Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No management company annual meeting or accounts

Options
  • 09-10-2009 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I own an appartment since 2006 which is let to tenants.
    Since then I have paid the annual maintenance charge to mgt company.

However I have never received accounts for the mgt company or an invitation to annual meeting.

Is there a legal obligation on the mgt company to forward accounts to me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Yes, you should get annual accounts and also an invite to the AGM.

Does the management agent have your correct postal address (since you don't live in the unit you own)? It is your responsibility to ensure they have your correct address.

Maybe they are writing to you at your unit address and the letters are just not being passed to you for some reason?

If you believe they have your details but you're not getting the information, then send a registered letter to the management agent, and also to the directors of the management company, reminding them that you are entitled to a set of accounts and also notice of the AGM.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Even if you don't get a copy of the accounts, the management company should have filed them. You can check on CRO to see if a company has filed their annual returns. If they haven't filed the accounts, then there's something dodgy going on.

If they have filed the accounts, then it may be as Paul as mentioned and the post just isn't getting to you. If you have a "No Junk Mail" sticker or similar, afaik the postman cannot legally deliver any post address to "the occupier" or "the resident". I might be wrong though.

Advertisement