Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

www.PremierFleetAutos.ie

• 09-10-2009 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Folks, I have just reserved a car with premier fleet autos and am researching whether I am doing the right thing. I just noticed a thread questioning there connection with Credit Crunch Cars. And, also suggesting to avoid them. Has anyone any dealings with them, or heard much about them? I am due to collect and pay for the car Sat 17th Oct and need to find out asap.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I wonder are they anything to do with these guys? :confused:

http://www.premierfleet.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 12 d4rcy

From what I understand they operate out of the UK, have a 01408 1234 number and the company name premierfleetautos was registered in Dublin on 26/08/09. The only presence they have in ireland is their collection depot in dublin.
    It is a substantial amout of money I plan to give them and am getting last minute nerves.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I think your mad to give someone money for a car you havent even seen yet.

There are plenty of Passats in the country, and I'd doubt you'll be saving that much money by going down the UK route.

On top of that, it means you have come back with the dealer, and you can actually see the car beforehand. I wouldnt trust these guys to stay around too long if the **** hits the fan, but thats just my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

from what i know they are a different entity to what drummer boy mentioned.

They provide 6 month warrantys, listed on RTE.ie as an independent dealer aswell. However this thread may be of benefit to you. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62435198

all i can say is that in the current economic climate you shouldnt need to go to somebody you're not sure about. Cash is king these days, and the market is flooded.

mywheels.ie is also a handy site if you have the reg

Thanks guys. I did see the thread you sent, and that's what has started me asking questions. I have given 495 euro deposit, and I believe I am entitled to this being refunded under UK law.

I am not afraid of buying a car in the UK I haven't seen before and have done so in the past, but usually from a main dealer. This is my 1st time with 2nd hand guys / importers.

As you suggest, if in doubt walk away.

However, I am interested in hearing if anyone has 1st hand experience, good or bad stories of these lads

• Advertisement

Just spoke to a v. close friend of mine in the car trade and he gave the following information:

Reading between the lines I think these guys are trying to pre-sell Auction cars in some cases.

The picture is a typical auction hall - normally BCA Auctions throughout England. If you go to the BCA website you maybe able to get dates of the next auctions & the cars entered into them.

BCA holds these auctions online aswell so you can register & have live webcam access to the auction hall and bid for vehicles. If Premier Fleet have pre-sold this car to you then they know the max bid they can give for a car. Regarding the condition of the cars as they are buying them unseen that would confirm the inconsistency of the advertised condition and the actual condition of the car when it arrives with them. I have bought cars using the BCA system and more times than enough the car arrives with a bumper scratch or door ding that has not been described. As we have bought the car under auction terms we have no rights to go back with the car.

The only thing to do is not panic, look at the car when it arrives and hopefully it will work out. The car has a low mileage so it shouldn't need anything and if you sit in the car you can access all service info via the i-Drive system e.g Mileage to next service, miles left in brake pads etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

d4rcy:

How did you get on? Did you buy the car in the end?

After I gave the deposit I had to chase them for a progress update on the car. Ends up the car I had reserved had some interior damage when it arrived to their depot for inspection. They then told me the car wasn't right (fair enough). To be honest I was happy, cos the decision was made for me.

Ended up finding a better spec'd 08 520d m-sport in scotland and arrived back last night with it. Will import it myself. V. chuffed

All worked out in the end.

I woudn't say avoid them, just be cautious.

Thanks for asking. Hope this helps others when considering using premier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 paladin101

I'm creating this new thread in order to give the thread the correct title for the company. It apparently was previously named "Credit Crunch Autos", but is now trading under Premier Fleet Autos, based in Dublin. There was a previous thread related to CCA HERE.

This was my last post on that thread....
    Given my experience with them to date, I'd be very slow to recommend doing business with them.
    1) The description of the car and condition of the car was wrong.
    - Wrong milage
    - Wrong transmission type
    2) It took several e-mails and phone calls to secure the warranty documentation.
    - a limitation of the warrant they offer is they only cover you for work at a rate of €45/hr (where in Ireland can you get that!!?) and the maximum payout in the 6 months offered is only €600eek.gif
    3) They state the car is 'fully serviced' before sale, this may be the case but it has not been done by a main dealer and there is no service stamp in the log book for the service and the on board computer is not updated.
    - I needed to take the car for a main dealer service 2 weeks after purchase because the on board computer demanded it daily. Cost - €300!
    4) I purchased in Dublin but wanted a Cork reg rolleyes.gif so opted to pay the VRT myself in cork. I withheld the estimated cost of the VRT registration when paying PFA, with the promise that I would be reimbursed the balance if the estimate was incorrect (English spectd. cars, leather/air con, aren't always listed in the VRT website!). The balance was €320....6 weeks later I'm still chasing them for itmad.gif

In short, the up front price of the car may be attractive but there may be a high cost later. I personally would never deal with them again and would not recommend them to my friends.

Hopefully anyone else that may have dealings with them will be more cautious that I;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ENCRYPTION

betafrog wrote: »
    Or you could PM a mod and ask them to rename the thread rather than starting another thread on it...
    <snip>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Hi ENCRYPTION,

If you wish to post again, please detail your exact experiences and be prepared to back them up. This is not a place for unsubstantiated rants.

While you're at it, take off your Caps Lock.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ENCRYPTION

betafrog wrote: »
    Or you could PM a mod and ask them to rename the thread rather than starting another thread on it...
    I doubt very much if your so called company would have lawyers if only for the reason that you would never stray towards the legal system. Have you filed any accounts with the tax authorities for CREDIT CRUNCH CARS?:D

ENCRYPTION wrote: »
    I doubt very much if your so called company would have lawyers if only for the reason that you would never stray towards the legal system. Have you filed any accounts with the tax authorities for CREDIT CRUNCH CARS?:D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63284943&postcount=20

Encryption banned for 1 week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dessiethedub

I would like herewith to explain my dealings with Premier Fleet Autos aka "Credit Crunch Motors".

1. Firstly the names of the individuals all working within this firm seem to be fictional and characters from only "fools and horses" i.e Jonny, tommy, liamy etc.....

2. I have no doubt this mob are a subsidary of Credit Crunch i.e same phone numbers; same location (identified from Companies House) www.cro.ie

3. They clearly stated the car would be 'fully serviced' before sale, this was not the case as the service light came on within 2k miles of receipt. In addition there was no service stamp in the log book for the service and the on board computer was not updated.

4. Upon receipt of the car, I inquired as to where the spare key was? They answered that it was in the office and that they would send it out to me. After numerous phone calls, eventually they sent it; however; it was not for this vehicle. I informed them of this mishap and they stated they could offer me a 100 euros which I declined as after investigation the key replacement would of cost me 140 euros. I insisted and they stated they would send someone around which never materialised.

5. Despite numerous requests for the warranty that came with the Car; they've failed to provide and Credit Crunch Cars have sinve vanished! Supposedly.

6. As a result of the above; we have now encountered problems with the car and will cost to the tune of 500 euros to repair for which PFA will take no responsibilty despite the fact the person I spoke to sounded strikingly similar to the person I did the deal with previously on the purchase.

My only advise to anyone considering buying a car from this MOB is to steer well clear...............

Honestly you can take this on board if you feel like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Mick K

Was it a ginger guy you dealt with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dessiethedub

It was over the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Mick K

I know the background of the company alright,And Freddy :D

How the hell did you tell he was ginger over the phone out of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

Mick K wrote: »
    I know the background of the company alright,And Freddy :D

How the hell did you tell he was ginger over the phone out of interest?

He sounded ugly;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Why are there two separate theads on this outlet with the same posts in both threads??????

paladin101 wrote: »
    I'm creating this new thread in order to give the thread the correct title for the company.
    Darragh29 wrote: »
    Why are there two separate theads on this outlet with the same posts in both threads??????

Threads merged.

• Advertisement

dessiethedub,
    Sorry to hear about your dealings with these lads. It was pure fluke that I ended up sourcing a car myself after the one I had reserved with them ended up having a dog chewed interior.

BTW It was Liam I was dealing with.

good luck

Lads, is this outlet some kind of virtual outlet or is/was it a physical showroom??? What I'm asking really is, did you get involved in a purchase or a commitment to purchase/place a deposit without actually seeing the car in person???

Yep, that's the concept.

You buy a car they (probably) don't have in stock yet. They ship it in from the UK. You're allowed to reject it if it's not as described.

It's a great business model if you ask me.

-Chris- wrote: »
    Yep, that's the concept.

You buy a car they (probably) don't have in stock yet. They ship it in from the UK. You're allowed to reject it if it's not as described.

It's a great business model if you ask me.

I've just had a look at their site. Maybe they have a few issues around the vehicle preparation and servicing area...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Altentop

Have dealt with premierfleet autos and would be very slow to reccomend them as a bearing had to be replaced after a few months. This in itself was fair enough as these things can happen. The car was still under warrenty and supposedly the replacement of the bearing was covered by this. When I looked into this the warrenty company was based in the UK and premierfleet have nothing to do with any repairs. The big problem is that the warrenty company are not affiliated to any garages in the Republic. I could not find any garage that would do the work and then bill this UK company and hope they would get paid for the work, honestly I could see their point of view. I ended up paying for the repairs myself so the 6 month warrenty they offer is really a sham as it is practcally impossible to redeem it

• Registered Users Posts: 18 marcanthony1

On Tuesday 11th Jan I ordered a Black '08 Passat 1.9 TDI - advert shows 22K Miles, quite low. I did a cartell.ie report and a HPI report. Both reports tell me: "no problem to report, with mileage, VIN, engine num, finance etc. I am arranging the AA in the UK to inspect the car 17th or 18th Jan. I want to be sure about the mileage and service record.

It certainly feels risky buying from the importer with so much talk around about cloned cars, clocked cars etc. I await the UK AA report in few days.

I didn't see any car like this available in Ireland, it would be good if I had more time to wait and see if I could find something in Irl at right price and low mileage.....

M

You pay a deposit based on a picture and a written description from the advertiser. And yes as Dara says, I've been told I can reject the car if it has a defect when I see it when it arrives in Naas.

P.S. I ordered a car from them this week. Plan is, car due at Naas Satr 22 June......fingers crossed !!

M
    Darragh29 wrote: »
    Lads, is this outlet some kind of virtual outlet or is/was it a physical showroom??? What I'm asking really is, did you get involved in a purchase or a commitment to purchase/place a deposit without actually seeing the car in person???

OOPS !!!!!!!

So their Warranty is no good in the Republic of Ireland ?? !!

I've just ordered a car from PFAutos.....

M

Altentop wrote: »
    Have dealt with premierfleet autos and would be very slow to reccomend them as a bearing had to be replaced after a few months. This in itself was fair enough as these things can happen. The car was still under warrenty and supposedly the replacement of the bearing was covered by this. When I looked into this the warrenty company was based in the UK and premierfleet have nothing to do with any repairs. The big problem is that the warrenty company are not affiliated to any garages in the Republic. I could not find any garage that would do the work and then bill this UK company and hope they would get paid for the work, honestly I could see their point of view. I ended up paying for the repairs myself so the 6 month warrenty they offer is really a sham as it is practcally impossible to redeem it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Zombie thread!!!:eek::eek::eek:

After reading through the above I would be very slow to deal with these guys. However if the business model itself appeals to you I have heard nothing bad about www.autodirect.ie in Naas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Zombie thread!!!:eek::eek::eek:

After reading through the above I would be very slow to deal with these guys. However if the business model itself appeals to you I have heard nothing bad about www.autodirect.ie in Naas.

Yes and why did the OP make 3 posts one after the other..:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

zombie thread IBTL

in all fariness this company sound like chancers anyway, you may walk away with a cheap car that works for you but doesnt sound worth the risk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Closed as it's a zombie thread.

marcanthony1, you're welcome to start a new thread if you wish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement