developers and other politically connected elites. I'm fairly sure they'll give the Greenies whatever they want so long as they approve the NAMA plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Looks like the Greens are sticking around:

http://twitter.com/sendboyle

"Yes we have white smoke."

Guess I won't ever be voting for them again.

Pure grandstanding by them. Timing the deal just in time for the 9 o'clock news...what a coincidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭alfranken

Ludo wrote: »
    Looks like the Greens are sticking around:

http://twitter.com/sendboyle

"Yes we have white smoke."

polluters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Yep, I've been a life long greens voter. I will never vote for them again.

I would imagine most people think like us. The greens have destroyed themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

I wonder who caved in. this is terrible news, especially for the Greens long term... this wont be forgotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

We'll see tomorrow if it's all been in vain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

http://twitter.com/sendboyle : "Yes we have white smoke."

Something else for the Fianna Failures to hide behind :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Something else for the Fianna Failures to hide behind :mad:

Ugh...that quote of my post makes it almost look I am hapy about this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Whoops! Wouldn't have read it that way, but I guess it's understandable that you'd want to be disassociated with any possible interpretation like that : I'll edit it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

What are green jobs, which jobs are these 10,000 and did the green party actually have a hand in it? Are they profitable businesses as going concerns?

Go and read my previous post.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62466172&postcount=34

• Registered Users Posts: 16,817 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Dampsquid wrote: »
    I wonder who caved in. this is terrible news, especially for the Greens long term... this wont be forgotten.

why are you surprised. they are like any party once they get a whiff of power they are enamoured of it. if they stay in power with FF they are going the way of the PDS. the irony is that they are a party that seems to pride itself on having vision....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

taconnol wrote: »

In that post you refer to 5570 green jobs being made, and of those, only 785 have been made since the greens came to power and even still only 100 in 2009. That's a far cry to my mind of the 10,000 green jobs being made in 2009 alone as you claimed.

Also, none of the jobs you referred to have anything to do with the green party. They would have set up here anyway.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Hopefully most posters on boards will recognise the gallows humour that we have all come to know in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

The way I see it, if by the end of this government the Greens have achieved the planning and political reforms they are seeking, then they will have done something more important than any other coalition could have achieved.

For Ireland's sake, I really hope they can do it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

In that post you refer to 5570 green jobs being made, and of those, only 785 have been made since the greens came to power and even still only 100 in 2009. That's a far cry to my mind of the 10,000 green jobs being made in 2009 alone as you claimed.

Also, none of the jobs you referred to have anything to do with the green party. They would have set up here anyway.

All of your post is incorrect. They have all announced made since May of this year, if you read the dates properly. Last time I checked the Greens came into power in 2007.

You've also completely ignored the other comments in my post about indirect jobs, other investment and jobs in related technologies like Microsoft databases.

If you're going to argue they have nothing to do with the Green Party, well, are you going to bother backing it up or are you hoping that just stating it will make it a fact?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I really don't think the Greens will ever die; in continental Europe they just seem to turn into a lobby group when the going gets too tough and then rise like a phoenix into a political party once more. As green issues gain more importance, I can see them getting more relevant again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I may be wrong for doing it but if the Greens said "No more..." my credability in them would start to swing back towards them more so.

Advertisement