Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Metal/Hard Rock bands that you really hate!

Options
  • 09-10-2009 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

I've been a fan of Heavy Metal/Hard Rock music for many, many years since the Number of the Beast era. And most bands that have come and gone since then have been great to listen to. But there are a few bands that really annoy me when their songs come on the radio. I'm lucky enough here in Finland to have 2 radio stations completely dedicated to rock, Radio Rock and Radio Sata. So I can switch over at the touch of a button.

The main band that makes me switch over is Aerosmith. Their stuff makes me cringe. Love in an elevator... WHAT CRAP!!!! I just cannot stand it. The only song that is in any way decent is Dream On. Steven Tyler annoys with his whinning voice. He's a pretentious obnoxious p***k that looks like a badly held-together Spitting Image puppet. I mean, the guy fell off the stage quite recently because he forgot to take his zimmer frame with him. RETIRE!! And put us all out of our misery.

Rant over

Your turn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Aerosmith
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Kings of fcuking Leon
    All American Rejects
    Blink 182
    Sum 41
    (all other bands that sound like the above 3)
    Linkin Park
    My Chemical Romance (and all copycat bands)
    Good Charlotte
    Nickelback

Theres many others but generally in the same ilk as the above (aka pretentious ****e)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

This thread should be fun!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

- Guns and Roses

- All EMO bands, Not sure of names cause they all cry about the same stuff (I presume theres one called crybabies)

- Muse

- Arctic monkeys and all them lookalikes/soundalikes.

- Aerosmith

Oh i forgot about Muse and Arctic Monkeys, also Razorlight, the Killers, the coronas etc, all indie music really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

One band I can't get into (and I've tried) is Mastodon. I just can't stand the music they make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

PlastikdaN wrote: »
    - All EMO bands, Not sure of names cause they all cry about the same stuff (I presume theres one called crybabies)

You are factually incorrect.

I never really got into Guns and Roses, I have to say.

Obituary are ones I also never really got the hang of, for some reason.

The majority of indie bands nowadays are just copycat bollocks, but at the same time you can get quite a bit of variation and there is some pure gold out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Aerosmith
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Kings of fcuking Leon
    All American Rejects
    Blink 182
    Sum 41
    (all other bands that sound like the above 3)
    Linkin Park
    My Chemical Romance (and all copycat bands)
    Good Charlotte
    Nickelback

Theres many others but generally in the same ilk as the above (aka pretentious ****e)

Yep, band for band that's gotta be my list too.! :pac:

Although I will add Paramore (even though she's kinda hawt! huhuhuhu....), Linkin Park, Korn, Limp Bizkit (ok they're bands that used to be good before they got too big for their boots).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Fallout Boy!

NOT RAWK! more like random indie pop stuff!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Metallica
    Megadeth
    Anything that sounds remotely like MCR
    Nearly everything considered Pop Rock
    Limp Bizkit or whatever the **** their name is
    Aerosmith
    Guns N' Roses
    Rolling Stones
    most bands from the Rolling Stones era tbh

One band I can't get into (and I've tried) is Mastodon. I just can't stand the music they make.

Hmm, I get you. It took me a few listens to get what they're doing all right. I'd suggest with sticking to their first two albums. Anything after that is just crap! Especially their latest one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

I loved Aerosmith at the start ''Aerosmith'' and ''Get Your Wings'' Were quality albums!

Bands I can't stand:
      Testament Any death metal really Linkin Park The Smiths (Pretension of the highest order) Opeth (Hate Them)

I'll give anything a listen the once and don't feel strongly about too much music but the above I cant stand!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I don't like them either. I seen 'Crack The Skye' at my local library, but I completely turned up my nose at it.:mad:

Some other rock/metal bands I can't stand.

Airbourne
    Mastodon
    Canibal Corpse
    Artic Monkeys
    Marduk
    Rammstein
    Turisas
    Dragonforce
    Devildriver
    Mayhem
    Slipknot
    Deicide
    System of a Down
    Nickelback
    Most new metal bands as well
    Also most bands featured in Metal Hammer magazine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Coldplay

/thread

I don't like them either. I seen 'Crack The Skye' at my local library, but I completely turned up my nose at it.:mad:

Airbourne
    Mastodon
    Canibal Corpse

Artic Monkeys
    Marduk
    Rammstein
    Turisas
    Dragonforce
    Devildriver
    Mayhem
    Slipknot
    Deicide
    System of a Down

Nickelback

:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Everything on Kerrang now, kerrang aint what it used to be!

Everything on Kerrang now, kerrang aint what it used to be!
    just to put that in context, i flicked on kerrang there - and they were playing Muse. I hate muse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Airbourne
    Rammstein
    Slipknot
    System of a Down
    Nickelback

How can you hate these bands?? :confused::eek:

deman wrote: »
    take nickelback off and put in Deicide and Id ask the same

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Muse (Everyone else I know are mad about them and I REALLY don't get it)
    Nickleback
    Paramore (I briefly liked them, but they lost ALL credibility for getting involved in the Twilight ****e.
    All American Rejects (Their song "I Wanna" sounded like somethnig from the Jonas Brothers)
    Green Day (Their old stuff was good, but it is all pretentious crap now)
    Coldplay

Give me a half an hour on Scuzz and I will probably come up with more.

It really was depressing to see a Scuzz countdown, that had Metallica at No. 8, and Nickleback at No. 6 :eek:

Max Power1 wrote: »
    :eek:

Sorry Max Power, but those bands just do nothing for me. I'm not trying to derail this thread but my type of metal bands are Amorphis, Immortal, Moonspell, Bathory, Mercyful Fate, Paradise Lost, Emperor, old Dimmu Borgir, Iron Maiden, Celtic Frost, Tiamat, Old Man's Child, Hypocrisy, Faith No More etc.

• Advertisement

deman wrote: »

Each to their own. I'm generally not a fan of mainstream metal at all. I have'nt bought Metal Hammer in ages now because it has gone completely crap and very very mainstream in my opinion. Whereas Terrorizer and Classic Rock are much better reads these days.

A few other bands I forgot about:

Lamb of God
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Kings of Leon
    All American Rejects
    Razorlight
    Blink 182
    Obituary
    Christian Death
    Vader
    Disturbed
    Trivium
    3 Inches of Blood
    Manowar
    Children of Bodom (the first three albums were great but after that they really went downhill)
    Sum 41

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Canibal Corpse
    Marduk
    Mayhem
    Deicide
    System of a Down
    I love all these bands :(

Denny M wrote: »
    I love all these bands :(

I don't entirely hate Mayhem, but I think that both 'De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas and Grand Declaration of War' were very good, but I never got into any of their other albums though.

Aye, I liked those two, but I also loved Deathcrush and Wolfs Lair Abyss (Fall of Seraphs ftw!) not to mention some of their live stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

I am a big prog fan, but I find it extremely difficult to listen to some 80's english prog such as IQ, Pendragon etc. Its like punk never happened for these guys, for shame on them. The musicianship is ok but its the faux mystical nonsense written by Terry Pratchett's less talented drunken evil twin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Kings Of Leon definitely make my blood boil... I cannot ****ing stand them!!!

Helloween were another group... I cannot believe I used to LOVE them... They are just too awful for words now. Can't even listen to classic albums like ''Keeper of Seven Keys'' anymore cos they've just shat all over themselves in the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Oh jaysus, HOW could I forget Kings of Leon?!!!!:mad: If I hear "The Sex is on Fire" on more time....AAAARGH!!

Also...Snow Patrol :mad:

A few other bands I forgot about:

Lamb of God
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Kings of Leon
    All American Rejects
    Razorlight
    Blink 182
    Obituary
    Christian Death
    Vader
    Disturbed
    Trivium
    3 Inches of Blood
    Manowar
    Children of Bodom (the first three albums were great but after that they really went downhill)
    Sum 41

Cast out the heretic! :pac:

Lamb of God
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Obituary
    Vader
    Children of Bodom
    Like/love all these too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Airbourne
    Mastodon
    Canibal Corpse
    Artic Monkeys
    Marduk
    Rammstein
    Turisas
    Dragonforce
    Devildriver
    Mayhem
    Slipknot
    Deicide
    System of a Down
    Nickelback

Since everyone are highlighting what bands they like out of your list ...

I like these ones. :p

Edit: I forgot Disturbed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement