Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin City Navigator VS TomTom

Options
  • 09-10-2009 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of buying a TomTom GPS and was wondering how you load POI or locations from your P.C to the GPS unit.

I have a Garmin, and I have to use city navigator which I hate and you have to pay for ( unless you find it for free somewhere). I use ovi maps for my phone. Its an online service and works really well.

What do TomTom use for this ? Is it a PC application or a web based app ?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Tomtom use a very user friendly GUI. its called TomTom home . it handles everything from udating maps , sharing corrections via mapshare, adding custom voices and images etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

Is this a web based application ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

thegoth wrote: »
    Is this a web based application ?
    No its software. It can be downloaded here
    http://www.tomtom.com/plus/service.php?ID=17&l=25

Just bought the Tom Tom one for €89.99 here http://www.xtravision.ie/sat-nav/257425/tom-tom-one-v3-irl-uk.aspx

Hope its a good deal. It looks like one

You cant go wrong for €89.
    If you have any probs or need any help with it let me know.
    Remember software updates regularly as well as the map corrections so connect to TTH often.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Picked this up as a present for someone. Seems to be similar to the Garmin Nuvi 310 minus the bluetooth I paid over €500 for about 3 years ago.

€89 for a TomTom seems like a steal.

Advertisement