Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Austin Desomind Interview on Newstalk

Options
  • 09-10-2009 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭

Did anyone else hear this??

Absolutely ridiculous!!

The man is delusional!!

Tom Dunne went far to easy on him!

Im off to try and find it on the web!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

I thought that was a spoof!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Are ye two being serious??? :rolleyes: Jesus wept. There is no hope for this country.

I wasn't listening very closely to it. I took it to be a spoof. Are you saying it was a real interview?

I only ask because later, on the news program with Eamonn Keane there was an interview with a Kerry FF TD which sounded like a spoof, but wasn't. People were texting in asking if it was real or a sketch. It's just that it's very hard to tell lately.

I heard Bertie Ahearn saying that everything was grand when he and mccreevy were running things. Sure that could have been knob nation having a laugh!

Fr0g wrote: »
    I wasn't listening very closely to it. I took it to be a spoof. Are you saying it was a real interview?
    What do you think?? Have you ever heard of Austin Desmond?? Did you try googling him??

• Advertisement

I only ask because later, on the news program with Eamonn Keane there was an interview with a Kerry FF TD which sounded like a spoof, but wasn't. People were texting in asking if it was real or a sketch. It's just that it's very hard to tell lately.

I heard Bertie Ahearn saying that everything was grand when he and mccreevy were running things. Sure that could have been knob nation having a laugh!

Unfortunately that was factual. As for the Kerry TD that sounded like a spoof, it must have been Healy-Rae.:)

CB theres really no need to be so offended. I took it to be a spoof and didn't pay much more attention to it. It seems I was correct in my assumption so I wont bother googling him OK? Calm down and don't be so quick to judge.

I stand by my assertion that some interviews with FF TDs of late could easily be mistaken for a comedy sketch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

I googled him straight after I posted this :rolleyes:

Very well done in fairness,

Disney Land in Mullingar

CB theres really no need to be so offended. I took it to be a spoof and didn't pay much more attention to it. It seems I was correct in my assumption so I wont bother googling him OK? Calm down and don't be so quick to judge.

I stand by my assertion that some interviews with FF TDs of late could easily be mistaken for a comedy sketch.[/QUOTE]

Very true, very true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Austin who? (are you his publicist?)

I googled Austin Desmond and he's a fine art dealer. I also googled 'austin desomind' and the only result is this page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Thats a bit of historical revisionism - Ahern fell out with McCreevy because McCreevy fought demands to increase spending as hard as he could. He was eventually pushed out because A) McCreevy annoyed his Fianna Fail colleagues by not letting them have all the sweets, and faster and B) became a lightning rod for public criticism because McCreevy revelled in picking fights with "bleeding heart Irish Times liberals" and mocking them.

Advertisement