Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Metal/Hard Rock bands that you really hate!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Ive highlighted the bands that I like on your list, in addition, most of the bands youve listed are time honored classics and metal legends :) sheesh the posters here should have to pass a music knowledge/taste test before being allowed to post here!!

Like you for example? ;)

So if someone dislikes any so-called "Time honoured classics" or "Metal legends" as you say then that instantly means they haven't a clue about "Real Music"? Come on.

Maybe I dislike those bands because I feel that they are devoid of artistic integrity and haven't managed to release anything of note since their heydays?

Anyway, it's each to their own and all that gayness but I listened to a handful of those bands in my impressionable teens. Then I grew up, scratched the surface and now regret all that wasted time listening to that ****e when I could have been listening to the stuff I'm into now.:D

Btw I'm a big death metal fan so I doubt we're gonna see eye to eye on this anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Limp Bizkit

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rebecca9

i ****ing hate the likes of emo bands too but they're not 'heavy metal/hard rock' in the first place so why even bother to mention them in a metal thread lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Like you for example? ;)

So if someone dislikes any so-called "Time honoured classics" or "Metal legends" as you say then that instantly means they haven't a clue about "Real Music"? Come on.

Maybe I dislike those bands because I feel that they are devoid of artistic integrity and haven't managed to release anything of note since their heydays?

Anyway, it's each to their own and all that gayness but I listened to a handful of those bands in my impressionable teens. Then I grew up, scratched the surface and now regret all that wasted time listening to that ****e when I could have been listening to the stuff I'm into now.:D

Btw I'm a big death metal fan so I doubt we're gonna see eye to eye on this anyway.
    Despite my better judgement, i'll bite.

Give me an example of a band who you dislike and who you feel are "devoid of artistic integrity" who i have said are legendary?

I am also a death metal fan you may have noticed from my avatar :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

After sitting through their new album.... i think i might add Slayer to the list.

They just sound tired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Calm down there lads it's all opinions in here. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

nu metal bands

emo bands

new bands trying to be acdc (airbourne/the drakness)

these new chick bands that all sound the same (Evanescence/nightwish,lacuna coil)

underground blackmetal ,its just noise

METALlICA and every band from that era who sold out

most irish metal )except two tales of woe best irish metal band) ,rest all sound the same and most the vocalist sound like james hetfield whos a tool i might add.rest of em just dont have a good sound.thats just me though im sure alot of people like em.

nearly every band that appears in kerrang now a days dont think theres even any metal bands in there anymore

thats enough for now

xanthor wrote: »
    After sitting through their new album.... i think i might add Slayer to the list.

They just sound tired.

new album is awesome ,kinda where seasons and divine intervention left off
    great form ,i love that they dont change ,except for guitar tones here and there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

yeah I like the new album. A few subtle differences (like the start of the doll song) but all in all as expected

Max Power1 wrote: »
    yeah I like the new album. A few subtle differences (like the start of the doll song) but all in all as expected

i havent put it down since i got it,
    has anyone been on there site lately ,the merch part seems to be down,they had an offer to buy the album in diffrent packaging also with an extended booklet and skull map and tshirt ,but is only available in the us that just sucks

i got the deluxe and the normal version and both booklets are the same just dvd and packagin are diffrent thats my only complaint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

most irish metal )except two tales of woe best irish metal band) ,rest all sound the same and most the vocalist sound like james hetfield whos a tool i might add.rest of em just dont have a good sound.

Congratulations on typing the stupidest thing I've ever read on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Metzengerstein if you like Two tales of Woe that much (and yes they are a good band, they rarely have a poor live sound) you should head to the Mael Mordha gig in the Academy tonight which TToW are playing as support along with Decayor. Can't go wrong for less than a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

nu metal bands

emo bands

new bands trying to be acdc (airbourne/the drakness)

these new chick bands that all sound the same (Evanescence/nightwish,lacuna coil)

METALlICA and every band from that era who sold out

most irish metal )except two tales of woe best irish metal band) ,rest all sound the same and most the vocalist sound like james hetfield whos a tool i might add.rest of em just dont have a good sound.thats just me though im sure alot of people like em.

nearly every band that appears in kerrang now a days dont think theres even any metal bands in there anymore

thats enough for now

You obviously haven't a clue as to what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

UUUGGGHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

All three of those bands you've mentioned have been around since the mid nineties. Does a fifteen year old band count as new?
    most irish metal )except two tales of woe best irish metal band) ,rest all sound the same
    Can you maybe provide us with a couple of MySpace links to even just two Irish metal bands who sound the same? Here are Mass Extinction, Primordial and Enemy Logic who don't sound the same to me.
    nearly every band that appears in kerrang now a days
    I have to agree with you on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 OrthodoxCaveman

All 80s Hair Metal. (Such a hideous sub-genre)

Trivium. (Trying too hard to be Metallica, who have been failing for 19 years)

Marilyn Manson. (Hasn't released anything noteworthy since 'Antichrist Superstar')

Opeth. (Seems to be the new favourite band for pseudo-intellectuals)

There are more that I don't like, but I don't really hate that many bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Brodequin - I love Brutal DM such as Suffocation but this is just bilge.

All Nu-Metal
    Nickelback
    Trivium
    Creed
    Anything EMO or attached to the Twilight 'franchise'
    W.A.S.P
    90% of Black Metal bands

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭nillox

i dont get all this disliking for mastodon.

to me, they're one of the only interesting bands out at the moment.

but then again, this is only opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Trivium fail epically at everything
    Mastodon, while i can appreciate why people would like them, i just can't stand them
    Most Black Metal.

Congratulations on typing the stupidest thing I've ever read on this forum.

ahh you must be from metal ireland,only some one from there would post something like that ,cos nobody can have there own opinions on that site .

so congratulations on being a moron

• Advertisement

You obviously haven't a clue as to what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

its just my oppinion so chill out.just because something isnt to my taste doesnt mean i dont have a clue .sheesh!!

Malice_ wrote: »
    All three of those bands you've mentioned have been around since the mid nineties. Does a fifteen year old band count as new?

Can you maybe provide us with a couple of MySpace links to even just two Irish metal bands who sound the same? Here are Mass Extinction, Primordial and Enemy Logic who don't sound the same to me.

I have to agree with you on this.

yea fair enough on the chick bands i know they are not all new just refering to that type in general alot of bands came around after the 1st few and just sounded all the same

ok on the irish metal maybe i should do some more homework ,just in my time hearing irish bands alot of em tend to come up with the same sound which just isnt my cup of tea .theres no offence ment here just someones oppinion

these would be the ones i like the most

two tales
    cruachan
    waylander
    and some of primordials stuff

,why do people get offended by oppinions ,everyone has likes and dislikes ,theres no offence ment unless your calling someone a w**ker for listning to something you dont like which is just stupid .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

yea fair enough on the chick bands i know they are not all new just refering to that type in general alot of bands came around after the 1st few and just sounded all the same
    Who are these bands that sounded the same then? Also, they aren't "chick bands" as you put it. Do you refer to bands with male singers as bloke bands? What do you call bands with both male and female singers?

On your other point, people get pissed off with opinions that are unfounded and not backed up by fact.

Malice_ wrote: »
    Who are these bands that sounded the same then? Also, they aren't "chick bands" as you put it. Do you refer to bands with male singers as bloke bands? What do you call bands with both male and female singers?

On your other point, people get pissed off with opinions that are unfounded and not backed up by fact.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

ive nothing more too say on it they are my oppinions,if someone thinks diffrent so be it im not bothered ,and if they are bothered its silly

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

ive nothing more too say on it they are my oppinions,if someone thinks diffrent so be it im not bothered ,and if they are bothered its silly,

and if i want to call them chick bands i will...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Right, I think this thread has well run it's course by now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement